It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• I Can Sing

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2006, 07:30 AM   #1
    Pearlscale
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pearlscale HB User
    I Can Sing

Back in the early summer I had a really rough time. I think it was Babesia rearing its ugly head. Lasted for several weeks. When all was said and done, my voice was gone. It slowly came back. But my singing voice did not, my voice would crack and I could not get up to the soprano. I sing in the choir and with all the problems I was having with lyme and losing my voice, I had to stop choir.

Well I started treating Babesia 2 wks ago. Today one of the songs that I sing solo was on the radio. Karen Peck and New River. I started singing to it and I COULD. My voice is not back 100% but it is close. I was crying. I am not up to rejoining the choir yet, but I will. (for a while I wasn't sure)

I AM GOING TO BEAT THIS. I am herxing, but I am also beating this. I will win this battle.

The kids gave Larry and me tickets to the Ringling Brothers Circus (with them) for Christmas. Well it is next Thursday. Please pray that I will be able to go.

Prayers...........Marsha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2006, 07:45 AM   #2
    Roman77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Roman77 HB User
    Re: I Can Sing

marsha!!!! yay!!! i am sooooooo happy for you and your wonderful news! there is nothing better than seeing some sort of actual measurable improvement, and your singing voice is definitely taht!! i am just so estactic. can't imagine how happy you must be!! i pray that you keep seeing these things more and more often and that they keep giving you a renewed sense of hope.

the circus sounds like a fun get away i sure will keep you in my prayers that you'll be able to go and have a nice time with your family. you definitely need a little brak.

shanna
    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Old 02-02-2006, 07:57 AM   #3
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

I am so happy for you! Sing you heart out!

Old 02-02-2006, 08:18 AM   #4
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear Marsha,

So glad that you even tried to sing and got such great results. I can tell my voice has gotten much deeper and don't even recognize it on the phone recordings. I think my hormone problem is estrogen not testosterone. I love to dance and the other day I was standing in the kitchen with the walker and bouncing up and down like I could dance again. Kind of sad but also kind of nice that I even thought to do this.

The circus sounds great and I hope you have a great time. I sometimes feel like I live in a circus so it must be nice to go see a famous one. Have fun. No cotton candy! Pure sugar.

Maureen

Old 02-02-2006, 02:36 PM   #5
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi Marsha,

That's such wonderful news! I hear Babesiosis is the worst of all the coinfections and I am so proud of your strong spirit.

I remember when I got the use of my legs back, I also cried with joy! Yes, this disease can be beaten and I know you will be singing all the time!

I pray that you will go to the Circus, blow one of those horns and twirl one of those twirlies for me okay?

Prayers to you my friend,
    Denise

Old 02-02-2006, 07:29 PM   #6
    lymegirl
    Inactive
    (female)

lymegirl HB User

Marsha

Your post tugged at my heart. I am so happy for you! How encouraging for you and all of us. Thanks for sharing.

You also reminded me how I have not been to church since I started feeling bad and having problems walking (Last June) and how much I miss going and how I love to hear the choir. My kids were in choir for several years (when they were really little) and when they sang I got tears in my eyes. They were so cute wearing their choir robes and I loved when my daughter was in the bell ringing choir. I wish I could get them to go back to it. The high school bell choir goes somewhere on tour every summer. Last year they went to Norway. My seven year old son says no way he's wearing a dress(choir robe)again. I taught Sunday school for many years but not this year. Another part of my life I've had to give up. I bet it makes you happy to know that reclaiming that part of your life is now a reality.

You're going to get there Marsha. Spring is coming!

Kim

Old 02-03-2006, 03:48 AM   #7
    battling on
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

battling on HB User

HI PS
    that is so COOL singing is so rewarding you have cheered me up today.
    I hope the circus will be good also, im nit going to say I hope you go as i know you will :-)

I was amazed as i loved music it was my life but i literally forgot about it, not i stopped liking it i just forgot and its 1 year, this month.

My lads just put a radio in the car also, but i keep forgetting its there.

Last week there was a radio on and i loved it but see i for got it again.

Im off to press that ON button.

PS you are an inspiration.

XX jules XX

Old 02-03-2006, 02:12 PM   #8
    wackowoman
    Inactive
    (female)

wackowoman HB User

Marsha,

Pure joy to have your voice back. And it sounds like a little bit of sleep too? I'm so glad, it has been so long for you...

Next Thursday I have my appt. with the new brain Dr. I will be thinking of you at the circus (and please think good thoughts for me at the Dr.)

Rejoicing for you,
    Jeanne

Old 02-03-2006, 02:42 PM   #9
    Smyle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Smyle HB User

Marsha:

Congratulations on being able to sing again. My mom recently had neck surgery and that is one of the things that she is upset about is that she can not sing.

I hope you can make it to the Circus also. Hope you are feeling well soon.

Frango

Closed Thread