It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• ladies please -- vaginal infection!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-02-2006, 03:06 PM   #1
    earle
    (female)

earle HB User
    ladies please -- vaginal infection!!!!

ok, gals, i need your help. you know i was diagnosed with thrush a couple of weeks ago. i have been on antibiotics for months and that idiot never gave me any diflucan. now i find out i should have been given it at the same time. oh great!!!

i have been getting sore in the vaginal area for days but now it's getting pretty bad. i called my obgyn and he can't get me in until september!!!!

is there anything i can do? should i call the llmd and ask for diflucan or use over the counter until i can get in to the obgyn. my llmd is a she so maybe she will understand.

i am getting very uncomfortable..........

Last edited by earle; 07-02-2006 at 03:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2006, 05:42 PM   #2
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
    Re: ladies please -- vaginal infection!!!!

Hi earle.

I had a vaginal yeast infection once - it was really uncomfortable. I took a slightly warm detox bath (Epsom salts + hydrogen peroxide), I used over the counter 3 day CVS brand yeast infection medicine and I cut out all sugars.

That worked for me. I hope you see a doctor soon and feel better!!

Old 07-02-2006, 07:20 PM   #3
    J0J0
    Inactive

J0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB User

Hi Earle...wouldn't wait for you gyn...like blues suggested just go get some cream for the ladies at the drug store....and go to the health food store...you can ask them for something to help with the rest of your yeast prblems...Grapefruit extract you can get in a little bottle and put it in water a few times a day and swish around in your mouth...But you really need to go on the Candida diet if you want full relief....Hope you find a doctor to get you back on the antibiotics....did you find the Dr. Jernigans products....find his sight....wish I could help you more.....Take CAre.....

Old 07-03-2006, 05:42 AM   #4
    sleeperwoken
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sleeperwoken HB User

Hi earle, definitely go get some monistat at the store, that always works for me. For prevention, I use Dr. Jernigan's Yeast Ease product and I also take the best probiotics I can find, I use Healthy Trinity brand. They are expensive but they work and if I buy the cheaper brands I can tell right away.

It's nice to have diflucan on hand, but if your doctor won't give it to you, pick up some caprylic acid capsules at the health food store, they are almost as effective and you don't need a prescription to get them.

I use tea tree oil in my mouth and vaginally. Some people say it feels uncomfortable and is too strong for them, but I don't have any trouble with it and it works very well against yeast. You can put it in the bath with a carrier oil like almond or jojoba oil. That is very soothing too when you are suffering.

I hope you feel better soon.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:51 PM   #5
    fotomom
    Veteran
    (female)

fotomom HB User

go online and buy candida clear vaginal supporitories.... I use noe each week and get no vaginal yeast infections..... its all natural and works fast! You can also use probiotics out of the capsule vaginally too.

Old 07-04-2006, 10:02 AM   #6
    battling on
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

battling on HB User

Hi Earle
    You should have a sexualy transmitted disease centre some where, dont tell them its not sexually transmitted and if they ask if you have had a sexual adventure recently just say yes, and un protected. " I know this is deeply embarresing" but fail on any of these questions and tehy can turn you away as a none emergency.

You will have a full check up and meds on the day if needed but also you will have to call in a few weeks for other results.

Its worth every minute to have this done, they also check for pelvis infections.

I had to do this up to 6 times a year , years ago as i never knew about lyme then and i was continually getting bacteria vaginosis,( Gardenerela)

Not sexualy transmitted but its when your own bacteria over grows it starts to attack its self. ( actually it may be transmitted to a man, but not a man to a women) very uncomfortable , itchy and eventually swollen.

So if you can face the meeting i would get down a clinic.

Hugs to you hun and hope you get som erelief to.
    jules xx

Last edited by battling on; 07-04-2006 at 10:03 AM.

Old 07-04-2006, 02:47 PM   #7
    lymegirl
    Inactive
    (female)

lymegirl HB User

Like was suggested you need to take probiotics while on abx. To clear up this infection now use something over the counter. I use vit e oil (CVS brand is cheap) as a topical in addition to the over the counter med. My healthfood store told me vit e is an antifungal.

I have had this too and know how uncomfortable this can be. My LLMD also told me you can not take too much probiotics so you might want to take afew more than usual dosage to get back into balance.

Hope you can clear this up soon.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:49 PM   #8
    dallasmommy
    (female)

dallasmommy HB User

I know this is way after the fact and I hope you have the situation under control, but I told my LLMD that I was prone to infections and she prescribes me one diflucan for every week. I take one every Sunday and have not had any problems with two years on abx. Good Luck.

Closed Thread