It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Have any of you heard of Dr. Joanne Whitaker?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-07-2006, 02:33 PM   #1
    cappy77
    (male)

cappy77 HB User
    Have any of you heard of Dr. Joanne Whitaker?

I found this searching around the Internet. It is very interesting and wondered if anybody has heard of her or her technique for Lyme testing.

Dr. Joanne Whitaker has invented an apparently 100% reliable test for Lyme disease. Her lab actually tests for the presence of the Borrelia boriensis (the causative organism) itself, not just antibodies to Bb. Her methods also detect the cell wall deficient (CWD) form. Her test is called Q-RIBb for quantitative rapid identification of Bb. The test uses an animal derived antibody to Borrelia boriensis modified to carry a fluorescent molecule. The antibodies attach to both the spirochete form and the CWD form and, under the right color, will light up under a microscope. With this test, Dr. Whitaker not only can detect Lyme directly, but it can be done in only 20 minutes and she can tell you the severity of the infection is by the number of organisms present.
    Dr. Whitaker’s lab also checks for two co-infections associated with tick bites. Babesia is a protozoon, like the malaria organism, and infects red blood cells. Erlichia is a bacteria, fortunately treatable through conventional antibiotics, including the type that treats Bb. It appears that babesia can be eliminated with artemisinin (100 mg three times daily). ( Artemisinin was developed as an anti-malarial.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2006, 08:53 PM   #2
    kayda
    (female)

kayda HB User
    Re: Have any of you heard of Dr. Joanne Whitaker?

Hi,

I've never heard of her or this test. I hope someone else knows something about her. WHere is she located?

Does this test work even when the Lyme is in it's cyst form?

Kayda

Old 11-08-2006, 04:21 AM   #3
    sleeperwoken
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sleeperwoken HB User

I have had this test a couple of times, it gives a reading on the ratio of lyme in the blood. I don't think doctors use it to determine a positive or negative reading, I know mine did not. Mine used it after I had a positive to determine the amount of lyme we were dealing with. My first reading was the highest 1:128 and I as I got treatment it went down to 64 and then 32 and then finally 8, but she said that it will never go to zero, so I stopped using it.

I have heard that her test has only resulted in two negative readings, one being a whale that they tested. I am not discrediting the test at all, I think it is useful, but not to determine if you have, more to determine how much or to see if your treatments are working.

It is called a Q-riBb and also known as the Bowen Test.
    It costs $250 and insurance does not pay for it.

Old 11-08-2006, 10:17 AM   #4
    kayda
    (female)

kayda HB User

Thanks Sleeperwoken for that explanation. I have heard of the Bowen test before--just the name, though. I didn't really know what it was used for. I've heard that the Lyme can hide and doesn't always show up in particular vial of blood that is drawn and so it becomes undetectable. Is this ever true with the Bowen test? If not, it might be a useful test for me with the Late Stage Chronic type of Lyme. No one can tell me how long I've had Lyme or how bad it is? Is there a test that you know of that can tell me how long I've had it or how much damage it's done on a cellular level?

Kayda

Closed Thread