It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Need Help Ordering Igenex Test Kit

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-06-2005, 08:25 AM   #1
    lynnp
    (female)

lynnp HB User
    Question Need Help Ordering Igenex Test Kit

I have tested negative for Lyme and positive for Babesia through the J Clinic. The nurse practitioner doesn't feel like it is important to get a positive result for Lyme, because she said that a positive Babesia and a positive ANA is all that she needs for a Lyme diagnosis and treatment. But she said if I want, I can order a kit through Igenex.

I, however, want a positive Lyme result especially in case I need to be treated by a non-LLMD.

That being said, how do I know what test kit to order through Igenex. What kits have all of you ordered? How much was it? How long does it take for results? Do they send results to Dr. or to you?

Any direction you could give me would be deeply appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2005, 10:06 AM   #2
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User
    Re: Need Help Ordering Igenex Test Kit

Dear lynnp,

I thought about doing the same thing as you but after my husband's meltdown last month I will be going to see Dr. Crist in Missouri. They had a cancellation for today and called yesterday to see if I could fill it but it is too far away for 1 day's notice. When I talked to the nurse there today to say I couldn't make it I asked about what tests results to bring and she said only anything done in the last 6 months. I told her my biggest objective is to have a lyme test sent to Igenex and if I understood her correctly she said Dr. Crist will do the test in his lab. I didn't know he did that at his facility. I only had band #23 show through Quest and labcorp and a negative on the babs test but now after researching have discovered that babs can cause mobility problems which is my major problem. I guess you could have lyme with a negative test and positive babs just like I really think I might have babs with a negative test. It is very frustrating isn't it? I am sure somebody will come on and tell you how to go about this, in fact if you look back a few threads Amber is doing the same. Good luck and I hope you can come up with real confirmation which is what I am looking for too, something on paper in black & white.

Maureen

Last edited by Betterdaysforme; 10-06-2005 at 10:07 AM.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:26 PM   #3
    lynnp
    (female)

lynnp HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Betterdaysforme
    Dear lynnp,

I thought about doing the same thing as you but after my husband's meltdown last month I will be going to see Dr. Crist in Missouri. They had a cancellation for today and called yesterday to see if I could fill it but it is too far away for 1 day's notice. When I talked to the nurse there today to say I couldn't make it I asked about what tests results to bring and she said only anything done in the last 6 months. I told her my biggest objective is to have a lyme test sent to Igenex and if I understood her correctly she said Dr. Crist will do the test in his lab. I didn't know he did that at his facility. I only had band #23 show through Quest and labcorp and a negative on the babs test but now after researching have discovered that babs can cause mobility problems which is my major problem. I guess you could have lyme with a negative test and positive babs just like I really think I might have babs with a negative test. It is very frustrating isn't it? I am sure somebody will come on and tell you how to go about this, in fact if you look back a few threads Amber is doing the same. Good luck and I hope you can come up with real confirmation which is what I am looking for too, something on paper in black & white.

Maureen
    Thanks, betterdaysforme. I live in NJ and my LLMD is in NC, so my doctor would mail me and order for it. I would then ordert the kit from Igenex and get my blood drawn here where I live.

I don't want to spend the money on the kit, but since this is the year of my life that I have dedicated to getting better regardless how drastic I have to go, then so be it. I want no stone left unturned.

Old 10-07-2005, 08:08 PM   #4
    lynnp
    (female)

lynnp HB User

Is there anyone out there who could give me advise about ordering Igenex test kits. I really need help in making sure I choose the right one.

Thank you!

Old 10-08-2005, 06:45 AM   #5
    gottagetbetter
    Veteran
    (female)

gottagetbetter HB User

lynnp ,

I would definitely explain these feelings to your LLMD. If they can't lead you in the right direction then you can always call Igenix. I have been told they are wonderful.

I went to see DR C in Missouri and he had kits there and knew what he wanted to test for. He then sent them to CA to Igenix to be run. Takes about 2 weeks to get results back.

Quess it depends on which co-infections you want to be tested for also. HOpefully smeone will stop by that has ordered the test themselves and be able to guide you.

~P

Old 10-09-2005, 05:01 AM   #6
    lynnp
    (female)

lynnp HB User

I called Igenex and they told me that they couldn't help me with which test to order. My doctor doesn't think this test is necessary, but will write an order for one. She says since I tested positive for Babesia and have all the clinical symptoms of Lyme, that's all she needs to treat me for Lyme. The Igenex test is really my idea, so I can have a positive result to show doctors in my area in case I need to be treated by them. I am really only interested in the Lyme test, but don't even know how to order one.

Someone please help me.!

Old 10-09-2005, 05:29 AM   #7
    Lesley1954
    (female)

Lesley1954 HB User

I ordered a Western Blot IgG and IgM test kit from Igenex by phone. They were sent to me free with directions and an order forms to be signed by my doctor and a postage paid lab pack Fed Ex mailer for returning to Igeneix. Together the tests cost $190 and you must pay for them when you return the blood, either by credit card or check. My doctor's office drew the blood, my doctor signed the forms, and I took it to Fed Ex, just so there wouldn't be any mess up. The blood draw needs to be done on a Mon-Wed so it can be received by Igenex by Friday. They use Fed Ex 2-day express for shipping and do not receive any packages over the week-end. The results will be sent to your doctor in about 2 weeks. I hope that's the information you are looking for.

Closed Thread