It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Neck, back, arm pain--anyone experienced it?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-13-2005, 03:03 AM   #16
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User
    Re: Neck, back, arm pain--anyone experienced it?

Oh goodness Maureen,

What you have been going through! I wish I lived near you to give you a hug.

I feel so bad that you fell down, now I completely understand when you used to talk about your fear of falling, I didn't realize how damaging these falls can be.

You are correct about the ribs, lucky you saved that brace. My younger brother had knee problems for years and finally had some type of operation on his knee, but it still bothers him from time to time. He once followed me to a bar where I used to hang out during my drinking years and there was a big brawl where everyone was fighting and he got into it, and someone punched him across a bar table! That's when he hurt his knee.

Anyway, please call Dr. J's office and talk to them as I was shocked at how long I was on the telephone with his nurse and how much information she gave me. She explained in detail about the other products I bought and that I was taking them the wrong way (Microbojen to be specific). She told me that the Microbojen is the most potent of all of his products and I told her I had a bad reaction to it when I first tried it and never took it again.

She explained to me that I had to pull a full dropper into a glass of water and let it sit for 10 minutes and then drink it which is what I have been doing the past couple of days and no bad reactions!

Anyway, they are sweethearts over there and really take time to explain everything about Lyme.

I hope you feel better and that you heal quick! I am always thinking of you.

Warmest,
    Denise

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2005, 11:40 AM   #17
    lymegirl
    Inactive
    (female)

lymegirl HB User

Maureen

Sorry to hear about your fall. I can relate. You're right about the ribs, they can't do any more than you've done. If you knee is still swollen or hurting will you go for an x-ray? Maybe you should. I have a whole drawer full of braces, slings, etc. Last time I had shoulder surgery the Dr was commenting how nice my sling was and where did I get it!! LOL. I have knee problems too and can understand your pain. Sounds like I'm falling apart. LOL. I have to try to have a good sense of humor about all this, but it is not always easy to do.

I hope your knee and ribs start to feel better soon. You sure don't need anything else to deal with. I tried to look at the wrist problem as a sign that maybe I need to slow down (how much slower can I go??) and rest. When I get frustrated, I think of this and it helps. Maybe that would help you too.

Kim

to answer you question re:PT - I just called my neuro (as I've done before) and asked for a rx for PT for legs. I got it in the mail on Sat. no office co-pay YEAH! Check your ins for rules re PT. Usually allow a certain # visits per calender year, but your PT can usually request more after that.

Old 11-13-2005, 02:56 PM   #18
    battling on
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

battling on HB User

HI lynnp

I have constant back ache and right side shoulder blade and neck.
    just as i thought it couldnt get worse last week it was debilitating and i was so desperate to get away from it but there was no position icould find, i was loaded up with ibrufen and paracetomels as it had been building up for 3 days prior. the nurse had me on 14 tabs a day 8 paracetomals and 6 ibrufen.

It didnt shift it atall.

So in desperation i relaised teh pulling and stiffness felt as if teh left and right side of my torso was being pulled forward around my spine.

So i rolled up a towel the length form the bottom of my skull to bottom of my rib cage. i laid with it up my back bone and sank into heaven.

i stayed like it for 10 minutes and managed to get some sleep after.

i dont know if this will help anyone else but i have to share just incase.

Jules

Closed Thread