It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Salt & C Treatment / Heart Problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-29-2005, 12:49 PM   #1
    dealer1111
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dealer1111 HB User
    Salt & C Treatment / Heart Problems

Found out that this so called salt treatment maybe isn't good for the lyme, but maybe not so good for me, at least?

I was taking 12 1-mg tablets of Salt / with 12 1000 mg of salt. Many know if this treatment it is on the net.

Well.... I have to think for a moment, that this is not good for me at least. It seems the salt throws your system out of wack. Was and am having very strong twitches. One an hour ago turned my chair a bit. I was supprized.

Spoke to my doctor, and I got yelled at ... To much salt for my body at least, she says I was basically not doing what was right.

I am so desprate at times I smiled and thought. Man if this did this to my muscles, hope it sent the Lyme into a spin... And whats next....

Oh yeah Next Treatment, waiting for my new book out there just ordered. Going Herbal this time

Oh well another treatment although maybe good / can be deadly...

BECAREFULL of this treatment... WOW!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2005, 01:17 PM   #2
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User
    Re: Salt & C Treatment / Heart Problems

Hi Ekim,

We must be on the same wavelength today as I thought the same thing as I remember when you posted about starting the Salt/Vitamin C treatment.

I wonder if all that salt caused your heart problems? I would be too scared about this treatment for myself, something about it doesn't sound right. I have read about it on the net and my instincts told me to stay away from this one.

Glad you are going herbal, it made a huge difference for me, especially Dr. Jerngian's products and his protocol.

Glad you are hanging in there,
    Denise

Old 11-29-2005, 02:33 PM   #3
    lymegirl
    Inactive
    (female)

lymegirl HB User

We must all be on the same wavelength today! I asked my LLMD today about this protocol. She said do not do it! Not good for the heart.

Ekim I know what you mean about being desperate at times as I go through that too. Told my LLMD today I am so discouraged.......

Tomorrows another day.....

Have a good night everyone!
    Kim

Old 11-29-2005, 03:18 PM   #4
    wackowoman
    Inactive
    (female)

wackowoman HB User

I am glad this post is on here - we are all so vulnerable with this disease, it is good for people to see what is working and what is not!

This will help us know what to stay away from. I know there are people that feel vitamin C can cure anything, but I just wonder if too much of anything can be bad for you....

Thinking of you,
    Jeanne

Old 11-30-2005, 07:15 AM   #5
    swf627
    (male)

swf627 HB User

The problem wouldn't be the Vitamin C, but the salt, as salt is known to raise blood pressure.

Old 11-30-2005, 08:30 AM   #6
    Pearlscale
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pearlscale HB User

I too had been considering the salt/C protocol. Been discussing it with husband. Will discuss with provider next time I go. I think she will say NO. (I want to know why not)
    Thanks for this post............Prayers........Marsha

Last edited by Pearlscale; 11-30-2005 at 08:30 AM.

Old 11-30-2005, 10:27 AM   #7
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Hi guys,

I agree. If anything is the problem it will be the salt. Ronnie used to take salt tablets when he played soccer here in Dallas during the 100 degree weather but that was because he would dehydrate and I think it made him want to drink water. But I guarantee you that none of us are running up and down a soccer field for 90 minutes so we aren't dehydrating.

Dr. C highly recommends getting as much as 15,000mg Vit C into you if you can. I was up to 6,000mg when the herx hit. He says it works like a detox agent so it is definitely good for you. I'm not sure he would approve of the salt though. I'm glad we didn't have it in the house.

I would still love to hear from anybody who tries it though and how they do.

Maureen

Old 11-30-2005, 10:41 AM   #8
    dealer1111
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dealer1111 HB User

The J Clinic, in NC the doctor I spoke with said NO SALT!

It knocks your electrolights off, and cause mucsle twitches, shes right, I'm having them...

It knocks everything out wack, be carefull...

Old 12-03-2005, 06:29 PM   #9
    LUMPY728

LUMPY728 HB User

Hello All, I Have To Say. I To Was Concerned About The Salt.if You Read Up On It Before You Start You Will See It Is Not The Same As Table Salt, In Fact They Recomend You Do Not Take Table Salt Because Of The Concerns You Have Listed. The Difference Is The Salt Tablets Have No Additives Like Table Salt And Therefore Do Not Cause The Symptoms You Are Concerned With. I Have Been On The Salt /c Protocol For 10 Days Now. You Do Not Start Out With The Full Amount You Start Out With 1 Gram And 1000 Mg Of C A Day And Ramp Up. If You Know A Herx When You Get One You Will Definately Know You Have It When You Do The Salt /c Protocol. I Can Say This Much About It. I Haven't Felt This Good In Years. I Am Not Saying I Am Cured Yet But Prior To Beginning I Was Having Some Major Difficulties Such As Heart Racing And Palputations.....almost Gone....major Aches And Creaking In My Neck,back And Hips, They To Are About 80% Better. It May Not Be The Answer, Only Time Will Tell ,but You Know As Well As I Do That These Llmd's Have Not Had The Answers. I Cant Even Get In To See Any Of The Ones Recommended Here On The Boards, And One In Particular Who's Husband Allegedly Died Of Lyme Wont Even Consider Seeing Me Although I Begged (believe Me I Begged) To See Her. My Personal Doc Looks At Me Like I Need Zoloft,so Like Others I Have Turned To Alternative Treatment. I Am Going To Speak To Someone This Week On How To Do The Protocol. Hopefully I Will Find Someone Not Only To Listen But To Give Me Some Answers. But For Now I Can Go Up Not Only One Flight Of Stairs But Two Flights Of Stairs,all From A Few Simple Salt Pills.

Old 12-03-2005, 07:09 PM   #10
    raylp
    Inactive
    (male)

raylp HB User

I think I remember reading in the salt/vit c stories about the heart issues. Although clearly it could be an issue of great concern, I think it was referred to as common if the Lyme had settled in the heart. I think the author had said that heart palpitations were one of those healing events that made people want to stop the system.

Who knows.

Personally it didn't feel right to me, but my wife did it for 2 weeks before we got a rife machine and she had really interesting results. She had little red bumps appear on like the 3rd day. She also heard what she thought were worms trying to escape through her ear drums. This happened a couple of times.

Old 12-04-2005, 03:28 AM   #11
    LUMPY728

LUMPY728 HB User

hey raylp,
    i never tried a rife machine, did your wife have long term success using it? as far as salt/c goes i haven't experienced feeling like it is crawling out of me but you do have itchy skin at times,it is supposedly a die off of the criters associated with lyme. and i can say for sure the heart palutations for me, have all but completely disappeared since i started the salt/c protocol.

Old 12-04-2005, 05:27 AM   #12
    dealer1111
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dealer1111 HB User

A follow up:

I have been off the salt for a week.

There is something to this treatment, (I believe?)

I will continue it down the road, and take it even easier then I did. I really didn't do the full dose.

Although I have been off the salt for a week, I still have much in my system. I can taste it on my lips.

Old 12-04-2005, 05:57 AM   #13
    LUMPY728

LUMPY728 HB User

Ekim. Are You Using The Proper Salt. I Hope You Are Not Using Regular Table Salt. You Need To Use Cmc Brand 1 Gram Tablets. You Get Them Over The Counter At Your Pharmacy. Also, You Are Not Supposed To Use 12 Grams At First. You Are Supposed To Start With One Or Two Grams A Day And Work Up. I Am On Day 11 Or So And Only Take About 5 Grams. I Have Had No Side Efects That I Can Tell Of.

Old 12-04-2005, 06:18 AM   #14
    ncgirl88
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ncgirl88 HB User

Hi Ekim -

I am glad you are starting to feel better since the salt/vit C experience...Yikes!

So the book your ordering sounds like the one I got from Stephen Buhner something...

I have it but have not gotten brave enough to try it. I want to though and probably will now that I am out of school and don't have to keep a regular schedule.

I am sorry to hear that you had to experience all that stuff. It is just so hard to know...I know the salt could create electrolyte balance but when I herx on abx I get major twitches and heart palps...Makes it all so confusing.

Take care of yourself - I love your experimental spirit and refusal to give up hope...Makes me smile

Old 12-04-2005, 09:43 AM   #15
    raylp
    Inactive
    (male)

raylp HB User

We put Celtic salt into 00 sized capsules. That is another way to do it.

As far as the rife method, we just started, so I don't have any real data yet. My wife reports sensations related to treatment more than I do- and she has felt all kinds of things during and after treatments such as tingling in certain areas of the body. I just tend to get tired and want to go take a nap.

The wierd thing about treatments is that when symptoms go away it can be somewhat hard to recognize compared to when a symptom arrives.

Closed Thread