It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• muscle weakness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-15-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
    tsgkn
    (female)

tsgkn HB User
    muscle weakness

Has anyone ever had muscle weakness --loss of muscle control in one hand, starting in another hand and possibly starting in a leg as a symptom of lyme. Drs (neurologists) are thinking it is ALS; however, I wonder if it could be lyme. About 2 yrs agon, was bitten by a tick, had the bullseye, and was improperly treated. So, could this be the source of these symtoms --and hopefully not ALS?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
    Aquaticgirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Aquaticgirl HB User
    Re: muscle weakness

Muscle weakness is a symptom of Lyme Disease, but what you are describing sounds like muscle twitching which is also a symptom of Lyme. ALS is a very common misdiagnosis of Chronic Lyme Disease. It is likely that you have it.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:03 PM   #3
    J0J0
    Inactive

J0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB User

Hi you most likely need to go see a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor...If you were not given treatment for long enough time or not high enough doses of antibiotics then it most likely did not kill off the bacterias...

You might want to post where you live and ask if anyone knows of a Lyme doctor near you.

Sorry to hear you are having troubles...I also had muscle weakness ....and many many other symptoms...

Welcome to the board.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #4
    woo97
    (female)

woo97 HB User

Hi tsgkn! I saw the title of your post and had to respond!! I have the exact same symptoms, just weakness in my legs and it spread to my arms. I now have a lot of pain in my legs too. I was told it could be ALS too. I had both upper motor neuron and lower motor neuron damage in my arms and legs. However, my EMG's never showed ALS. I was bit 10+ years ago, I remember the rash,etc. so I went to a Lyme doctor. Sure enough, he diagnosed me in the first visit with Lyme. I am just starting treatment, we'll see how it goes. How are everyday activities for you? I have 2 little children, and it is hard to keep up, along with work. Stairs are tough, exercise impossible. Maybe you have some of the same symptoms. If you have more questions, just ask. Love to hear how you are doing.

Closed Thread