It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Is this Lymes???? No rash that i can remember

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2006, 07:11 PM   #1
    crazyladi99
    (female)

crazyladi99 HB User
    Is this Lymes???? No rash that i can remember

Where to start. I have been a competitive athetle all my life until all this happened. I am not sure if it started with a shoulder injury, or TMJ but it was about the same time. I was doing physio for my shoulder because i played baseball. The therapist touched something in my lower rightside of my back and pain shot down my left leg. That is when weird stuff started to happen. About the same time I had to have surgery on my Jaw because i shattered my articulating disk from grinding my teeth to much. I stopped physio for both a short time after. Before all of this I had a few problems such as serious cramping during periods, migraines (CT scan done at 10yrs old),intestinal intussusception with appendix removal and growing pains. Other than that i was fine. I cant remember the time when the fatigue started to set in but it did. I felt like I was hit by a mack truck as they say. I was 16. After highschool i didnt play much sports but i did continue to play competitive softball. I felt in pain all the time no matter how much i stretched. I assumed it was because of years not stretching as a kid. In highshool was troubled like most kids when they are teenagers. I was depressed, did drugs and drank. I didnt do much of that after highschool. I went straight to work. I was at work one day and my right side started to go numb, my hand, face, and tongue. my mother thought that i was having a stroke and took me to the hospital, they said that it was a migraine. In 2001 i starting having these symptoms; muscle pain, joint pain, chronic headaches, strange sensations in my face, lower back, and arms, flu like aches, neck pain and stiffness, very itchy skin, couldt stand, sit or walk, dizziness, ringing in the ear, sensitivity to light, pain in upper spine, loss of circulation in both arms when sleeping or when arms are raised, insomnia, body tremors, muscle spasms, severe pms, and chronic fatigue. The tests that were done were Upper and lower GI series done, always have brought up food or reflux. showed nothing. Bone scan showed pressure on the spleen but everything else was normal, x-rays showed scoliosis. Colonoscopy, showed irritable bowel syndrome, vaginal scope for cyst, found nothing, outcome-probably endometriosis. ear testing, tubes put in right ear for ringing, sleep test showed that I dont go into a deep sleep and that I have RLS and fibromyalgia. How that can be determained in uncertain to many. spinal testing showed different temperatures on either side of the spine, Thoracic testing showed TOS, ECG showed irregular heartbeat, heart felt like it was coming out of my chest. Doctor put me on different antidepressants but I had bad side effects, and he also stopped seeing me because he said that I cried to much. Before that he sent me to a psyciatrist, he said that nothing was wrong with me. I dont feel depressed i feel mad and angry because no one can tell me what is wrong.

April 2003 delivered first child vaginal no problems but couldnt urinate after so they had to put a cathader in. I had a hard time recouparating from childbirth. I had vaginal pressure pain for almost 3 months i could barely walk. I had severe sensitivity to smell, and touch. my periods have always been irregular going from 24-38 days.

June 2003 symptoms, very weak, exhausted, pain in bones, pain in feet and hands expesually in the morning, i feel like the nerves and muscles are sticking together down side of my legs and arms they hurt so much, lower back pain, sciatica pain, hip popped out, headaches, depression, very irritable and aggitated, still nothing. I didnt mention much to my second doctor because i feel like they look at me like a hypocondriac.

From Jan 2005-dec 2005 i suffered 2 migraine headaches that i had to be hospitalized for, one was aura and the other cluster. I also had severe chest pains i was told that is was pulled muscles. In august i went to the hospital due to abdominal pain in my right side from and back. They told me to see my doctor because they thought that it was a cyst. I never thought to go to the doctor because i thought that it was a blocked bowel. I went home and bought 2 enemas. i did both and nothing came out. So i ordered this colon cleanser from dr ***** called colonix and I started having severe abdomnial pain, i was told it was because i had to much yeast in my body. I stopped this after 3 weeks and it cleared me out despite the pain and my daily headaches and nausea were gone completely. November 2005 to jan 2006 i had severe bouts of dibilitating abdominal pain. Finally i went to the doctor. They sent me for an U/S which showed 10cm cyst. Went to gyno and he said lap to remove the cyst and that it was probably endo. I wanted a second opinion so I went to a onc/gyn and he sent me for a CT scan, another US and Ca-125. My ct showed 2 cyst one was 5.6cm the other 3cm. The u/s showed them smaller one in my ovary and the other on my kidney. My first ca-125 was done when i was ovulating and was 35 and the second I was on my 4th day of my period and it was a 78. I now was sent to another gyno because that doctor only deals with cancer patients and he beleives that i dont have that. So this doctor has put me on the pill to see if it shrinks. I am having severe leg pain feeling like my blood is clotting. I am still nauseated. From Jan 2006 to now May 2006 I completely changed my diet. I eat only organic and natural foods. No enriched or modified foods. I drink 8-10 glasses of water. I recently saw white particles in my urine. I was told it was an infection. I was put on antibiotics and it went away for a week now it is back. Symptoms i have right now are urgency to deficate and urinate, when i get there i cant go. I pee between 20-30 times day if not more. My bm hurt most of time when they come out, and i never feel as though i have completely got it all out and I am very gassy. I am not sure what is going on here.

I know that this is long but i really need help on what to do next.

I was told that i have FMS but also told i didnt, i was told that i have CFS, RLS, migraines, IBS, reflux, environmental asthma, TOS,

I have never been tested for MS, no lap for ENDO and i have colon cancer, colitis, and crohns that run on my moms side. No one will listen to me and i need help. There is something wrong and its getting worse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2006, 07:35 PM   #2
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
    Re: Is this Lymes???? No rash that i can remember

Hi crazyladi99, welcome to the board.

I am sorry you have been dealing with so much. Although a bullseye rash is a definite sign of Lyme disease, only about 50% of people who have Lyme ever get a rash. Below is a Lyme disease symptom list. You can have any combination of symtpoms.

Unexplained fevers, sweats, chills, or flushing
    Unexplained weight change--loss or gain
    Fatigue, tiredness, poor stamina
    Unexplained hair loss
    Swollen glands
    Sore throat
    Testicular pain/pelvic pain
    Unexplained menstrual irregularity
    Unexplained milk production: breast pain
    Irritable bladder or bladder dysfunction
    Sexual dysfunction or loss of libido
    Upset stomach
    Change in bowel function-constipation, diarrhea
    Chest pain or rib soreness
    Shortness of breath, cough
    Heart palpitations, pulse skips, heart block
    Any history of a heart murmur or valve prolapse?
    Joint pain or swelling
    Stiffness of the joints, neck, or back
    Muscle pain or cramps
    Twitching of the face or other muscles
    Headache
    Neck creeks and cracks, neck stiffness, neck pain
    Tingling, numbness, burning or stabbing sensations, shooting pains
    Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
    Eyes/Vision: double, blurry, increased floaters, light sensitivity
    Ears/Hearing: buzzing, ringing, ear pain, sound sensitivity
    lncreased motion sickness, vertigo, poor balance
    Lightheadedness, wooziness
    Tremor
    Confusion, difficulty in thinking
    Difficulty with concentration, reading
    Forgetfulness, poor short term memory
    Disorientation: getting lost, going to wrong places
    Difficulty with speech or writing
    Mood swings, irritability, depression
    Disturbed sleep-too much, too little, early awakening
    Exaggerated symptoms or worse hangover from alcohol

Many people who have Lyme disease were first diagnosed with other diseases including CFS, Fibromayagia, MS, and ALS. When Lyme is a possibility, it is very important to see a knowledgeable doctor. Many doctors do not understand Lyme and treat with outdated protocols. Besides Lyme, ticks can transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. Many people who have Lyme are co-infected, and it may affect treatment choice and progress. If you post where you are located, we can tell you of the closest Lyme doctors to you that we know of.

Sometimes women who have Lyme have an increase in symptoms after giving birth. Does your child have any symptoms?

I recommend that you get evaluated by a Lyme doctor. I think you are on the right track. Hang in there okay? Good help is available and you are not alone.

Old 05-17-2006, 07:52 PM   #3
    crazyladi99
    (female)

crazyladi99 HB User

I live in Toronto, Ontario Canada. My daughter has no symptoms that i can think of. she is only three so I guess i wouldnt really know until later. I can pass this on to her? What tests are done to rule this out or to rule it in?

Old 05-17-2006, 08:07 PM   #4
    Pearlscale
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pearlscale HB User

Crazyladi
    A LLMD would be able to make a clincal diagnosis of lyme. If you have it, there is a good chance you passed it on to your child. But a LLMD can make that diagnose. You are in an area that has a large number of lyme cases. I have done some checking on the internet. I believe that I contracted the disease from Black Flies while in Ontario in 1987. I am also fighting the co-infections. You need to be checked for these also.

Your symptoms sound so much like mine. I was diagnosed with lyme in 1987 and treated for 10 days. Pronounced cured. Not so. Then in 1993 I was told Fibromyalgia and for years treated for that. Then 2001 was sent to Neuro with vision problems. For 2+ yrs they kept wanting to say MS. Just couldn't be sure. I went on my own to LLMD last year and found out I have chronic suppressed lyme, babesia, mycoplasma, and bartonella.

I think you need to see a LLMD asap. I don't have names of Dr to give, but Ticker will probably come back with some. Or someone else.

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. We all on the lyme board understand, most of us have very similiar symptoms. We are here to help any way we can. Just let us know how.

Prayers.....Marsha

Last edited by Pearlscale; 05-17-2006 at 08:08 PM.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:15 AM   #5
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi crazyladi99. Yes, Lyme can be passed through pregnancy and breastfeeding. The only Lyme doctor I know of in Canada is Dr. Ernie Murakami in New Hope BC. I hope you can see him for an evaluation. Keep us posted okay?

Old 05-18-2006, 06:56 AM   #6
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi crazilady99 and welcome.

I am so sorry to hear that you don't feel well. That makes life tough doesn't it?

When I got sick, I couldn't remember being bitten by a tick either. I live close to the beach and we don't have deer. We do have squirrels, pigeons, bats, birds, mice, moles, and rabbits. Those critters can carry infectious ticks also.

I also saw many doctors who guessed at a diagnosis or told me that there was nothing wrong. It made me angry too. How could they say I was healthy when I KNEW there was something serious going on?

I had so many tests. It was a relief when the results were normal, but it also was frustrating because I had no answers.

One doctor I saw said that I had dementia.

One of my symptoms was that I completely lost my sense of balance. Not good for a dance teacher. The ear doctor I went to was a donkey-headed buffoon who had a different answer each time he saw me.

I walked into a physical therapists office who specializes in balance therapy, hoping they could help me. The woman interviewed me and really listened to me describe my symptoms. (Boy did it feel great to be heard!) She looked right at me and said that I had Lyme.

It turns out she used to be a competitive cyclist who got on her bike one day and fell off. She had Lyme.

I was lucky to have met her. She recommended a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor (LLMD). When I met with the doctor, she began to treat me before we got the blood test results back.

I hope you can find an LLMD. You've been through a lot.

My blood was tested at a lab called Igenex in California and it came back positive for Lyme. Prior to that I had the same test run at local labs (MLD and LabCorp) and it came back negative. If you go the Igenex web site you can order the test kit yourself. A doctor has to draw the blood and sign for the test of course.

I would also suggest that you get tested for co-infections.

It may be worth it for you to test your blood at Igenex, only if to rule out Lyme. The test I had was called Western Blot.

Hang in there. If you do have Lyme - the good news is that its treatable! Let us know what happens.

Peace and health to you.

Last edited by 6Blues; 05-18-2006 at 06:58 AM.

Closed Thread