It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• My Lyme test results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-03-2007, 09:01 AM   #46
    sarah92202
    Veteran
    (female)

sarah92202 HB User
    Re: My Lyme test results

[QUOTE=Chantel2003;2959952Oh boy! I tell you. You sound a lot like me. I was also told I may have addrenal exhaustion. How do they test for that? The doctor I was seeing at the time made me depressed so I stopped going to her. I want to have hope not think I am going to die!
    I too have hypothyroidism. I was diagnosed in 2003. My numbers were way off back then and I felt soooo bad. All I wanted to do was sleep all the time. That's weird that youlose weight like that. I gained when I first found out that's what I had. It took me a while to finally start loosing. I started off taking Armour and found it worked really well for me. I took it for a while, even started to fonally lose weight. I had been trying for so long and didn't know why I couldn't lose until I found out it was my thyroid. I switched to synthroid but all that does is make me real anxious so I'm going back to Armour. I find it has less side effects even if it does smell bad, lol. It is made from a pig thyroid. You knew that right? LOL
    I'm feeling better today. I had a weird thing happen to me this morning that has kind of been going on for a few months now off and on. I wake up suddenly and feel like I'm going to pass out, then my stomach kind of burns. It scares the crap out of me. I have no clue what's going on. Beiseds that though, my legs have calmed down a little and I'm feeling better

Thanks for asking,
    Chantel

Chantel, my doc did a 24 hour saliva Cortisol test, it's a kit that the lab sends you to do at home. you test four times in a day and it tells you how much cortiso, DHEA and progesterone your body is producing It also has a Total Salivary SIgA on it and post-prandial insulin, mine are all depressed, which is sooo depressing, LOL. I know what you mean about the anti-dep. I was prescribed them in 97 when I first started getting sick, we had just moved here toTexas 2 months before when I got the rash and headaches and my new doc. did the Elisa and it was neg. so he told me I had Post-tramatic stress syndrome from the move. He gave me Paxil, and I felt like I was a space cadet, I stopped it after a week. I had never been depressed and knew it wasn't because of the move. I HAD LYME!!!
    As for the hypo. I have half hyper/half hypo symptoms, you know when they tell you to look at the chart and tell them which side you fit on, mine are split, but test results show within normal ranges, but endo says not normal to him. Yes I do know the Armour is made of pig. I had to stop taking it though because, my husband and I had only been married 18 months when I was put on it and he said I smelled like the pill and it was gross, talk about embarrassing! and I noticed the smell real bad when I urinated, do you notice this? I didn't feel since my numbers weren't too bad that it was worth it to affect my new relationship like that.
    As for your morning feelings I don't know about the burning stomach, but alot of mornings over the last 8-9 years I feel faint and nauseated when I get up. I can't satnd up for very long. I haven't been able to take showers(have to take baths) for years or I feel faint and sick. I have had the burning in my stomach, but i found out it was from Nyquil burning my esphagus. I used to take it every night to sleep after I stopped the Elavil. Had to stop the Elavil because I couldn't drive my kids to school after taking it the night before. Not good. Take care Sarah

Last edited by sarah92202; 05-03-2007 at 09:04 AM. Reason: spelling!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2007, 04:59 AM   #47
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

[QUOTE=sarah92202;2960717][QUOTE=Chantel2003;2959952Oh boy! I tell you. You sound a lot like me. I was also told I may have addrenal exhaustion. How do they test for that? The doctor I was seeing at the time made me depressed so I stopped going to her. I want to have hope not think I am going to die!
    I too have hypothyroidism. I was diagnosed in 2003. My numbers were way off back then and I felt soooo bad. All I wanted to do was sleep all the time. That's weird that youlose weight like that. I gained when I first found out that's what I had. It took me a while to finally start loosing. I started off taking Armour and found it worked really well for me. I took it for a while, even started to fonally lose weight. I had been trying for so long and didn't know why I couldn't lose until I found out it was my thyroid. I switched to synthroid but all that does is make me real anxious so I'm going back to Armour. I find it has less side effects even if it does smell bad, lol. It is made from a pig thyroid. You knew that right? LOL
    I'm feeling better today. I had a weird thing happen to me this morning that has kind of been going on for a few months now off and on. I wake up suddenly and feel like I'm going to pass out, then my stomach kind of burns. It scares the crap out of me. I have no clue what's going on. Beiseds that though, my legs have calmed down a little and I'm feeling better

Thanks for asking,
    Chantel

Chantel, my doc did a 24 hour saliva Cortisol test, it's a kit that the lab sends you to do at home. you test four times in a day and it tells you how much cortiso, DHEA and progesterone your body is producing It also has a Total Salivary SIgA on it and post-prandial insulin, mine are all depressed, which is sooo depressing, LOL. I know what you mean about the anti-dep. I was prescribed them in 97 when I first started getting sick, we had just moved here toTexas 2 months before when I got the rash and headaches and my new doc. did the Elisa and it was neg. so he told me I had Post-tramatic stress syndrome from the move. He gave me Paxil, and I felt like I was a space cadet, I stopped it after a week. I had never been depressed and knew it wasn't because of the move. I HAD LYME!!!
    As for the hypo. I have half hyper/half hypo symptoms, you know when they tell you to look at the chart and tell them which side you fit on, mine are split, but test results show within normal ranges, but endo says not normal to him. Yes I do know the Armour is made of pig. I had to stop taking it though because, my husband and I had only been married 18 months when I was put on it and he said I smelled like the pill and it was gross, talk about embarrassing! and I noticed the smell real bad when I urinated, do you notice this? I didn't feel since my numbers weren't too bad that it was worth it to affect my new relationship like that.
    As for your morning feelings I don't know about the burning stomach, but alot of mornings over the last 8-9 years I feel faint and nauseated when I get up. I can't satnd up for very long. I haven't been able to take showers(have to take baths) for years or I feel faint and sick. I have had the burning in my stomach, but i found out it was from Nyquil burning my esphagus. I used to take it every night to sleep after I stopped the Elavil. Had to stop the Elavil because I couldn't drive my kids to school after taking it the night before. Not good. Take care Sarah[/QUOTE]

Hey Sarah,

I will have to find another doctor and have that tested for sure. I feel like there is so much going on right now and I am spending way too much money lately. Blah.....I just want to feel better. My legs started hurting again this morning. Well really, it's an all over body ache but my legs hurt the worse. I know that if my body doesn't have enough T3 in it, it can cause muscle pain. I'm wondering if that's what's going on since I had switched to synthroid for that short while. It doesn;t have T3 or T4 in it. Armour does though. I guess I will have to just take the Armour and see. I can't take it everyday though because I get real wired out and anxious. Does it do that to you?

No, I never found my urine to smell bad while on the Armour at all. If I smelled bad, my husband didn't say so, lol.

Hey, thanks so much for all the info you've been giving me. It's helping me out a whole lot.

Chantel

Old 05-04-2007, 06:15 AM   #48
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Chantel. I take Armour also. Maybe your dose was raised too quickly if you got wired and anxious. Or you may do better on a T4 med like Synthroid and adding a T3 med like Cytomel.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:49 PM   #49
    sarah92202
    Veteran
    (female)

sarah92202 HB User

Chantel, maybe it was the brand of armour that I got. Does yours smell like pig crap when you sniff in the bottle? Mine says Armour Thyro 30mg by Forest. maybe I can get another brand that isn't so bad. I'm not gonna take this stinky stuff, LOL I have not tried the synthroid. Wow we really take alot of stuff don't we!! I took my son to the IM today and she put him on Mobic because his neck, back and legs are hurting so much, have you guys heard of this pain med? Usually nothing he takes does any good, but within 20 min. of taking it he said his back pain was completely gone. I had never heard of it before.
    Ticker, does your Armour smell bad? Sarah

Old 05-04-2007, 07:18 PM   #50
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Armour is pretty stinky, but it really does not bother me. For me it works much better than Synthroid because it is a T3/T4 med.

I have not heard of Mobic. I am glad it helped your son.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:22 AM   #51
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ticker View Post
    Hi Chantel. I take Armour also. Maybe your dose was raised too quickly if you got wired and anxious. Or you may do better on a T4 med like Synthroid and adding a T3 med like Cytomel.
    Hi Ticker,

I am very sensitive to medication so I am on the lowest possible dose of synthroid and was also on the lowest dose of Armour too. I was on 50mcg of synthroid and 15mg of Armour. I don't know what is going on with me lately. Sometimes I feel cold and sometimes I'm hot. It's weird. And my mood seems to go up and down too. When I take any thyroid medication, it makes my heart feel like it's skipping a beat. That T3 and T4 mix sounds good though. I've heard of others taking those two together. I am making an appointment this week(hopefully) with a new endo and will talk to him about it. Thanks for the info. I had forgotten about being able to take those two meds together.

Chantel

Old 05-07-2007, 02:26 AM   #52
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sarah92202 View Post
    Chantel, maybe it was the brand of armour that I got. Does yours smell like pig crap when you sniff in the bottle? Mine says Armour Thyro 30mg by Forest. maybe I can get another brand that isn't so bad. I'm not gonna take this stinky stuff, LOL I have not tried the synthroid. Wow we really take alot of stuff don't we!! I took my son to the IM today and she put him on Mobic because his neck, back and legs are hurting so much, have you guys heard of this pain med? Usually nothing he takes does any good, but within 20 min. of taking it he said his back pain was completely gone. I had never heard of it before.
    Ticker, does your Armour smell bad? Sarah
    Yes, Armour smells really bad, LOL. I made my husband smell it when I was first put on it and he nearly vommited, LOL. But once I swollow it, I'm fine. I don't smell it in my urine or taste it in my mouth at all. You may just be a little more sensitive to smells and taste than we are. It's possible.

I've never heard of that pain med. I'm so sorry he was in so much pain. Poor baby! I couldn't imagine having to see my child go through that. You must be a strong mom for sure. I'm so glad he feels better on it though.

BIG HUGS!
    Chantel

Old 05-07-2007, 02:28 AM   #53
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ticker View Post
    Armour is pretty stinky, but it really does not bother me. For me it works much better than Synthroid because it is a T3/T4 med.

I have not heard of Mobic. I am glad it helped your son.
    Ticker,

Have you ever heard of anyone having muscle cramping from having thyroid problems? I guess I should visit the thyroid board and ask there.

Chantel

Old 05-07-2007, 05:37 AM   #54
    sarah92202
    Veteran
    (female)

sarah92202 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chantel2003 View Post
    Yes, Armour smells really bad, LOL. I made my husband smell it when I was first put on it and he nearly vommited, LOL. But once I swollow it, I'm fine. I don't smell it in my urine or taste it in my mouth at all. You may just be a little more sensitive to smells and taste than we are. It's possible.

I've never heard of that pain med. I'm so sorry he was in so much pain. Poor baby! I couldn't imagine having to see my child go through that. You must be a strong mom for sure. I'm so glad he feels better on it though.

BIG HUGS!
    Chantel
    Chantel, I hope that you are doing OK, I hadn't heard from you in a few days and was wondering how you were.
    I looked up that med. She asked if he needed any pain med. like Ultram or Darvocet, and i didn't really want him on such strong stuff, she asked if I had heard of Mobic and I said no, she said she would give him 2 weeks of samples. I looked it up, it is basicallly, Vioxx, celebrex, it's a COX-2 Inhibitor that is used for RA, OA, Or JRA. I am kind of afraid for him to take it because of the problems that people have had with VIoxx & Celebrex. Plus, it said studies have not been done on childen under 18, but says it is used to treat JRA, so it's kinda confusing. I was really wondering why she pres. this med. His sed. rate is 1 and has been for years. He said it helped his backache, and asked me Sat. to please give him another one. I gave it to him, but told him to alert me if he felt any racing heartbeat or strange chest pain or pressure. It doesn't seem to bother him, but i'm not going to give it to him every day. He goes back on ABX's next week, doc said 6 more moths on BIaxin, Plaq. & min. then she will switch plaq. with flagyl for 3 months and he should be done with ABX's by then. I hope so.
    About the Armour, I have an extremely sensitive nose, like a bloodhound, I guess that's because I am practically blind, LOL--when my husband smeeled in the bottle hesaid it was the sickest thing he had ever smelled and said it smelled like pig ****! Does Synthroid smell? Thanks for all the advice, kep in touch, Sarah

Old 05-07-2007, 05:47 AM   #55
    ktp812
    Inactive
    (female)

ktp812 HB User

Sarah
    I take synthroid and it doesn't smell at all. It is just a little light purple pill. I am not sure why the doctor chose that over armour. I had a good Saturday and a really bad Sunday. I woke up alright but then I got a bad sore throat and just felt terrible. That has been one of my worse herx symptoms. I ended up in bed most of the afternoon and it was so beautiful here yesterday. How are you doing?

Chantal
    I have had muscle cramping and I am on synthroid. I had it very bad in my calfs, feet and hand at one time. That was way in the beginning of all this before I was being treated. I am not sure if it is a symptom of low thyroid or not but I did experience the cramping.
    KIm

Old 05-07-2007, 05:58 AM   #56
    sarah92202
    Veteran
    (female)

sarah92202 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ktp812 View Post
    Sarah
    I take synthroid and it doesn't smell at all. It is just a little light purple pill. I am not sure why the doctor chose that over armour. I had a good Saturday and a really bad Sunday. I woke up alright but then I got a bad sore throat and just felt terrible. That has been one of my worse herx symptoms. I ended up in bed most of the afternoon and it was so beautiful here yesterday. How are you doing?

Chantal
    I have had muscle cramping and I am on synthroid. I had it very bad in my calfs, feet and hand at one time. That was way in the beginning of all this before I was being treated. I am not sure if it is a symptom of low thyroid or not but I did experience the cramping.
    KIm
    Hi, Kim I'm sorry that you didn't feel good Sunday. I hope you are doing better. I will have to check with my doc about Synthroid, maybe it just wasn't right for my levels. Isn't it confusing trying to figure out what symptom is caused by what, is it the Hypo, the AI, or the Lyme. I had the leg cramps years ago, but I stopped drinking so much Dr. Pepper and more water and the have pretty much stopped. But everyone is different, and i wasn't on any thyroid meds when having the leg cramps. My husband started taking ABX's--Biaxin & plaq. 12 days ago and he has had severe fatigue and a really bad sore throat for 4 days now. I keep telling him it is a herx. But he still insists he doesn't have LD. My son doesn't get the cramps in his legs, but in his feet, and if he sits or lies down for very liong without moving his whole right leg falls asleep. We are med. mysteries huh! I am doing OK, up since 5 AM, not like me at all. Pregnenolone seems to be helping with fatigue, but started back on ABX's 2 days ago, so will feel more like crap in a few days. Looking forward to that!!LOL Sarah

Last edited by sarah92202; 05-07-2007 at 05:59 AM.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:26 AM   #57
    ktp812
    Inactive
    (female)

ktp812 HB User

Hey Sarah
    I am on my may out for my liver blood work. Was your husband diagnosed with Lyme? I am wondering if my husband should be tested or start abx. What exactly is pregnenolone? Maybe if would work better than the cortef for me. I feel really sick today. I usually just get the bad sore throat but today I just am not doing well. Kind of like a flu. I have so much to talk about with my doctor next week. I hope you are having a good day. Someone around here should huh???
    Kim

Old 05-07-2007, 02:13 PM   #58
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Chantel. Yes muscle cramping can be a thyroid symptom.

The thyroid board here is great--a lot of helpful people.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:30 PM   #59
    sarah92202
    Veteran
    (female)

sarah92202 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ktp812 View Post
    Hey Sarah
    I am on my may out for my liver blood work. Was your husband diagnosed with Lyme? I am wondering if my husband should be tested or start abx. What exactly is pregnenolone? Maybe if would work better than the cortef for me. I feel really sick today. I usually just get the bad sore throat but today I just am not doing well. Kind of like a flu. I have so much to talk about with my doctor next week. I hope you are having a good day. Someone around here should huh???
    Kim
    Kim, sorry that you are feeling bad today, I'm right there with ya!
    my husband has not been diag. with LD, but I think he may have it, I want him to take the Igenex test but he doesn't want to pay for it. He hasn't met his deduct. and with me and our son sick the bills are drowning us. About 2 months ago he got the flu like symptoms and he had a ring like rash on his stomach, he gets bites all the time from insects because he replaces windows and has to crawl around in bushes outside all day. Right now he has a bite that has a clear center with a ringed bruise around it on his arm(has anyone seen this in LD?) and a circular red bumped rash on his neck neck. anyway, after the flu-like symp. his neck started hurting and has been stiff constantly and he is so fatigued he can barely work, his legs hurt, his wrists hurt. Sound familiar. so, since my son was on Holiday for a month I started giving my husband my sons ABX's (don't recommend this anyone else, but I'm doing it) now he feels even worse, sore throat, extreme fatigue, heavy head, dizziness, nausea, lethargy, and he is having small twitches & tremors. And just seems confused and out of it. Sound familiar? I told him, if he didn't have LD, the ABX's wouldn't be affecting him that way. I want him to go get tested but he won't, he doesn't want to know. MEN!!! But at least he has agreed to take the ABX's, but I am afraid he is going to stop, because he feels so bad. Plus, my son went back on his ABX's today, so my husband is going to have to go get his own. As for me ugh! today, has been exhausting, I don't know why I woke up at 5, by 8:30 I wanted to go back to bed, but couldn't.
    Pregnenolone is a suplement that is suppose to regulate your adrenals naturally. Don't know if it is working or not yet, but we will see when endo retest cortisol in 6 weeks. I hope that everything went good for you today. sincerely Sarah

Old 05-07-2007, 03:32 PM   #60
    ktp812
    Inactive
    (female)

ktp812 HB User

Sarah
    Yeah, bad day for me. I spent most of the afternoon in bed. My throat is so sore and I just feel bad..My herx doesn't seem to have a pattern at all. I had a sore throat for 4 straight months after starting the ketek. In March when he switched me to ceftin and ketek it started coming and going. It is hard to believe that after 6 months on these abx there are still bacteria around. I know I was sick for 2 years but wow I never knew how bad this illness was. I live in NH and most people and Doctors don't know anything about Lyme.
    I am going to ask the doctor about that supplement. I am taking the 5HTP but I am not sure what that is suppose to be doing for me. I think he will switch the cortef doses around. He has to do something UGH. He doesn't do the IV's so if he thinks I need to have that I will have to go to someone else.
    My insurance co. didn't pay for the Igenex test. I want to have another one done and another CD-57. I am going to ask next week. Thank goodness the insurance takes care of most of the abx. The ketek is still very expensive though. Lets hope that tomorrow will be a better day for us. Take care
    Kim

Closed Thread