It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• essential oils

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-05-2006, 06:12 AM   #1
    sleeperwoken
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sleeperwoken HB User
    essential oils

Have you guys used any essential oils? I remember Laurie said that her son Mark always felt a lot better when she used the oils with him. Lately I have been adding some antibacterial oils to my bath and I think they have been doing a good job. One that works very well is oregano. The aroma is really strong, but it works great.

The oils that I use can't be put directly on the skin because they are a bit caustic when you use them straight, but if you put them in a carrier oil (jojoba, almond, or olive oils) and then transfer them to the bath, they don't irritate.

I like these: tea tree, eucalyptus, oregano, lemon, frankincense, geranium, thyme, clove.

One of my symptoms is the "full ear" feeling and the swollen neck. When I use the oils in the tub, these problems go away completely, but only temporarily. Anyway, this is how I know they are working because of the way it clears those problems up for a while. I put the hydrogen peroxide and the epsom salts in the tub at the same time too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2006, 07:17 AM   #2
    chocolatesprinkle
    (female)

chocolatesprinkle HB User
    Re: essential oils

Hi sleeperwoken

I've only dabbled in these a little bit. But I've heard many good things about their use for Lyme, most recently on another site. I have some essential oils, but mostly use lavender (at night), thieves, peppermint, and the blends Clarity and Valor. I have that ear fullness thing and chronic neck stiffness. Whose oils do you use? Do you put all of these in the bath or combine some, or rotate them? Where do you get the jojoba, almond oils?

Thanks!

CS

Last edited by chocolatesprinkle; 05-05-2006 at 07:50 AM.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:17 AM   #3
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi sleeper.

I tried the essential oils via Raindrop therapy. It didn't work for me at all, except for one interesting thing.

I have no balance at all and I have full ears. I also have a liquidy, drippy feeling in them.

This happened after my first oil session. I woke up the next morning and I noticed little dark brown spots all over my pillowcase. Its as if some gunk had leaked out of my ear. I was very interested to find out what it was. Wax? Toxins?

My ear problems did not get better though, which disappointed me.

I called the woman who gave me the Raindrop therapy so that I could order the oils myself to see if I can get more gunk out of my ears. I haven't heard from her yet.

I am encouraged to hear that you got good results from these oils.

I hear they are expensive. Without breaking the rules, can you tell me how you go the oils and why you chose the particular ones you did?

CS: Good to hear from you again!

Old 05-05-2006, 06:54 PM   #4
    wackowoman
    Inactive
    (female)

wackowoman HB User

Young Living makes many of the oils. They are expensive.

I use Frankensense before I get into the sauna. Dr. Samantha recommended that I do this. I have to tell you I smell good in the sauna!

When I was in Kansas and I would leave Dr. David's and go to a local restaurant they would always ask me if I had been to Dr. Jernigan's clinic (because I was so fragrant!!)
    I know he uses Young living oils in his clinic.

I honestly don't know how they have helped me because everything has played a piece and there was no one thing that stands out as helping me the most.

I thought of doing the rainbow therapy, but didn't end up doing it because of cost. I thing they use Young Living oils in this therapy??

anyway, just wanted to share that oils are a big part of the healing in Dr. J's protocol.
    Wish I could be more helpful.

Jeanne

Old 05-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #5
    lymegirl
    Inactive
    (female)

lymegirl HB User

I have been interested in the essential oils lately too, but do not know much about them. The massage therapist I go to told me they are strong antibacterials. She wrote some down for me that I should use and they were oregano, thyme and clove. I know there was afew others I can't remember. I think she said you take these by mouth. Is that correct? She did also talk about raindrop therapy which I know the oils are applied to the skin.

Mickie what was the raindrop therapy like? Is it like a massage?

Old 05-05-2006, 09:23 PM   #6
    sleeperwoken
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sleeperwoken HB User

I use the endoflex by YLO because Dr. Jernigan mentions it in his book as a help for hair loss. As for the others, I don't drink them, but I have read that you can. Alot of times I put oils on the bottoms of my feet at bedtime. They say that if you put an oil on your foot, you will taste it in your mouth within a matter of minutes. It absorbs into your body that fast.

You should study an oil before you use it, some of them are too harsh to put directly on the skin or directly in the mouth. I would never drink clove oil. I believe that I read it will burn your mouth and throat.

I have about 45 different essential oils and make my own blends. If you have never tried them, you might want to consider it, they are not just an accessory to healing, they are very powerful and effective. I am amazed at the antifungal properties of tea tree oil.

Also, catnip oil has been shown to be 10 times more effective than deet at keeping ticks off you. I read that, but I have yet to try it. I have no idea what catnip smells like. I can only imagine, maybe all the cats in the neighborhood will be on me and following me around!

Old 05-15-2006, 01:36 PM   #7
    CAdreamin
    (female)

CAdreamin HB User

I've a friend who has essential oil (YL brand) parties like tupperware parties. I attended a few and bought lavender oil; I guess I will now think more in terms of an oil-lyme connection rather than, 'gee, this one smells good.' I'd be careful about injesting the stuff though.
    My mom uses Oregano oil for colds and little bugs she catches but she buys it at the local health food store, Oregamax or something.

Is there another brand that can be purchased other than YL when it comes to oils or is this one best?

Closed Thread