It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Is there an Ammonia blood test?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-05-2006, 08:27 PM   #1
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
    Is there an Ammonia blood test?

I've been reading the posts about ammonia levels. I'm going to see LLMD on Monday and I want to know what blood test to ask for.

If there's a blood test for ammonia, I suppose it only reportds the level of ammonia in the bloodstream. How do you test to see if you have ammonia in other parts of the body, such as the brain?

Peace and health to all,
    Mickie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2006, 03:41 PM   #2
    earle
    (female)

earle HB User
    Re: Is there an Ammonia blood test?

all i know is that mine shows up in my liver levels. something in the blood work test.

Old 01-09-2006, 12:45 PM   #3
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Just wanted to post an update.

I asked my LLMD about testing for blood ammonia levels. She said that the test is performed at a hospital and is a bit involved.

She also said that, although its a good test, it may not help in my case because it will reveal something that is already known. As long as I continue to detox as much as possible, the ammonia will eventually level off.

Old 01-09-2006, 02:16 PM   #4
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi 6Blues,

I posted this a while back to Earle, maybe this would help:

"I remembered that Dr. J. said that most doctors can do an ammonia test for the whole body as ammonia is present wherever the lyme spirochetes are, primarily the liver, heart, teeth, and cranium.

To perform a "direct resonance test" the doctor will need a vial of pure ammonia. A muscle strength challenge should be performed to identify a strong muscle. Once a good strong muscle has been identified, hold the vial of ammonia over various areas of the brain, testing to see if the previously strong muscle goes weak when the ammonia is held over any area.

Due to the temporary neuromuscular interference caused by the ammonia in the vial with the ammonia present in the brain, the strong muscle will go weak.

The best effective treatment can be identified by adding the corrective substance such as Pale Spike Lobelia and/or the NeuroAntitox Formulas. Dr. J. also mentions Wobenzym-N as a strong enzyme supplement."

I hope this helps,
    Denise

Old 01-10-2006, 09:48 AM   #5
    wackowoman
    Inactive
    (female)

wackowoman HB User

I was so hoping that Denise would post because I remembered she had posted excellent detailed instructions on this.

Dr. J tested me with his equipment for the heart, brain and liver. Liver is the fastest organ that can rebuild itself. But the ammonia in my brain did it's share of damage, and I am guessing from your other posts about your nerve problems that you have ammonia in your brain (or the damage it has left behind). The pale spike and silphtrin are the best things out there for breaking down the ammonia so that is can go away. It leaves one feeling swimmy, like their head is packed with cotton, and very disoriented.

Anyone that does muscle testing could do the test Denise was talking about.

I hope you can find someone to help you out! I know you are not feeling well and my heart goes out to you.

Jeanne

Old 01-10-2006, 10:00 AM   #6
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Thanks all!

I had some big ticket items lately (big pharmacy $$$ for last Rx, health ins, car insurance, mortgage, xmas bills) but a few paychecks from now I'd like to order the pale spike and the silphtrin.

It can't hurt!

Old 01-10-2006, 10:14 AM   #7
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi 6Blues,

The Pale Spike and Silphitrin is really helping me, my mind is more clear and I have more energy, plus it can be taken with conventional antibiotics.

I wonder if you would be eligible for the Prescription Assistance Program. I am eligible and own a house. Many pharm. companies help with your medications so you either don't pay anything or very little at all.

I remember when Ticker first talked about this program and said it really does work, when I called up I was surprised at how easy it was. In my case it is for non-lyme medication.

Hope that helps,
    Denise

Old 01-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #8
    wackowoman
    Inactive
    (female)

wackowoman HB User

Another good investment would be Dr. J's book on "beating Lyme'. It really gives you an idea of what you are up against.

If you can't afford it, I have a way that might work for you to get it. Let me know!

Jeanne

Old 01-10-2006, 06:27 PM   #9
    Lymer
    (male)

Lymer HB User

Since the symptoms that bother me the most are the brain fog, inability to concentrate, and my mental fatigue, I'm quite interested in the Pale Spike and Silphitrin and were mentioned above. Could somebody please point me to the right direction as to where and how to order these supplements?

Thank you so much for the wonderful information. I hope these supplements would be able to help me feel better.

Take care.

Closed Thread