It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Brain fog/dizziness/visual symptoms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-10-2007, 08:40 PM   #1
    KateTheRiot
    (female)

KateTheRiot HB User
    Brain fog/dizziness/visual symptoms

Weaver asked this in another thread:
    "I was wondering if anyone with lyme who's had the dizziness or whoozy feeling.. if they could please describe it. That is my chief complaint.. along with fatigue and some others but i was just wondering if someone could describe the whoosy feeling and maybe visual problems they've encountered with lyme?"

I have different variations at different times, including a light dizziness, feeling of confusion, some distraction like I can't focus, sometimes can't think of words so I stop mid-sentence. Way back before dx, I had a couple of bouts with the room spinning.

Visual problems:
    sensitivity to light makes it uncomfortable to drive at night--the car lights hurt my eyes; bright lights hurt and may cause headaches for me--not sure
    difficulty seeing at night--can no longer read street signs until I'm right at them, even though vision is unchanged
    some blurring at times that doesn't seem to go away when I rub my eyes
    contacts aren't comfortable anymore
    extreme dry eyes--can't keep them moist enough
    lost lashes on upper left lid when first symptoms appeared

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2007, 08:48 PM   #2
    KateTheRiot
    (female)

KateTheRiot HB User
    Re: Brain fog/dizziness/visual symptoms

I forgot one--floaters. I get these once in a while, and within 30 minutes my brain goes to mush. It just feels weird; I actually call it "weirdhead". If I don't take ibuprofen asap, I also get a headache with it. The weirdhead makes it hard to concentrate, hard to stay on task, hard to think. I feel like I'm almost in a daze but conscious of it.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:46 AM   #3
    ryebeach
    (female)

ryebeach HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KateTheRiot View Post
    Weaver asked this in another thread:
    "I was wondering if anyone with lyme who's had the dizziness or whoozy feeling.. if they could please describe it. That is my chief complaint.. along with fatigue and some others but i was just wondering if someone could describe the whoosy feeling and maybe visual problems they've encountered with lyme?"

I have different variations at different times, including a light dizziness, feeling of confusion, some distraction like I can't focus, sometimes can't think of words so I stop mid-sentence. Way back before dx, I had a couple of bouts with the room spinning.

Visual problems:
    sensitivity to light makes it uncomfortable to drive at night--the car lights hurt my eyes; bright lights hurt and may cause headaches for me--not sure
    difficulty seeing at night--can no longer read street signs until I'm right at them, even though vision is unchanged
    some blurring at times that doesn't seem to go away when I rub my eyes
    contacts aren't comfortable anymore
    extreme dry eyes--can't keep them moist enough
    lost lashes on upper left lid when first symptoms appeared
    hi kate
    yes i have had the whoozy feeling a few times It is very hard to describe very unbalanced in my sight spinning of a sort kind of like when you are drunk but you are not haven't drank in years ears feel weird at the same time stomach somewhat upset at the same time Inside of ears hurt Barely could stand up to make my husbands lunch in the morning one day had to lay down just to get my bearings Rest seemed to help It is ver tremendous feeling scary to say the least I have had my lyme going on two years I have been on Iv Therapy for the last 3 months also had alot of confusion but that is getting alot better cognitive functioning was really bad for about 2-3 months even on the IV therapy but there is a turning point with the right treatment I have seen this Like another post from ticker said there are alot of coinfections that go along with this mine is babesis
    I really had to be agressive to have my lyme treated put me out of work for almost four months now doxy for 4 months and IV therapy since dec Supplements are good b complex magnesium vitamin c mutivitamin milk thistle b 12 probiotic for intestinal stuff All of this combined with the IV therapy really brought me back to reality I have taken a good turning point now and am going to try to return 3 days a week on the 20th wish me luck and I will keep you in my thoughts
    ryebeach

Old 03-12-2007, 03:57 AM   #4
    janetclarkson
    (female)

janetclarkson HB User

Hi Kate,

I suffer from these problems a lot. High sensitivity to sudden changes in lighting, sound and even temperature make a nightmare of any visits to shops or public buildings.

I would describe it as how you would feel immediately after a bucket of cold water was thrown into your face, followed by all of your bones disappearing from your body leaving you feeling totally disorientated, weak, unbalanced, unsupported and with an incredible feeling of panic.

If there are heating or air conditioning systems on the ceilings of shops, the noise that other people probably don't even notice, feels like a heavy weight pressing down on the top of my head. Noise of this kind actually feels like it is hitting me - if that doesn't sound stupid.

What you say about lights at night makes absolute sense to me. I prefer not to drive at night because of it.

Janet

Closed Thread