It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• My Answer for Lyme and Many Other Undiagnosed Illnesses

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-28-2006, 01:05 PM   #1
    itsmylife
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

itsmylife HB User
    My Answer for Lyme and Many Other Undiagnosed Illnesses

I think the most difficult part of living with Lyme was not coping with the symptoms, but the lack of understanding the symptoms.

If there is one thing that I can say I've done in my life, its never ever give up when I've set my mind on something. I've looked like a moron thousands of times. I've fumbled and turned from a guy that had an athletic physique in to one of a balloon. But during that time I would not give up. It forced me to study nutrition for ten years in search of the answer . It forced me to reach into my mind and body to search for how I felt as a result of certain types of excercise and foods, sleep, drinking. All my lifestyle habits were studied and contemplated. Some days were horrible as a result of my experimenting. Some days were better. Some days I would drink a protein shake and it felt as though the life was pulled out of me and I was ready to pass out from exhaustion . My body was weak. Even if I drank a diet soda my sinuses would clog completely and I would be dizzy. I was depressed beyond belief but excercise was the only short term fix.

So my journey would start after realizing there really was something very wrong with me and antibiotics were not going to be my answer . I was stuck with this horrible condition, but it was not like a cold that I just woke up with one morning. It developed over such a long period of time, I forgot what it felt like to be normal. I really had no point of reference. My personality changed so much. I know I used to like people, but now here I was avoiding everyone at all costs . Speaking to adults was exhausting. I could not absorb and respond in the appropriate amount of time. I was irritable to the point it was impossible for me to enjoy anything in life. I never had a moment of piece and it even came to haunt me in my sleep with years of insomnia and the nightmares which were to come in my worst days. I was alone in the woods but instead of giving up, I decided I would start with something that made my symptoms feel "better" and continue along the path until I put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Every day I felt I woke with a hang over. Throughout that day I felt like someone gave me a sleeping pill and I was fighting it off. In the evenings I felt the fogginess subside to a degree. I also noticed if I forced myself to exercise, I could simulate a "clearer" less foggy feeling. Even though I felt tired and weak, I would try for this clear feeling. I noticed if I excercised a little, I would get a little strength- Once my heart started beating faster, I felt like I had a little something in my muscles to use.

One of my friends introduce Ephedrine to me. This is a stimulant which increases increases the pace at which the cardiovascular system runs. This speeds up the bodys compression ratio and burns calories much more powerfully. This is why it is used as a weigh loss supplement. I also noticed when I took it, my dry painful sinus congestion dissapeared.

At the time I did not know, but what I was doing was artificially forcing an atrophied immune system to work normally. I had heard the term "immune system" but I did not realize nor do most doctors realize one of the most important roles of the immune system - or even what it is responsible for. The immune system is an internal energy. It is like a giant battery that powers all the cells to break food down and send it where it needs to go. It provides power, magnitism and a platform of communication for all healthy cells. Lyme bacteria burrow into this battery and slowly deplete it. As they deplete the energy in that battery, they form a hive. As the hive of bacteria grows, your metabolism, the way in which your body breaks down food and makes its hormones is compromised. - As a result of the improper digestion of food, which results in homone deficiency, the host is left with a very hopeless, lost and depressed feeling. The host does not have the motivation to fight. They just feel like giving up. They push the ones they love away. The isolate themselves. There is no coincidence on how truely ingenious the disease really is. The more a person lives, the more exercise they do, the harder the constrictor tightens. Lyme takes advantage of the body's recovery time and inhabits before the body has the opportunity to recover.

I also mentioned earlier how metabolism is slowed down or partially disabled. It could be compared to punching many holes in the bottom of a boat. When the metabolism, the rate and strength of which digestion takes place is slowed, everything must also slow to match that speed. This means your lymphatic system, the system responsible for cleaning your tissues, comes to a stop. It overflows and the toxic material from the bacteria "matts" itself into the nerves and surrounding tissue. Its very difficult for the body to break that toxic material down. Hydrogen Peroxcide and Baking soda takin in a bath will penetrate the tissues, get into the blood and will start to disolve this toxic layer of material. A negativlely charged atom will hold odor. If positivley charged, the odor cannot remain attached. The same principal applies with the charge of the material in Lyme bacteria.

My Plan

Month I

Detox bath daily to open up Lymphatic system

Month 2

One tablet of Andrographis 3 times daily. Continued with daily detox baths after the third dose in the evening.
    Detox baths are used to counter the dead bacteria as they leave the tissue and head to the blood stream. As I took the Andrographis, I clearly felt the herx as my immune system began to slowly build. Its important to keep up with the dead bacteria with the baths so that it does not re-accumulate in another part of the body.

I continued to build the doseage of Andrographis from 1 400mg tablet a day to 4 tablets, four times a day. This was a six month process and if I missed one detox bath day, I was in a state where I could not function mentally.

Over the last four weeks, the herx from the Andrographis was under control and I was was feeling very good. My last symptom, fatigue.
    I began a regimen of Eleuthero (Siberian Ginseng) four weeks ago, which I continue to herx from and every day I continue to see an increase in my muscle strength.
    The regimine calls from 60 drops three times a day. At my present state I can only take 25 drops per day. Anything more, I will develope a headache and a dry mouth. I have gradually been able to move up from just a couple of drops to 25 this past month, so I am seeing progresss.

You can add concentrated vegtable capsules from Oleda.com to help with depleted energy levels along the way. You will herx from this also as this will boost your energy, resulting in less space in your immune system for the bacteria to survive. Any time your reduce the bacteria's living space in the immune system, you will herx
    Towards the end, you should feel like your are overflowing a bowl of serial with milk and the last couple of corn flakes spill out..

Antibiotics may make life a little more difficult for bacteria, but they do not build your battery power back up and might leave people completely open to reinfection.
    In everything I read over the last 12 years, all energy starts out from the sun, it is then captured by the plants, which is then eaten and used as energy. But what is the energy that sends food to where it needs to go? What powers it along....its not just digestive organs and some blood. Its power and energy. And if an organism wants to drop the human race to its knees, that is right where to hit us.

I would estimate my complete recovery time taking 16 months.
    I'll get back to you all with the authors doctors who reccomended Andrographis has been truly amazing. I give many thanks to Laurie, who reccomended the detox baths which I read so much about in the months that would follow.

Just too difficult to type up in an hour.

Last edited by itsmylife; 02-28-2006 at 01:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2006, 01:30 PM   #2
    Sonflower1116
    (female)

Sonflower1116 HB User
    Re: My Answer for Lyme and Many Other Undiagnosed Illnesses

Thank you for taking the time to post your journey with Lyme disease. I've heard much about it but have never studied its' effects on the human body. My heart goes out to you as you strive to find the answers to rebuild your immune system.

I don't know if you're able to do much exercise yet, but an excellent form of exercise for the lymphatic system is rebounding on a small indoor mini-trampoline. You don't have to jump vigorously up and down, just starting with heel/toe lifts will be of benefit. Perhaps you can do an online search for the benefits of rebounding.

Also, there is therapudic lymph massage available. You will have to ask around for someone who specializes in this form of body massage. I, personally, have had one and it felt so relaxing. It is specially designed to get the lymph glands functioning and flowing.

And finally, PHASE 1, of The Fat Flush Plan (Ann Louise Gittleman) is a two-week regimen specifically designed for detoxing the liver, if you would like some additional information on detoxing the body.

I pray you have much success on your journey to recovering your health. Am looking forward to reading some positive results of your quest.

Last edited by Sonflower1116; 02-28-2006 at 01:33 PM.

Old 02-28-2006, 03:11 PM   #3
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi Takemylife,

Thanks for your post, everything you wrote makes so much sense, especially the detox baths which I have started besides using Dr. Jernigan's protocol.

Sonflower, thanks for your input, it is very helpful! I am exercising which helps so much.

I was curious about how the bacteria affects our bodies so I went back to the beginning of Dr. J's book and started reading from the beginning this time instead of jumping around.

What I found most interesting is:

~ Lyme bacteria, Bb (borrelia burgdorferi) are pleomorphic organisms (pleomorphic means that the bacteria constantly changes it shape and form).

~ Research suggests that these bacterias can exist as a cell-walled bacterium or cell-wall deficient bacterium depending on the life cycle. Each stage of the cycle is "stealthy" meaning the bacterias are invisible to the immune system.

~ Antibiotics disrupt the mechanisms in the cell wall of the Bb to kill the bacteria and it is suspected that the long-term antibiotic attack on the cell walls can cause the spirochete to revert back into a cell-wall deficient form to survive.

~ The Bb can revert back and forth between the classic spiral shape and the cell wall deficient shapes, and to complicate it more, Bb can exist at the same time as both forms, same as the Syphilis bacteria.

~ The ability to change shapes is thought to be the reason why lyme bacteria are able to survive in the body even after long term antibiotics.

~ The lyme bacteria flip-flops between several shapes to escape antibiotics (the exception is when a person just gets newly infected and receives antibiotic treatments).

~ Most antibiotics only attack the cell-walled spirochetes which explains why many people under antibiotic therapy feel an improvement only to relapse after discontinuing the antibiotics.

Lyme disease is a systemic infection affecting our bodies on every level, as every organ and tissue is totally reliant on each other, thus creating a chain-reaction of other organs and glands that become dysfunctional as more time goes by.

So basically, the whole body must be treated as a whole, not just the bacteria.

I just wanted to add this to your post as I think understanding what is going on inside the body is just as helpful as the treatments themselves.

Denise

Old 02-28-2006, 03:33 PM   #4
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi Sonflower,

I just wanted to add that after reading about the Fat Flush Plan by Ann Louise Gittleman, I am very impressed.

After having Lyme for 10 years I gained weight which is not so easy to lose, so I am going to buy this book as it has lots of information in it.

Thanks again!
    Denise

Old 02-28-2006, 04:49 PM   #5
    Sonflower1116
    (female)

Sonflower1116 HB User

You're welcome, Denise. I hope Fat Flush helps you to lose some weight too. I was equally impressed by it's protocol for detoxing the liver as well as the weightloss benefits. She actually started her practice focusing on detoxing the liver and so many of her clients lost weight that she expanded it to include the phase 2 weight loss and phase 3 lifestyle maintenance.

Blessings, Barbara

Old 03-01-2006, 02:14 PM   #6
    wackowoman
    Inactive
    (female)

wackowoman HB User

Take my life,

thanks for taking the time to share. Lots of good info on this thread.

Jeanne

Old 03-03-2006, 08:46 PM   #7
    itsmylife
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

itsmylife HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wackowoman
    Take my life,

thanks for taking the time to share. Lots of good info on this thread.

Jeanne
    Unfortunately, it wasnt the hit I thought it would be. I should have taken more time, but I felt like I wanted the world to know. It is an evil presence, Lyme. And when you are ready to battle it, you really are facing hell itself. But there is a beautiful sunrise waiting at the end. Its just a matter of having the strength to make the sacrifice of not only suffering the disease, but attacking it full on. And when you attack it with the supplements mentioned, it will fight back with a vengence. On a postive side, it can be beat. But its just not possible to have an infrastructure built inside you body and for it to disolve and be expelled without reprocussions.
    Herxes should be expected and dealt with appropriately- one day at a time.

Last edited by itsmylife; 03-03-2006 at 08:48 PM.

Old 03-05-2006, 04:30 PM   #8
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi Takemylife,

Your post was a big "hit" to me because you see the whole picture just as I try to do. I also ordered the concentrated vegetable capsules as you recommended.

I think the reason your post was not a big hit with others is because most people believe that antibiotics are the "only" answer to cure this disease.

After all my researching, antibiotics are not the way to go. It just doesn't make sense to me to poison one's body with more poisons.

I totally agree that the Immune System has to be built up and that the Detox Baths are so important, not to mention everything else you wrote about.

Even though we are both using different regimens, they are quite similar in so many ways.

Thanks again for your post as I go back many times to read it.

Hope all is well with you at home as I'm always thinking about you and praying that positive things are happening.

Denise

Last edited by deejavu; 03-05-2006 at 04:32 PM.

Old 03-05-2006, 05:27 PM   #9
    itsmylife
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

itsmylife HB User

Great. Let me know what you think of the veg caps. I can't live without them.

Old 03-06-2006, 07:51 AM   #10
    janetclarkson
    (female)

janetclarkson HB User

Being very new to this site, do you mind if I ask what is probably a very stupid question?

Detox baths? I understand from what you and others have written that the purpose is to help detoxify the body, but what exactly is involved? This must be one of the few forms of treatment that hasn't been suggested to me.

I would be grateful for any information.

I do admire the way that you have taken control and fought for your life back.

Janet

Old 03-06-2006, 08:09 AM   #11
    battling on
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

battling on HB User

Hello TML, misses wow, DJ and JC

hope you are all doing good.

along the lines of this

The magnesium ( epsom salts) opens your pores, the hydroperoxide as a cleaning agent for the pores sweeps the path for the bicarb for oxygen, Salt for irritant goes in and its closer to your viens and now under the skin, so gets the blighters hiding in the outskirts, fat cells, hair folicels.

sure theres more info with peeps here.

Jules xx

Last edited by battling on; 03-06-2006 at 08:11 AM.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:16 AM   #12
    jillybean81
    (female)

jillybean81 HB User
    Thumbs up Re: My Answer for Lyme and Many Other Undiagnosed Illnesses

Hi, I am new to the site, but I am wondering about these baths you reference.

How much hydogen peroxide and baking soda?

Also, doesn't hydrogen peroxide bleach your hair, or is that just plain peroxide?

Sorry if the questions are stupid, but I really want to try it and want to do it right!
    Thanks!
    Jill

Old 03-06-2006, 10:08 AM   #13
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi all,

Yes, the detox baths are really important.

Jilly, no questions are stupid. It's straight peroxide that can bleach your hair, not the hydrogen peroxide.

I use:

4 cups Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate)

32 to 64 fluid Ounces of Hydrogen Peroxide (3%, as found in grocery stores)

I first run warm water (not hot), then add the 2 ingredients and soak for 20 minutes or more.

Before I do the above, I do "dry skin brushing" because that removes the dead skin so the Epsom Salt and the HP works better and stimulates the blood and lymph fluids.

Hope that helps!
    Denise

Last edited by deejavu; 03-06-2006 at 10:09 AM.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:09 PM   #14
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear jillybean,

You need to talk to laurie about this. I know she referred you here and she is the "queen" of the detox baths.

Maureen

Old 03-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #15
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear takemylife,

Please don't feel as though you aren't helping people when you post your info. Nine times out of ten I end up printing it for a doctor. I think a lot of us on here are on meds that are kicking our butts though and we don't respond just digest the info. When I saw Dr. Crist 2 weeks ago I told him about the Healing Lyme book by Stephen Buhner because he would like to know more about herbs he told me. He wrote down the title and author and I knew he wasn't just appeasing me because he put it in his wallet and said he likes any reason to go to Barnes & Noble. I will give him a few weeks to digest the info and then send your views on the andrographis and who knows I may end up being his first patient to be prescribed it. Thanks again for your always informative threads.

Maureen

Closed Thread