It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• shakes, temp 97.4, major head pain????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-18-2005, 10:05 AM   #1
    Pearlscale
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pearlscale HB User
    shakes, temp 97.4, major head pain????

Yesterday, ended up at Family dr, couldn't make it to jemsek. The extreme shakes lasted all morning. Low body temp to start but went up to 99.3 by the time I got to office. Dont understand this boby temp thing. Mine used to be normal 98.6 years ago. Also yesterday bp was high and pulse high (probably from pain my guess) Then this horrible pain in my head behind my left ear. (He checked my ears for infection, none there) Today, head still bad and feel worse than worse. No shakes though.

Body temp today is 97.1 & bp really low. I have been off all meds except flaghl (last 13days flaghl trying to get rid of C Difficile before I resume Jemsek protocol) I do go back to Jemsek Fri and also see GI Dr Beutel. Family dr and Jemsek were in touch yesterday, but don't really have answers. No experience in herxs yet.

Does this sound like herx to any of you?. Anyone had similiar experience when herxing. Thanks and prayers to all. Marsha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2005, 10:39 AM   #2
    outinthe_woods
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

outinthe_woods HB User
    Re: shakes, temp 97.4, major head pain????

Hi, Pearlscale: I, too, am suffering the shakes, headache, slight temp. accompanied by voiding about every hour day and night - because I'm so drained and have lost pounds in this past week from this "malady", I haven't had fluids in 9 hours just to get some rest. I also didn't take my Levaquin this morning because all these symptoms started about 36 hours after my first dose of Levaquin - maybe it's just coincidence - maybe as the doctor's secretary said "it sounds like the flu"...I don't know. Waiting for the neurologist who put me on the Levaquin to call back. Also have had a sore throat.... and, yes, some of the sx's may be herxing (like terrific joint pains) so, I'm just plain confused.... I hope you get yours figured out....!

Old 10-18-2005, 12:39 PM   #3
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Pearlscale, I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so bad.

When I am Herx'ing, I also run a constant fever even though the thermometer reads 97 or 98! For as bad as I feel, it should read 110! LOL!

I also have headaches, weakness, diarhea, nausea, fatigue, crying jags, etc.

I'm in the middle of my worst-Herx-ever right now. I feel like roadkill. Yesterday I actually felt like giving up. (You can read my thread "How bad to Herx before giving up" - I think I posted it around midnight)

Whenever you need a sypathetic ear, post here, and we can complain to each other, OK? (This goes for you too gerribear!)

Hang in there!

Peace and health to you,
    Mickie

Last edited by 6Blues; 10-18-2005 at 12:43 PM. Reason: darned brain fog

Old 10-18-2005, 02:42 PM   #4
    Pearlscale
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pearlscale HB User

Jerribear & Mickie
    Thanks for the post. I know mine is not the flu, unless it is of the kete kind. Ha! Like I feel like laughing, maybe crying. I think yours is kete flu. I understand the going to the bathroom. I've been on fluids since the C Diff got going. Has your headache been in one spot and have you ever had spec scan. I have multiple lesions and one very large cyst looking thing with deminished blood flow. Thus the ear pain. Shakes ???

We do need each others support. Now more than ever. This a good thread for us three, maybe more will want to join us. This is rough disease we are dealing with. Give me a little info on youselves. You too Jerribear. As much as we are allowed to give...

Question for both of you, regarding temp. I feel like I should be burning up, it usually not so. My high is 99.3. My low is frequently 97 to 98. This am 97.1.
    I checked my wrist temp it was 91. (This after my husband, Larry said my hands and arms were ice cold. Whats up!!

I am in NC 17 yrs lyme/babesiosis/mycoplasma. Complicated more by
    C Diff. Got mine from Black Fly in Canada. Treated 10 days 17 yrs ago,
    Jemsek restarted treatment 3 wks ago.
    Marsha

Last edited by Pearlscale; 10-18-2005 at 02:53 PM.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:48 PM   #5
    brennd8
    Inactive
    (female)

brennd8 HB User

Hi Marsha,
    I probably had lymes for 27 yrs was bitten by mosquito on forehead when I was 3 yrs old and landed in the hospital for 5 days with all my vital organs shutting down. Dr Crist says taht this probably caused the lymes. I was hit 2 yrs years ago with a series of asthma attack and high doses of steriods that triggered me to be into "full blown lymes disease".
    Anyways...... About this shaking that is happening. Could you please explain it in more detail. I have seizures with my lymes disease and i was wondering if you were haveing something similar to that. my seizures are very odd in that they cover all differnt types of seizures and i do shake with them.
    I am curious and was wanting you to sastify my curiosty.
    Thanks.. "Curiosity killed the cat, Satisfaction brought it back!" HAHA!

Old 10-20-2005, 07:40 PM   #6
    Pearlscale
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pearlscale HB User

Hi Brennd8
    Interesting about the mosquito. Sorry youve had it so long too.

Thing about my shaking, I have had 2 spells. First one about 5 months ago. That one started out with 103 temp, chills then uncontolable shakes. For days after, felt like flu, extreme nausea, then the next week continued with ear pain. Drug myself to family dr (at this point I had not yet seen LLMD) He said, and I repeat, you do not have Lyme. I think it will turn out to be MS. He repeated that several times. Told him, I had appt with Jemsek and that I had tested + Lyme 17 yrs before & treated for 10 days. He said let him know what I found out. My MRI had for several yrs had shown spots (they were not sure what they were) First time 2 yrs ago, I was told there was 3.

2nd shakes. Monday before I woke, I was dreaming I was in ER begging someone to see me before I died, I was shaking violently in my dream. As I woke up, I felt like I couldn't move. My mind had to tell my arms and feet to move. It was strange. Got up and went to bathroom came back to bed started shaking. Lasted few minutes. About 30 minutes later, started shaking again. I could lessen the shakes by tensing every muscle in my body. Called Jemsek, sent to voice mail. Called Fam Dr (GP), said I needed to be seen. Called my sis, she took me as I felt unsafe to drive. At the office BP 123/90 pulse high. Shakes turned to tremmors and stopped after about 3 hrs total. GP not sure what caused them. Drew alot of blood, thought my picc might be infected. It is not. Severe headache started behind L ear just like it did with first time. Had temp 99.3 (it was 97 when I left house) Jemsek had called when I got home, I returned their call. They called GP and told them certain blood test to do. Havn't heard from blood work.

I was told after spect scan couple months ago, lots of sm cyst or lesions and one very large one. Im wondering if the large cyst is the problem. I do go back to Jemsek tomorrow. From there to GI Dr to consult on best way to handle C Diff infection which have free reign when I go on antibotics to kill ketes. Liver not handling to much at this point which complicates things more.

Maybe Ill have some anwers tomorrow. Let me know how this compares to your shakes. Do you have neuro lyme, any problems that may be brain tissue connected. Jemsek did tell me to begin with, that ketes love brain tissue.

Marsha

Last edited by Pearlscale; 10-21-2005 at 06:30 AM.

Old 10-20-2005, 07:54 PM   #7
    Pearlscale
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pearlscale HB User

Brennd
    Note, I am cold all the time. Yesterday noticed hands and arms icy. Larry told me they didn't feel same temp as rest of me. Seems like Im alway cold. I think it has something to do with low body tmp and for me now 99 is a fever. Have been documenting tmps for last couple wks. (There is a connection.) Will ask dr tomorrow, its on my list. If I see him, may only see infusion nurse, don't get as many anwers then.

Also, do you feel like you have expanding foam in your head. All the time, for the last yr at least.
    Prayers. Marsha

Last edited by Pearlscale; 10-20-2005 at 07:55 PM.

Old 10-21-2005, 09:30 AM   #8
    gottagetbetter
    Veteran
    (female)

gottagetbetter HB User

Pearlscale & Brendd8 ,

I am finally getting some relief of the cold limbs and warm core. I have been seeing an acupuncturist who is helping the Chi flow through out the body. You might want to look into this for yourself.

~P

Old 10-22-2005, 07:33 PM   #9
    brennd8
    Inactive
    (female)

brennd8 HB User

Hi Marsha,
    I will try to answer you questions. I am cold all the time. Even in the summer when it is like 85-90 degrees I have long sleeves and a sweater on and pj pants. I cannot stand that winter is coming, but my husband, Dan is putting in A fireplace for me this week and I can hardly wait. I don't take my temps because most days i hardly make it out of bed. On a good day i will get out and go to eat at a restaurant with my family, but that wears me right out.
    My seizures started first with severe muscle spasms all over my entire body lasting 1-2 hrs. These spasms woyld then lead into convulsions. my family would rush me to the ER and they would do EEG's that would show that I did not have epilepsy and so the "DR's" and the "NURSES" int he hospital would tell my family that I was faking my "episodes" and taking street drugs to get attention!! First of all I have never smoked, drank, or taken drugs my entire life. Second, all they had to do was do one of their little blood tests to tell if I had any drugs in my system!
    These have lasted for 2 yrs and they happen sometimes 2x a day, they can happen every day,, they can happen every couple a days. there is no pattern with these seizures. Kinda like lymes disease.
    It is very frustrating.
    It is very painful. When it is just the muscle spasms I can remeber and feel the pain right at that moment. when it is the convulsions I fall alseep afterwards for a couple of hrs and wake up and dont remember any of it but I am in pain.
    I dont know if this helps at all.

Old 10-23-2005, 07:12 PM   #10
    Pearlscale
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pearlscale HB User

Thanks Brendd8
    To tired and to much brain fog. I think yours is different that what mine is. Mine I really believe has to do with the very large lyme cyst on my brain; plus several small ones.

All: I have spent the day at ER with my husband Larry. He has had a small stoke and they feel he is on the verge of a large more serious one. He also has Pneumonia and
    sinusitus. He will be in for several days while they try to find the area causing the stroke. Talk about stress, Im still trying to get over the staff infection in picc line and all the other problems.

I know Im not the only one with major complications, herxs, ins problems, we all are in the together. The strength you all have given me over the last few months has helped me more than any of you know. My prayers to all. Marsha

Old 10-23-2005, 08:25 PM   #11
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear Marsha,

When it rains it pours doesn't it? This is not exactly what you need at this point in your treatment. You finally got some halfway decent news and then this.

I hope both you and Larry can rest a little easier tonite after the day you have had. Does this problem run in his family or do you think it is stress related?

There is really nothing I can say to you to make you feel better except that you are both in my prayers and I am sending good thoughts your way. Hang in there. ((((((Hugs)))))).

Maureen

Old 10-24-2005, 10:17 AM   #12
    moecasey
    (female)

moecasey HB User

Hi all -

Sorry to hear all the suffering you are going thru. My mom use to have body temp of 97.1 all the time and was always cold with shakes. Then would have hot flash and freeze again. I believe that Lyme thrives when the body temp is low. I use to tell my mom to sit in the hot tub as much as she could stand. She hates hot tubs! Hot baths and detoxic baths are great for Herxing and bringing up body temp as is excersise. I was looking for the exact receipe for the detoxic baths but can't find. I know its epsom salt, sea salt and baking soda and you could add some oils to help the drying effect. God Bless you all and may you be feeling better soon.

Old 10-25-2005, 07:13 AM   #13
    Pearlscale
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pearlscale HB User

We're home from hospital. Larry had a TIA (mini stroke) no damage. He was one of the blessed. It could have been so much worse. You all can imagine the stress it has me under. My one thread that im hanging by is getting more frayed by the minute.
    One positive, my head pain has lessoned. I think it was a blessing that they did pull my picc line, I could not have looked after it properly the last few days. Oh well, we'll start again one of these days. Prayers Marsha

Old 10-28-2005, 05:33 AM   #14
    ncgirl88
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ncgirl88 HB User

Hi Pearl,

I am sorry you have been feeling so badly and then Larry's TIA - good grief! Take care and take it easy...

Just wanted to chime in - I have experienced the shakes before treatment and during treatment. I do think it was part of my herx.

I would get the shakes while experiencing merciless migraines that would affect my vision, I would go numb in my mouth, hands and face, and I would get hit with diarreah and vomiting at the same time....kind of like a freight train. Then I would shake and get extremely cold...

I think it is part of the life cycle of the bugs and also herxing....since I did experience this before ever getting antibiotics....but I think when I am on them it makes the whole situation even worse.

My body temperature was also a consistent 98.6 before getting sick - now it is rare that it ever reaches over 97.8 - I have had my thyroid checked numerous times this point and it checks out fine at this point...I suspect the hypothalmus is being affected big time....but don't think there is a test for that....

I hope things turn around for the better soon!

Old 10-28-2005, 07:46 AM   #15
    Pearlscale
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pearlscale HB User

NCGirl
    Thanks, your description of your symptoms is almost identical to mine. I too believe it was a major herx. Since I went off all meds, I am seeing some slight improvement. But Id rather be killing some ketes.

Im hoping next week they will put my picc line back in so I can get back into treatment. I go today for blood testing.

Larry is doing alot better. No lasting problems. He was one of the blessed. It could have just as easily been a major stroke instead of a mild one.

Prayers Marsha

Closed Thread