It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Do antibiotics always cause "herxes"???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-22-2007, 10:39 AM   #16
    Beachgirl0916
    Inactive
    (female)

Beachgirl0916 HB User
    Re: Do antibiotics always cause "herxes"???

I havent heard both responses, just like you do with any doctor.

Some people have been cured of Lyme by their alternative approach (they uses alternative and antibiotics I believe)....this is what I have been told by people who have been to the Rhinebeck Healh Center...

I would give them a try, go for a consult---they are close to you. If you dont like them. Pursue other options.

Ticker--what did you hear??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2007, 09:45 PM   #17
    mere71
    (female)

mere71 HB User

I am herxing now, but I have not always herxed on diffrent abx - also herxes are so varied - joint herxes are more obvious nut neuro herxes can be less so b/c if you get serious depression for a spell you wonder if its that or just b/c you have this crappy illness - i did the LLMD thing for years - i did 1.5 years of IV's combined with orals at 12K/mo and after my picc was finally pulled b/c I became septic( nurse didnt follow protocol when changing dressing) I relapsed within 1 month despite being on 5 different oral abx.....now I am off all IV's for 6 mos and have been trying the marshall protocol - so far no relpase nad herxes are noticeable but tolerable. I was so sick as soon as I took teh BEnicar teh pain melted away! Now it comes in teh form of herxes but again - maneagble unlike when I have full blown Lyme. Even if you do not have Lyme and have "fibro" a cop-out dx IMHO - this protocol treats for that as well! So YAY! I wouldnt discount this LLMD - he is I am sure aware of this treatmnet and may be more open to it than other drs. Also without Benicar in the MP many wont herx much or at all with ABX alone. ) Best wishes - whatver you have Lyme or Fibro - I belive can be beaten and a healthy life awaits.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:14 AM   #18
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Mere71, welcome to the board!

I am sorry your line became septic and that you relapsed. Do you have any co-infections?

I am glad this protocol is working for you.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:16 PM   #19
    mere71
    (female)

mere71 HB User

Yes I had positive IGG/IGM for Ehrlicia and Positive IGG for Babesia, Bartonella and positive igg/igm EBV - But after reading up on the "bacterial soup theory" that the MP posits, I am inclined to belive that lyme and co-infections were just the trigger to send me over the edge into total disfunction based on a long history of milder symptoms prior to my rembered tick bites.....in other words I prob alreayd had some pretty major bacterial build up of who knows what before the tick bite.....
    B/c their is so much crossover in symptoms its hard to know if my body is really dealing with an active infection for Babs and Bart - b/c Im not IGM positive or maybe I am and its just subclinical and teh testing doesnt pick it up.....

Speticimia is deadly but ya know - it felt way better than Lyme ever has! I had my picc reinserted after I relpased and I belive if you trust your nurse or your self to handle the dresiing change I wouldnt worry - but I wish I had started the MP insetad of all teh IV's i did - some of which like Rocephin and Primaxin actually CAUSE Cell wall deficient forms of bacteria to grow!!! Yikes!

Old 04-23-2007, 04:59 PM   #20
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi mere71. I am sorry you have so many infections. I have had several co-infections also. There are many common symptoms.

Does this protocol address the co-infections also?

A lot of poeople do well on IV antibiotics. I am sorry they did not help you. These diseases definitely affect people differently. What may work for one person may not work for another.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:37 PM   #21
    harvick29
    (female)

harvick29 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ticker View Post
    I have not heard good things about Dr. Bock.
    I have appointment with Dr Bock in two weeks. Now I am concerned about going there. I noticed this was from 2002. Maybe you have heard good things since.

harvick29

Closed Thread