It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Infectious muscle pain anyone?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-04-2006, 02:41 PM   #1
    Poisoned muscles
    (female)

Poisoned muscles HB User
    Infectious muscle pain anyone?

Hi,
    So Im wandering if anyone experiences the kind of deep pocket infectious like muscle pain that I experience. Ive been getting really bad flares every 2 and 4 weeks. I cant straighten my arms or lift them completely over my head, or press on my triceps. This also happens to both butt muscles or quadriceps/ hamstrings. Sometimes i experience the same pain along my tendons in certain areas. Its unbearable. When im not flaring my arms ache or burn. Occasionally I have a good day with little migrating pain. Im on IV and orals for 7 1/2 months. Some how I manage to run my hair salon and also do hair 25 hours a week with occasional days off. I push myself everyday. Vicodin does not work or lryica. Does anyone have a suggestion for a muscle pain killer that works, or any other advice for me?
    I feel like theres poison or cancer in my muscles.

Thanks,
    Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2006, 04:45 PM   #2
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User
    Re: Infectious muscle pain anyone?

Dear Jen,

I really admire you and that you can run a salon and do hair too.

I honestly have the arm pain too but they are also extremely weak. I can't even get an elasticized band around my hair because I can't work my fingers to keep changing hands as I wind it around a ponytail. I sometimes wonder what my husband thinks of my hair.

I don't really take anything for it just put up with it. I have to say after the long trip to Dr. Crist's a few weeks ago my butt is killing me too. Almost like sciatic nerve damage.

Maureen

Old 03-04-2006, 05:15 PM   #3
    brid
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

brid HB User

hi jen,sorry to hear that, i have also lots of muscles pain, mostly in legs, is crazy, becausei can be in such a pian in my left leg, then after 4 hours stop and hurts the other one, same with hands, but legs are worst.. dont know if that is an infecction or inflamation, i am taking antiinflamatories since yesterday but still hurts...hope you get better!!! best wishes for you
    brid

Last edited by brid; 03-05-2006 at 07:00 AM.

Old 03-04-2006, 05:35 PM   #4
    battling on
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

battling on HB User

HI JEn
    sorry you are in so much pain, im not sure if what i have is the saem but it feels like nuralga on your limbs and yeap the buttocks ( how painfull..)

i usually sit it through but have taken ibrufen when bad.
    i dont know if this is any help, but drafts can cause mine.
    If im not fully covered while i sleep, i can get pains in the limb thats out.

I have also read about sleeping in pure cotton also cotton sheets, as anything else as you turn through the night it cause electrical charges and these aggrevate the blighters.

Ive noticed when i sleep on my sette im in less pain than in my bed.
    Have concidered the fact im to lazy to put a sheet on the bed so have a very thick cover polyester matteress.
    Where as the settee is cotton covers. Not positive it makes the difference but im buying cotton sheets next week to see if it does improve.

Honey how do you manage to cut hair in such pain, are you taking any pain killers atall.
    There is usually 3 types of over the counter.,
    1 that deals with the pain in the body.
    1 that deals with the part of the brain that reseieves the pain waves.
    and
    1 that say they deal with both.

you could try working through them individually.
    hope you find some respite soon

jules xx

Old 03-05-2006, 06:20 AM   #5
    Smyle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Smyle HB User

Hi Jen:

I am sorry to hear that you're feeling crummy. I didn't have a lot of aches and pains --at first. I was having more the neurologic problems. Now this past 2 weeks I am having muscle pain -all over, legs, arms (triceps), buttocks. I am also starting to have joint pains. Especially my left hip. Yesterday I was really having problems walking. I have been on antibiotics for almost 4 months now and am getting really concerned because while some things are getting better, these are becoming worse.

One thing that I am going to do this week is have my liver function tested. Antibiotics can be hard on the liver which can lead to muscle aches. I just keep hoping that this means I am killing off the little buggers, but I don't know...

Frango

Old 03-05-2006, 07:12 AM   #6
    battling on
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

battling on HB User

just an extra tip, look up lymph pain and select images.
    I found a drawing that has shaded areas of pain for women front and back when theres lymph problems and it nails most of these areas.

Last edited by battling on; 03-05-2006 at 07:13 AM.

Old 03-05-2006, 05:26 PM   #7
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi Jen. Sorry to here you're in so much pain. I wanted to say that if this is happening to you evey 2 & 4 weeks, it sounds like a Herx'ing pattern. So, its a good thing that its happening. Every ache and pain are thousands of bacteria in their death throes.

Try to think positive. Easier said than done - I know.

Are you detoxing? Perhaps extra detoxing during those times can help flush those toxins out of your body quicker. Have you mentioned these to your doc?

Peace and health to you.

Closed Thread