It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Detox Foot Mustard Baths

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-27-2006, 02:11 PM   #1
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User
    Detox Foot Mustard Baths

Hi everyone,

No matter what type of regimen you are on, this foot detox bath is so helpful for everyone and this is how I do it:

Get a basin or anything that your feet will fit in to and add warm water (not hot).

Ingredients:

Mustard Powder (dry form)
    Cayenne Pepper (ground)

Add 1 tablespoon of Dry Mustard Powder and 1 teaspoon of "ground" Cayenne Pepper.

Sit in a comfortable chair or place and soak your feet for 20 to 30 minutes in this mixture.

You can do this 2 to 3 times a day.

The purpose of this detox foot bath is to rid your body of toxins and pains, and also headaches.

It also increases blood and lymph circulation as well as giving one a sense of wellbeing.

When you really have pains in your body (no matter where they are), do these foot baths immediately to relieve the pain.

This foot bath really works!

Denise

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2006, 08:33 PM   #2
    Pearlscale
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pearlscale HB User
    Re: Detox Foot Mustard Baths

Denise as soon as I get these two ingredients I will give this a try. Thanks. Marsha

Old 05-28-2006, 06:35 AM   #3
    outinthe_woods
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

outinthe_woods HB User

Me too! A lot cheaper and easier than sending to China for the foot pads!

Old 05-28-2006, 06:47 AM   #4
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User

Yeah, it is less money compared to those detox pads!

I did this bath last night (I used a large cooking pot because I have big feet!) and I didn't see any white gunk because I have been detoxing for months (the bathtub ones).

My feet just tingle after soaking them for 30 minutes and they don't smell like mustard!

My dog doesn't even go near this solution, smart doggie!

Denise

Old 05-28-2006, 07:53 AM   #5
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Denise. Thanks for posting this.

I like this foot bath a lot. For me it is better than the detox bath.

I am glad your dog doesn't try to drink the water! It would be a bit hot with the cayenne pepper!

Old 05-28-2006, 09:48 AM   #6
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Thanks Denise for sharing this recipe.

I will definitely give it a try.

I wonder though ... those sticky asian foot pads did nothing for me. Do you think this one will be effective?

Old 05-28-2006, 03:10 PM   #7
    outinthe_woods
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

outinthe_woods HB User

well, I guess I didn't "push the button" on my reply...LOL Can I claim "Brain Fog Moment"???

I just tried the mix and didn't see anything, but of course, it would be more apparent on the pads, and those were flooded with "crud" for a full week before tapering off.....

I'm going to try again, though!

Old 05-28-2006, 03:55 PM   #8
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I used a cooler (like you take to the beach or a picnic) because I have no pot big enough to hold my feet.

But I think I did this wrong. The water came up to my ankles. Boy did it burn while I was soaking. The water was red from the pepper.

That was a good thing because I gave myself my Bicillin shot and the burning helped keep my mind off the pain of injecting.

Its 20 minutes afterward and my feet are still burning - not the soles, but the top of my instep and my ankles. ouchie.

So how do you tell if this works or not?

Old 05-28-2006, 06:05 PM   #9
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi all,

I am sitting here smiling as I am resting from barbequing chicken breasts that I marinated all day, wow, that smoke really gets in my eyes! Maybe my fire was too hot?

Gerri, I didn't see anything either except the orangy mixture that I first started with, but the soles of my feet had that "tingling" feeling for hours afterward. Don't know much about those foot pads......

Mickie, you crack me up! I guess I should have put in the "recipe" that the water should only cover the bottoms of your footsies, not up to your ankles, LOL! How much pepper and mustard did you put in? Did we measure?

I think I am going to call you Hot Foot Miss Mickie!

Are you feet tingling at all or just burning? Maybe put your feet in some cool water before you feet start a fire?

Okay, all joking aside, if works if you feel a tingling sensation, which means your pores released toxins, that's what I think anyway.

Jeanne, oh Jeanne, I know you have done these baths, what do you feel afterward?

Besides the sensation of my soles tingling, I felt really good, no pains (but I didn't have any pains to begin with!). I felt I had more energy too (oh no!) yet I slept really good.

Denise (The Tingler)

Last edited by deejavu; 05-28-2006 at 06:10 PM.

Old 05-28-2006, 07:17 PM   #10
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

LOL Denise!

Well, now have the least toxic ankles in New Jersey.

I'll be more careful next time to ease up on the seasonings and the water level. I don't think I had the tingling. I'll pay closer attention next time.

Your chicken sounds delicious. I remember the feeling of BBQ smoke in my eyes. You are so lucky and blessed to have had that happen. Not that I want to see you in pain, but its a recreational pain.

I love barbeques. I can hear my neighbors having backyard parties and I can smell the food.

When I hear the sounds of their parties, one minute I'm smilling to myself and the next minute I'm crying. My recovery rollercoaster's going up and down.

I do hope you enjoy your chicken. You deserve the lovely spring evening and yummy food.

I can picture you sitting outside under the stars next to your dogs, just smiling ... and its a beautiful sight.

Old 05-28-2006, 08:20 PM   #11
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User

Oh Mickie,

You crack me up! The least toxic ankles in the state of New Jersey, LOL!

Hey, if I knew your address, I would drive over and bring you some of my barbequed chicken... or I would make some for you.

It was really easy, just buy a package of chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (sometimes they sell packages of sliced chicken breasts already cut up into strips).

From Costco, I bought Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing, dumped half the bottle in a bowl, and threw the cut up chicken in it and let it marinate all day, yeah, I added some spices of my own.

If you have a grill, just buy the Matchlight Charcoal, it's no work, just light a match and boom! It all lights ups..... The pain is standing there turning over that chicken, but if you have large strips, it's not too bad. I did it in less than 20 minutes.

I also hear my neighbors barbequing and they never invite me.. But they let me know that they can always smell when I barbeque... maybe I should invite them? Hmmmm, never thought about that one.

Come on over Mickie, I will make you the best barbeque with coleslaw, salad, side dishes, whatever your big heart desires, but not your feet!

DJ

Old 05-29-2006, 03:41 AM   #12
    dianneom
    (female)

dianneom HB User

I had the burning feet too. But the burning did make me forget how bad my head was feeling, so maybe a good thing.

Old 05-29-2006, 05:11 AM   #13
    Smyle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Smyle HB User

Hi Guys:

I have both Cayenne pepper and Mustard powder and am going to give this "recipe" a try. Could the water then be used as a base for a soup? Okay all at once, EWWWW!

P.S. Mickie- maybe you could bring it over to the neighbors who are BBQ'ing and never invite you, I'll help you make a batch...

Last edited by Smyle; 05-29-2006 at 05:12 AM.

Old 05-29-2006, 05:42 AM   #14
    deejavu
    Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi all,

Frango: Yucky-yucky-Yuckerooooooo!! Base for Soup? You mean perhaps for Pig's Feet Soup?

Dianne,

As I type this, my feet are soaking in this "base", it's been 30 minutes already and no burning but once again, the "tingling" feeling on my soles. Dr. Jernigan says if one does this foot bath 3 times a day, it does relieve headaches, I don't have a headache, so I can't vouch for that. Hey, anything to forget the pain in one's head, right?

Mickie,

I wear a Size 9.5 Shoe so I have big feet! If you needed a Cooler to soak your feet, your feet must be bigger than mine! If they are still burning, perhaps you could barbeque a hamburger on your ankle? Just a silly thought from a Silly Girl.

The Foot Tingler

Old 05-29-2006, 07:31 AM   #15
    dianneom
    (female)

dianneom HB User

My feet don't burn when soaking but after I take them out. Should I wash the mix off or just dry my feet? No tingling!

Closed Thread