HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Lyme Disease (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/lyme-disease/)
-   -   Back from my trip to Disney (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/lyme-disease/389918-back-my-trip-disney.html)

itsmylife 05-08-2006 08:39 PM

Back from my trip to Disney

Hello all. I just returned from a trip to Disney with my wife and two kids. It has been one year and four months since I began my fight against LD. I never thought it would be possible to have the energy to walk all day long out in the hot sun again! I had patients for the kids and was able to laugh and smile and enjoy so much.

My kids kept asking me to come into the pool with them at the hotel. This was very hard for me since I gained so much weight a few years ago and have not been able to exercise until just recently. Plus the fact that my wife told me back in Feb. that the combination of my previous years of body building plus the weight gain during my last "sick' years have turned me into someone that she is not attracted to. And somehow I thought, just because my body is temporarily in this state, and my feelings and pride were crushed, why should my kids have to suffer. So I took my shirt off and jumped in. They had a blast and so did I. It was wonderful.

In prep for the trip, I ended my doses of the Siberian ginseng four weeks before we left to ensure I would have little to no residual herxing while in Florida. It worked out very very well. Today I continued the Ginseng again- double dose and felt the strength in the muscles of my legs, and then that old familiar feeling started, the itching skin and the fuzzy foggy feeling. The feeling of more poison being pushed out of my tissues. Followed up with the detox bath which seemed to reset me back to normal. I really think I may have it licked completely this summer.

Glad the Oleda pills have helped you guys.

sleeperwoken 05-09-2006 05:04 AM

Re: Back from my trip to Disney

Wow! I am so proud of you!!! Good for you for jumping into that pool and enjoying yourself and your kids. We all can't help what lyme has done to our bodies, but we have to live our lives anyway. I hope your wife never gets an illness that changes her body, she will not survive with that attitude. If she lost her hair like I lost mine she might feel differently about these things.

I am so glad you were able to maintain a level of energy and enjoy your time away. Thanks for sharing this news, it's inspiring to me.

battling on 05-09-2006 07:06 AM

TML
What lovely news, its so inspiring for us all.
Kids dont have teh same thoughts we do as partners but i knwo where you are coming from with it.
We have been in the dark to long to worry about others opinions of us on the outside skin.

They should try living on the inside ;)

you have relay made me smile this morning and i woke up a bit flat.

Want to hug you with happiness.

shame we cant do pics, i would love to see you on holiday or any of us as we we recover.

take care
jules xxx

deejavu 05-09-2006 07:40 AM

Hi Takemylife,

Wow, that's just great news! I am so happy for you, more than you can ever guess. I think it's great that you were able to do this trip to Disney and walk around in the hot sun like that, good for you!

It makes me so happy that you spent quality time with your kids, that's so important. They will always remember these fun times as I will always remember the positive times I had with my Dad. Those memories never go away!

You will get your body back in shape, all in time.... When I go out on dates, I don't mind when the guy is overweight, I look at the guy to see if he has a good heart, is intelligent, has compassion, etc. Forget his body! That's only a shell, it's what inside that really counts. ;)

I don't need or want a George Clooney type, lol!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful and inspiring post, and thanks again for the Oleda Vegi-Greens! Love that product!

Denise :)

wackowoman 05-09-2006 01:57 PM

Takemylife,

I love uplifting stories. I know you have been thru the worst and are a living breathing example that Lyme can be beat. Thanks for sharing.

Now I have something to ask of you (PLEASE feel free to say no).

Would you be willing to help us send energy to each other? If you check my post on 'an idea' you will see what I mean. It just seems that you have been thru so much, you could give so much.

If you can't do this it is ok!!

Sooooooo glad you got to have a great vacation - I alway admire people who are heavier and do things anyway. I used to be heavy and I didn't allow myself to particapate in many things. I regret that now. so, good for you!!!

Jeanne

itsmylife 05-10-2006 09:04 PM

Well, I'm not really THAT heavy. Just not the model I used to look like :)

6Blues 05-10-2006 09:49 PM

Hi takemylife.

I can't believe I missed this post; shame on me for missing a success story.

I admire you because you fought this beast and you won. You didn't give up. Even if you're not the studly manly man of old days, you took a vacation to a crowded, fun, excting hot amusement park with two kids in tow. I don't know where you live, but I imagine the trip involved some long distance travel. You are awesome.

I also admire you for having the courage to do the right thing, toss vanity aside and jump in that pool. I bet your kids admire you too. They'll never forget that swim with you.

Sadly, I was in the best shape of my life when I got Lyme. It felt so good to be fit, active, vibrant, tan and wearing a bikini. Not bad for a 40 year old. I could even do a split. I was also dating a great guy at the time.

Then Lyme hit and all excercise came to a halt and I quickly gained 50 lbs. Holy moly!

I don't even recognize myself anymore. Even my face looks different. Did you go through an identity crisis of any kind during or after Lyme?

I saw that same guy a few months ago and I noticed him looking at my body instead of making eye contact. I felt so self conscious.

I know that I will lose the weight someday. I look forward to getting back on the dance floor. But right now, I get down on myself 'cuz I live in sweats and I feel dumpy.

My kids and I love the beach. We go every chance we get. Its our refuge; no e-mail, no TV, no job, etc. We love it and we feel so peaceful afterwards.

We didn't go at all last summer. It depressed all of us. So this year I am determined to go. I'm on Doxy, so I must be careful in the sun. I ordered swim pants and long sleeve swim shirts (we call them raz shirts). I even found UV blocking swim slippers.

I may look silly all covered up but I hope I have the guts like you did!

Thanks tml. Peace and continued health to you.

p.s. The next time you do something, anything, even mundane (mowing, cooking, scrubbing, etc), and you feel good doing it, please share that story too.

Betterdaysforme 05-11-2006 08:50 AM

Dear Takemylife,

I know it is, but it doesn't seem that long ago that you were so excited because you were able to take your kids to the park. I am glad you tossed pride aside and had a good time with the kids.

I know you will reclaim your old self because that is what you are all about. You will fight this beast until you have won the war not just the little battles. Good for you. I wonder if your wife ever thinks of what she looked like when she was pregnant? I'm sure she returned to her old self just as you will. We all have to remember that our loved ones are fighting this with us but in a different way. They don't feel the pain but see the changes and sometimes can't deal with them. We see the changes but are too darn busy fighting the fight to care about the changes on a daily basis. I know you two will work it all out.

Maureen

Smyle 05-11-2006 09:05 AM

Takemylife:

I love to hear these uplifting stories from you, you are an inspiration and I am so glad you had a good time...

Frango

itsmylife 05-14-2006 01:33 PM

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed hearing some positive news. I never thought this would be possible.