It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Test results Help / antibiotics today

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-18-2006, 01:34 PM   #1
    Sco24
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Sco24 HB User
    Test results Help / antibiotics today

okay, so here are the test results from Igenex labs in Palo Alto, CA. Let me know what you guys think.

I also had the two shots of antibiotics this morning at 11 am and feel okay.. so i guess that means i dont have Lyme? the antibiotics were rocephin and another one that i think started with a "B" biomicine or soemthing, i forget.
    anyway here's the results, sorry for the length.

one thing i wonered was what is the difference between IGG antibodies and IGM?

(**): if there are 2 or more positive results for the double astericks, that results in a "positive" lyme test for the IGENEX lab, as you can see below happened to me.

IGENEX IGM results: Negative
    CDC/NYS RESULT: Negative
    18 kDa: -
    22 -
    **23-25 -
    28 -
    30 -
    **31 IND
    **34 -
    37 -
    **39 IND
    **41 IND
    45 -
    58 -
    66 -
    73 -
    **83-93 -

IGENEX IGG RESULTS: POSITIVE
    CDC/NYS RESULTS: NEGATIVE

18 kDa: -
    22 -
    **23-25 IND
    28 -
    30 -
    **31 IND
    **34 IND
    37 -
    **39 +
    **41 +++
    45 +
    58 ++
    66 -
    73 -
    **83-93 IND

What do you guys think? what are the odds you think i have it? can you be positive like this and not have lyme? then why would it be in my body? Need any more info from the results let me know.

thanks
    Scott

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
    battling on
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

battling on HB User
    Re: Test results Help / antibiotics today

HI scot
    Because you feel ok after treat ment doent mean you dont have Lyme, it takes months to monitor and log symptoms and changes before you can accurately say you feel you are lyme infected.

i have just got the copy of my Igenex, and they are the same as yours and i was very ill.

Teh indeterminate at this point acan be very contraversial in lyme society.

igenex are a top labratory but all labs have to have a working criteria.

The bands that have shown up indeterminate are Lyme based.

to have a positive result you have to have the strength in a sign between ( +1 and +4) now no one can say how many milllienth of a test you where under the +1 necessary for a positve show.

The way i see it an indeterminate to me is more a positive than a indeterminate, as if you had nothing to worry about then you wouldmnt have any signs in your test atall?

i have 5 indeterminates and i know i have Lyme and you have 7.

my own view is you should saty on treatment its better to be over causiouse then under causiouse.
    IgG is signs of a late long term fight of teh body .
    IgM Is signs of a new shorter term fight of teh body.

Its also my opinion that if you have a sign of both it proves more you have a cycling infection.

Sure others will come along and add more.

Main thing to know is Lyme doesnt wave a flag to where it is, if you find it my saying is.
    you've won a willy wonker Golden wrapper.

i would stay on treatment and monitor symptoms.

Jules xx

Old 05-18-2006, 04:13 PM   #3
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Scott. I am glad you got copies of your results. Below is the breakdown of the Western Blot:

9 cross-reactive for Borrellia
    12 specific for Bb
    18 unknown
    20 cross-reactive for Borrellia
    21 unknown
    22 specific for Bb, probably really the 23/25 band
    23-25 outer surface protein C (OspC), specific for Bb
    28 unknown
    30 unknown; probably an outer surface protein; common in European and
    one California strain
    31 outer surface protein A (OspA), specific for Bb
    34 outer surface protein B (OspB); specific for Bb
    35 specific for Bb
    37 specific for Bb
    38 cross-reactive for Bb
    39 is a major protein of Bb flagellin; specific for Bb
    41 flagellin protein of all spirochetes; this is usually the first to appear after a Bb infection and is specific for all Borrellia
    45 cross-reactive for all Borellia (sometimes people with Lyme who have this band positive also have the co-infection Ehrlichiosis)
    50 cross-reactive for all Borrellia
    55 cross-reactive for all Borrellia
    57 cross-reactive for all Borrellia
    58 unknown but may be a heat-shock Bb protein
    60 cross reactive for all Borrellia
    66 cross-reactive for all Borrelia, common in all bacteria
    83 specific antigen for the Lyme bacterium, probably a cytoplasmic membrane
    93 unknown, probably the same protein in band 83, just migrates differently in some patients

The IgM tests for a more recent infection, the IgG a longer-standing one. Although the CDC requires a large number of bands to show for it to be considered positive, many people who have Lyme do not have this many bands show. Lyme doctors often focus on which bands show, some are specific for Lyme. Band 41 is often the first to show, bands 23-25, 31, 34, 39 are Lyme specific bands. Yours are either positive or IND. I think this is signficant. Some people who have band 45 positive have the co-infection Ehrlichiosis. This was true in my case. You really need to be tested for all co-infections.

Old 05-18-2006, 04:17 PM   #4
    battling on
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

battling on HB User

Ticker im asking this here as it will help scott also

do you have any break down of the +

and why some are 2 and 3.

are these a reading to low to even be indeterminate?

Thnaks

Jules x

Old 05-18-2006, 04:19 PM   #5
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Jules. I thing the number of + indicates how positive the band is.

Old 05-18-2006, 04:24 PM   #6
    battling on
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

battling on HB User

im still answering here as i think scott will still find interesting hope thats ok scott , im not a hijacker honest

I have more bands with these against them, but my test was negative.
    so I was trying to relate there significants in the rating, do they have a meaning in the reading? are they under indeterminate or over indeterminate?
    its very strange.

Jules x

Last edited by battling on; 05-18-2006 at 04:24 PM.

Old 05-18-2006, 09:04 PM   #7
    Sco24
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Sco24 HB User

That's very interesting tick, thanks a lot everyone.

So the ones that are IND then are probably positive? can these IND fluxuate to +'s on different tests? What would cause these to be IND? and so if they are IND, that means the band IS present in my body correct?

Gets more interesting by the moment.

Also, how long can Lyme be dormant in your system? Since my responses were more so in the IGG'S then have i had this for years?

Scott

Old 05-18-2006, 09:26 PM   #8
    brid
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

brid HB User

Hi Sco24... The Llmd I Saw Tld Me The Igg In A Lyme Test, Means Is Recent..and The Igm Means You Have It Right For A While..usually In Other Test, Igg Means You Had In In The Past But Not Now, For Example, I Was Tested For Epstein Bar And Trichinosis, The Igg In Epstein Bar Was Positive, Igm Negative, I Means I Had If Before But Not Now, Igg Remains Positive For Ever, Same Trichinosis, But In Trichinosis Was Low Positive, And Doctors Said I Never Had It, That Trichinosis Strain Is Similar To Other Strains So It Mught Be A Cross Reaction...but When It Comes To Lyme The Reading Is Diferent...dont Stop Your Abx When You Feel Better!

In The IGM I Was Ind And Band 41 Was 2 Plus Positve
    And Band 93 One Positive, The 93 Means Is Not Recent, And 41 Is A Lyme Specific Band, thats what doctor harris from igenex explain to me and my doctor, you can also call doctor harris from igenex, he is very nice and can explain to you your igg, but from your results, if you have it, seems is recent, your igm is almost all negative.. specially the important bands such as 41 and 93
    good luck!!

Hugs!

Last edited by brid; 05-18-2006 at 09:32 PM.

Old 05-18-2006, 10:38 PM   #9
    battling on
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

battling on HB User

Hi scott
    yeap i see it as even to be IND you have to have something there to activate the band test atall,and if the numbers are lyme related then even more so.

Problem is a lab has to work to criteria, even the ones that push the limits have to set values in tests or they would be accused of over diagnosing

Lyme is a stronger version of syphillis and can lay dormant for years, ithink it has a cycle also 5 or 10 years. depends on teh co - infections.

i ahve had mine since as early as eight although i belive my household was infected at around 5/6 yrs old.

I have noticed through life times of illness and symptoms which of course only now I know to be lyme. and i would have a few good years physicaaly inbetween but never fully relieved mentally as i am now with treatment.

I have also read it cycles different through different decades of life.
    or can peak, there is definate age ranges for different results of cycles.

I would have to look this up for you to get it acurate.

Jules x

Last edited by battling on; 05-18-2006 at 10:42 PM.

Old 05-19-2006, 12:31 AM   #10
    Sco24
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Sco24 HB User

If it is recent, does that include 8 months ago recent or more? that's when all the symptoms started, about 8 months ago so i was wondering how recent IGG antibodies are.

scott

Old 05-19-2006, 06:56 AM   #11
    brid
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

brid HB User

hi sco!is a hard question! you should give a call to doctor harris and he will hapilly answer you that... you can just call igenex , he is there..but as far as i know, the positive 93 band from igm is the one you have it for a while..thats what he told me, since yours is negative and your igm too, you probably have it very recent which is a good sign... no ne can tell you exactly.. when i ask doctor harris about the leght of mine he said he coldnt tell but was at least more than 8 months... good luck!

Old 05-19-2006, 03:13 PM   #12
    battling on
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

battling on HB User

Scot i was so confussed when i first dicovered lYme and a book i can honestly say holds so much wieght and was and still is worth every penny i paid for it ( not to much)
    is
    "everything you need to know about Lyme and tick Bourne Diseases"

I read it form cover to cover, still with some of it confussing but whemn i put it all into practise and with info off teh net eventually it all feel into place.

But like you the sheer confussion on start up, was frightening, suffocating and lonely. but it will all fall in to place eventually.

IgG and IgM can both stay in your body for along time, teh statistics are not accurtae as all peopel are very different.

jules xx

Closed Thread