It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• My Lyme test results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-30-2007, 03:21 AM   #16
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User
    Re: My Lyme test results

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sarah92202 View Post
    Chantel, I'm glad he told you about the supplements, that is a good sign! Most doc's skip that part and it is very important. ABX's not only kill of the bad bacteria but also the good bacteria in your digestive track and vagina and can cause yeast overgrowth, probitoics restore that good bacteria, it's in yougart and you can buy it in pill form that has alot more live cultures than yougart. I take PB8 and eat yougart, but there are alot of different brands out there in the vitamin/supplement section of any store. they even have chewable ones. You have to get some and take them everyday! I am also taking Wobenzym N, which I feel has helped with my energy, it is an enzematic supplement, my Endo said it was a very good thing to take. Take Care, Sarah
    Hey Sarah

Oh okay. I didn't know them by that name. I have bifodus here which is the same as acedophilous(sp?). I haven't taken it yet. I'm so bad for that, but I will start taking them tomorrow since you reminded me. Dr. Forester also put me on Nystatin to get rid of a yeast infection I've been having for a while but I haven't started taking them yet because they were a little harsh on my stomach. You know how it goes. If it's not one thing, it's another.

I've never heard of Wobenzym N. I will have to research it. Thanks so much for all of your help. You seem very knowlegable in so many things.

Hugs,
    Chantel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2007, 08:27 AM   #17
    sarah92202
    Veteran
    (female)

sarah92202 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chantel2003 View Post
    Hey Sarah

Dr. Forester also put me on Nystatin to get rid of a yeast infection I've been having for a while but I haven't started taking them yet because they were a little harsh on my stomach. You know how it goes. If it's not one thing, it's another.

IHugs,
    Chantel
    chantel, are you married or in a relationship? Im asking because the yeast overload gets passed on to your partner. and even if you get rid of it he will re-infect you with it during sexual int. He probably isn't having any symptoms, but needs to be treated for it also. It is a vicious cycle that unless both of you are treated will just keep being passed back and forth. If he's like my husband he will insist that he doesn't have it and not want to take anything. Do your research and give him proof other than my say so. And ask Dr. forrester. I don't know why doc's don't tell us this. There is a Holistic place here that even has a commercial on TV explaining it. But the doc's never tell us. But I'll bet if you asked you'd get the answer. i finally gave my husband the altimatum, and he took the Nystain and now takes the acidophilus daily. Unfortunatley this has to be a joint effort! There are a ton of books out there on Yeast at the Library and bookstores, it seems to be a major contributer to our fatigue and stomach problems. As for the Wobenzym N. I read about it in Bryan Rosner's new book The Top 10 Lyme Disease Treatments, it is an excellent book. the W-N can be used to help in digestion if taken with meals, it helps insure that the food is digested completely, but taken in between meals it helps LD, it helps with inflammation and there is significant evidence that it can directly attack and kill lyme bacteria. I've talked to my LLMD and my endocr. about taking it and they both agree it is an excellent supplement that can be taken with antibiotics also. I wouldn't continually take it month after month though if you get it take breaks like every other month. and don't take it without discussing this with Dr. F. first. Since I started it I do feel a little more energetic, but what I have found is that I stopped having night sweats completely. I usually have them bad every night, I have to change my tee shirt or gown in the middle of the night every night. But no night sweats at all since the second day on them. It's amazing. My LLMD tried for 6 months to get my NS's to go away with just ABX's. And this supp. did it in 2 days. Well, I hope this helps, and good luck with everything. Remember the more you know the better off you are, research everything! Sincerely Sarah

Old 04-30-2007, 10:03 AM   #18
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Chantel. Just a reminder to wait at least two hours before or after taking the anitibiotics to take the acidophilus.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:04 AM   #19
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Sarah, did you test positive for Babesiosis?

Old 04-30-2007, 02:35 PM   #20
    sarah92202
    Veteran
    (female)

sarah92202 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ticker View Post
    Hi Sarah, did you test positive for Babesiosis?
    Ticker, no, I was tested for Babesia IGM/IGG, E. chaffeenis-HME IGM/IGG, HGE IGM/IGG. B. Quintana IGM/IGG, B. henselea IGM/IGG all neg. CD57 was 26 These tests were done by my LLMD in CT in Oct. 06. But I am waiting on results for my WA-1 babesia, We didn't test for West coast strains in Oct, but I am from WA. ST. and it's possible I got babesia there, I had a tick embedded in my leg years before I moved here to Texas, and I have had some wierd symptoms since that bite like the night sweats. So I just want to make sure to cover everything. I was probably infected first in WA. and then again in Texas. I had my son completely tested for the WA-1 strains in Jan. but he was negative. Do you have Bab? Sarah

Last edited by sarah92202; 04-30-2007 at 02:36 PM.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:34 PM   #21
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Sarah. I bet WA state is beautiful!

Night sweats are one of the major symptoms of Babesiosis. Yes, I had a severe case of it.

I am glad you son is negative.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:20 PM   #22
    sarah92202
    Veteran
    (female)

sarah92202 HB User

Quote:
    Hi Sarah. I bet WA state is beautiful!

Night sweats are one of the major symptoms of Babesiosis. Yes, I had a severe case of it.

I am glad you son is negative.
    Ticker, what did your LLMD prescribe for it. Are you still having symptoms. What test/lab did your LLMD use to diag? I had read that about the night sweats, my son does not get them luckily, his test was done by Igenex for the WA-1 and the regular co-infections. My co-infections were not done by Igenex, MDL or Quest, so I will probably have them redone. Only my Western Blots and IFA were done by Igenex. Being so far away from my LLMD is hard. Plus I had to get all the testing done on my son before I started paying to get it done on myself. Our children are our priorities. We have to take care of them first. Yes Wa is beautiful, we lived up in the San Juan Islands by Vancouver Island BC. Which has the highest reported cases of Lyme disease in Canada, but the WA doc's say there is no lyme in Northwest Wa. so what? The deer the people and the ticks don't cross the border? Right! Thanks for the info, Sincerely, Sarah

Old 05-01-2007, 02:57 AM   #23
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sarah92202 View Post
    chantel, are you married or in a relationship? Im asking because the yeast overload gets passed on to your partner. and even if you get rid of it he will re-infect you with it during sexual int. He probably isn't having any symptoms, but needs to be treated for it also. It is a vicious cycle that unless both of you are treated will just keep being passed back and forth. If he's like my husband he will insist that he doesn't have it and not want to take anything. Do your research and give him proof other than my say so. And ask Dr. forrester. I don't know why doc's don't tell us this. There is a Holistic place here that even has a commercial on TV explaining it. But the doc's never tell us. But I'll bet if you asked you'd get the answer. i finally gave my husband the altimatum, and he took the Nystain and now takes the acidophilus daily. Unfortunatley this has to be a joint effort! There are a ton of books out there on Yeast at the Library and bookstores, it seems to be a major contributer to our fatigue and stomach problems. As for the Wobenzym N. I read about it in Bryan Rosner's new book The Top 10 Lyme Disease Treatments, it is an excellent book. the W-N can be used to help in digestion if taken with meals, it helps insure that the food is digested completely, but taken in between meals it helps LD, it helps with inflammation and there is significant evidence that it can directly attack and kill lyme bacteria. I've talked to my LLMD and my endocr. about taking it and they both agree it is an excellent supplement that can be taken with antibiotics also. I wouldn't continually take it month after month though if you get it take breaks like every other month. and don't take it without discussing this with Dr. F. first. Since I started it I do feel a little more energetic, but what I have found is that I stopped having night sweats completely. I usually have them bad every night, I have to change my tee shirt or gown in the middle of the night every night. But no night sweats at all since the second day on them. It's amazing. My LLMD tried for 6 months to get my NS's to go away with just ABX's. And this supp. did it in 2 days. Well, I hope this helps, and good luck with everything. Remember the more you know the better off you are, research everything! Sincerely Sarah
    Sarah,

Wow , So much info. That Wobenzym N seems like it would be good for me. It could help me with digestion and inflamation. I have really bad leg cramps. It feels like it's in my muscles. When I stretch, it hurts. It usually hurts worse when I'm on antibiotics. I'm not sure if it's the Lyme doing that or something else. I will talk to Dr. F. and ask about the Wobenzym N.

Thanks for all of the info on yeast infections. Yes, I have been married for 13 yrs and today was our aniversary Common sense would tell me that I would be giving it to my husband but I guess I just never thought of it. I wasn't sure though if it was yeast or a bladder infection they could get. I have both at the moment

Have you ever heard of Sam-E? It's supposed to be good for mood, joint pain and an antioxidant for your liver.

Just wondering if you ever had your hormones checked? Lyme can also mess with your hormones. Mine are low right now and I've also been dealing with that. I have night sweat every once in a while. I'm more moody than anything though.

Hugs
    Chantel

Old 05-01-2007, 03:00 AM   #24
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
    Hi Chantel. Just a reminder to wait at least two hours before or after taking the anitibiotics to take the acidophilus.
    Hi Ticker,

I have a nurse I see here that gives me supplements and she told me with the bifadus to only wait about 15-30 minutes before taking the antibiotic.

I will talk to her again and see what she says. Thanks though.

Chantel

Old 05-01-2007, 06:34 AM   #25
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Sarah. I had a severe case of Babesiosis and had to treat it long-term more than once. I was treated with Mepron and Zithromax each time.

My doctor uses IgeneX for testing. I think they are the best lab for Lyme and co-infection testing. They can test for everything except Mycoplamsa. Many Lyme doctors use MDL in NJ for Mycoplasma testing.

I know it is expensive getting tested and treated especially when more than one family member is infected.

Yes, a lot of doctors across the country tell patients that Lyme does not exist in their area. I guess when ticks get to their states they turn around! Yeah right!

Old 05-01-2007, 08:13 AM   #26
    sarah92202
    Veteran
    (female)

sarah92202 HB User

Ticker are you well now? Did you have any other co-infections. What were your main symptoms. i see you on the board all the time, but know nothing about you, other than you are very knowledgable! sincerely, Sarah

Old 05-01-2007, 08:31 AM   #27
    sarah92202
    Veteran
    (female)

sarah92202 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chantel2003 View Post
    Sarah,

I have really bad leg cramps. It feels like it's in my muscles. When I stretch, it hurts. It usually hurts worse when I'm on antibiotics. I'm not sure if it's the Lyme doing that or something else.
    Yes, I have been married for 13 yrs and today was our aniversary Have you ever heard of Sam-E? It's supposed to be good for mood, joint pain and an antioxidant for your liver.

Just wondering if you ever had your hormones checked?
    Hugs
    Chantel
    Chantel!!! I would say yes the leg cramps are worse because of the ABX's, make sure you are drinking ALOT of water, this will help your stomach too. Congratulations on your Anniversary!!!
    I have heard of Sam-E I took it 8 years ago when I was very sick, I probably didn't give it long enough to help, it made me feel more sick, so I stopped, but I find that with alot of supplements.
    Yes I have had my hormones checked right now I have addrenal insufficiency thta is pretty bad, my Endocr. wanted me to take Cortef, but i said no because of the Lyme, so he said for me to take pregnenolone for 8 weeks and then retest to see if that helps, and then if it's not he will put me on 5mg of Cortef, because he feels that my adrenals are failing and we have to do something to stop it, even if it is taking a low dose steriod. I have been refusing the steriods for 4 years and my cortisol went from producing half in the morning and normal other times, to now producing less than a 1/4 all the time, so it is pretty severe. He also says that I have hypothyroidism, but not real bad, he put me on Armour, but it was the most disgusting smelling stuff in the world, it smells like pig crap, no joke!!!
    How are you feeling? Keep us informed Sarah

Old 05-01-2007, 10:07 AM   #28
    ktp812
    Inactive
    (female)

ktp812 HB User

Sarah
    My doctor did put me on Cortef. I am also producing only about 1/4 during the entire day except at the 10pm reading. I am extremely physically exhausted all the time. I have a few good hours in the morning but other than that it is horrible. How do you cope with this? I am on a high dose of cortef since the lower dose did nothing for me. I know since I have Lyme it is not good to be on it but I think he felt I needed it. I have been on abx for 6 months and the physical exhaustion for me is still the worse. I am going to ask for a recheck of my CD-57 next week. It seems as though since he changed me to ceftin I am not doing as well. I want to go back on the amox/probenecid and stay on the ketek. I feel that was helping me the most.
    Kim

Old 05-01-2007, 11:56 AM   #29
    sarah92202
    Veteran
    (female)

sarah92202 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ktp812 View Post
    Sarah
    My doctor did put me on Cortef. I am also producing only about 1/4 during the entire day except at the 10pm reading. I am extremely physically exhausted all the time. I have a few good hours in the morning but other than that it is horrible. How do you cope with this? I am on a high dose of cortef since the lower dose did nothing for me. I know since I have Lyme it is not good to be on it but I think he felt I needed it. I have been on abx for 6 months and the physical exhaustion for me is still the worse. I am going to ask for a recheck of my CD-57 next week. It seems as though since he changed me to ceftin I am not doing as well. I want to go back on the amox/probenecid and stay on the ketek. I feel that was helping me the most.
    Kim
    Kim, we are kind of at a catch22 huh, have you had any bad side affects from the Cortef? I am so afraid to take it. I'am going to stick to this pregnenolone, Biotin, WobenzymN, trial for a little while and see if it helps. I honestly don't know how I am making it through the day, not very well I would say. But I have noticed more energy with the W-N. I woke up before the alarm today and stayed up, alot of times the alarm goes off and I just turn it off and go back to sleep. I did do more this past weekend than usual, but my husband noticed me spacing out and weaving in Hobby Lobby and took me out of there quick to go eat. I feel exhausted all day everyday, no better in the morning or at night. I'm going to have my husband read your post because he doesn't understand how bad I really feel. He has been more understanding since seeing my latest test results though. Has your doc given you diet restrictions? UHG! I'm hating this! Have you ever read the book Adrenal Fatigue The 21st Century Stress Syndrom by- James L. Wilson? It is a very informative book, I would recommend it to anyone, even Lymies, I would bet we all have some type of adrenal problems.
    In my honest opinion I wouldn't take amox. it is a cell wall inhibitor, meaning it causes the spirochetes( not all) to hide in the cell walls during treatment and then when you stop they come back out into the bloodstream and multiply. The best choices are doxy, zythro, Biaxin, minocycline, and for cyst form- Flagyl, tinidazole, paquenil. Also I was looking up some stuff about Zelnorm being pulled of the market and it mention Ketek also, it is causing severe liver damage. So, please check into that before you take it, Sincerely, Sarah

Old 05-01-2007, 12:37 PM   #30
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Sarah. I am still being treated. I have had Lyme and four co-infections. That is why I am always telling people how important it is to be tested for them. Treatment cannot be optimal until you know which infections are present.

Closed Thread