It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Question about testing with Igenex

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-16-2006, 05:40 PM   #1
    Smyle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Smyle HB User
    Question about testing with Igenex

Hello All:

You have all been so helpful with my questions so far- now I have another one. I requested that my GP send my blood in again for retesting with Quest and He specifically asked that they do a western blot. Last time they only did lyme EIA and it was negative in which case they follow the cdc guidlelines and will not do the western blot. I also asked to be tested for babesia, erlichiosis and bartonella. Well, they didn't do the western blot again! They just did another EIA and the co-infections were negative.

I have the test kits for Igenex-both the blood kit and the urine, but when I called them to ask about sending them in they said that I have to be off antibiotics for at least a week and that it is best to follow the abx protocol on the urine tests. Does anyone know anything about this?

I took one month of Doxy starting 11/21/05 and then one month of Ceftin (I have four days left of that) I am so confused, frustrated, scared. I have almost every symptom of lyme. I think the only ones I don't have are the male issues, which is good since I am a woman, and the fevers! My biggest concern are the neurologic symptoms which have been causing most of my problems. If anyone can inform me if they know of the Igenex protocol or best time to send in the kits I would appreciate it.

Also-does anyone know of and LLMD in Minnesota?

Frango

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2006, 06:16 PM   #2
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
    Re: Question about testing with Igenex

Frango:

Deep breath ... and ... relax. Lyme is curable. You will feel better someday. This will pass!

Its good that you are learning. Knowlege is power. It is good that you have a doctor willing to help you get tested.

So the lab folks are a bunch of nitwits. Can't change that.

I sent my blood to Igenex after being on antibiotics for 3 months straight. It made no difference in my results. That was just for my blood personally; you may want to talk to your doctor about staying on antibiotics and getting tested -versus- stopping the medicine and getting tested.

Either way - you will be OK.

I had a time once when I was off antibiotics for 2 weeks. I did not like that idea and I freaked - Holy moly - How can I be off my medicine? I felt so lost without my pills. They were like my little friends! My LLMD said there was no need to worry. She was right. I felt no better / worse after taking that little break.

You are making the effort to find yourself a diagnosis and that's one of the most frustrating things a person can do! Be gentle with yourself. Perhaps a detox bath (or a plain regular bubble bath) tonight will help set your mind at ease.

Peace and health to you,
    Mickie

Old 01-16-2006, 09:45 PM   #3
    Roman77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Roman77 HB User

Frango...are you in MN? I have been staying at my parents in MN while I'm trying to recover. There aren't a ton of great docshere. But I have a local doc that has been willing to work in tandum with my llmd Dr Crist who's in Springfield MI. DOn't know if you'd be interested in seeing him, the doc here in MN. But I can pass you the name if you're interested. He's a great guy, but not an llmd. But definitely willing to try avenues and keep an open mind. And if you happen to stumble on a llmd in MN please post it for me and others on the docotor thread. I know there a few who have been on the site here and there looking for the midwest and there's really not any options which is so sad. Anyway I ramble on. let me know if you'd like the name.

Shanna
    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Old 01-17-2006, 03:28 AM   #4
    battling on
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

battling on HB User

HI Frango

Im using Igenex after having pointless tests off pointless labs here in the UK.

There is a great sense of relief once you know its been delivered, they have a great following and good results.

Delivery wise, its always best to get ot there the front side of the week, Mon , Tues,

Mine was a bit awkward and it got there Thursday but they were brilliant they knew i had trouble with posting and even emailed me to say it hadd arrived.

My cheque was written out wrong and they still continued to test untill i could get back to them with payment.

They are very user consiouse, and helpfull.

I hope you get to this doc in MN.
    PLease dont get to fustrated your bonus is you are with in posting distance for the lab and that was the hardiest part i had.

Try a peppermint tea, Honestly they work wonders

Jules xx in rainy old england

Old 01-17-2006, 06:57 AM   #5
    Smyle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Smyle HB User

Hello all:

Thanks for all you posts. It really helps to know that I am not in this alone.

6blues: Thanks for your calming words. I am going in to my Dr. today to do the blood draw for Igenex even though I have been on antibiotics.

Romans12:12: I would love the name of anyone who is open to this. My family doc has been also, but It is always nice to have other opinions. I have an appointment January 30th with and I.D. Dr. whose name I got from the Lyme Association so he is supposed to be lyme literate. I will let you know how it turns out. Also, I am in the cities are you or are you outstate?

Battling on: Blimey, you crack me up! I have been reading a lot of the postings and even though you are not feeling well you have kept your sense of humor. I lived in England for 6 months in Surrey and in Kingston upon Thames. I loved it there-Hey maybe that's were I got Lyme? Thank you for your words of encouragement and I am praying for better health for us all...

Frango

Old 01-17-2006, 07:36 AM   #6
    Roman77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Roman77 HB User

Hi Frango. Glad to hear that you found a doc that s supposed to know whats what about lyme. Hard to come by in midwst. if he turns out to know whats the deal you should definitely post his name in the great docs thread b/c i think theres been a lot of people asking for midwest docs. i know i would be interested too.

anywy the doc my llmd works with is Dr Peter Schill. He is located down in Hastings at the Allina medical Clinic. Really a great guy, very caring and sympathetic. willing to research andlook at other approaches. But still not anywhere being a llmd just a general fam doc. but he literally saved my life working with my llmd. otherwise i don't know how iwould havegot my treatments up here in mn. so like i said hes a great guy.

And yeah im sill in mn. too sick and weak to be on my own. have been back at the parents place since june when things startd going down hill fast. have down 3 rounds of iv since and am making some progress finally. hopeill be going back to madison wi soon. fingers croossed. anyway i sure hope this will help you out if you need it and good luck on the 30th with your appt. keep us posted.

shanna
    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Old 01-17-2006, 12:18 PM   #7
    battling on
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

battling on HB User

HI frango
    pleased you have a giggle, i have a bit of madness due to the situation im sure, in the end some times im sure i laugh it off as im so tiered crying, i get the blue days and when they are blue they arre soooo BBBBlue!! so im up or down no inbetweens.

I think some times we all like horses on a big magic roundabout one goes up so one goes down.

Jules xxxx

Closed Thread