It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Oral antibiotics with disseminated disease?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #31
    cbsoapfan
    (female)

cbsoapfan HB User
    Re: Oral antibiotics with disseminated disease?

I love my PCP, but (and this is a huge butt) I have not been back since getting a diagnosis. My husband was insistant that it was tick related. My PCP thought there was no way it could be. So she sent me here and there and everywhere to get diagnosed. I love that she believed me (who here has docs don't believe them .. raise their hands), but she had a hard time believing that my symptoms were coming from a tick bite and if they were, wouldn't I be cured yet? To appease me, she put me on several rounds of antibiotics just in case it was an infection of some sort.

Can't believe that we see the same doc. Small world. Do you go to any of the other forums on Lyme? I visit two other forums.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #32
    bubbalyme
    (female)

bubbalyme HB User
    Wink Re: Oral antibiotics with disseminated disease?

That is really quite funny that your husband said it was tick related. My husband did too. He was convinced just by all of the stuff that was going on with me that I had lyme. I wasn't sure, knew nothing about lyme, but was so desparate agreed to go to Dr. J's office in Charlotte. I have visited one other board and maybe my husband started out on some of the boards as well. I am very nervous the day after tomorrow I start Biaxin. I have had reactions to drugs and don't want to revisit them again.
    I do hope you are getting better. Have you read the guidelines to treatment yet. There is one by Dr. Burrascano and one by ILADS, there is also a patient conference sometime this year. I think you have to enroll by July. We were thinking about going but lyme is an expensive disease to have and we just can't do it this year. I lost the paper, I think it is hope to heal lyme.
    I seem just to be scared all the time. It does seem to affect my mental well being a lot these days and I wake up in these moods.

How do you manage the three hours with the IV of vitamins. I am taking orals but must add more to my regimen.

Well, have a good night.

Michelle

Old 05-11-2007, 02:45 AM   #33
    cbsoapfan
    (female)

cbsoapfan HB User

That conference is in June. You're right. Lyme is an expensive disease to have. Wish the conference were free (only expense being hotel & food).

The IV's are actually easy. Mine is longer than 3 hours. I got there at 11:45 and didn't leave until 4. She must have put it on a slower drip than the others because they came in after me and finished before I did (sucked for me eh?). Then I get a glutathione added at the end of it.

Scared. That's a good portion of how I feel all day every day.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:40 PM   #34
    bubbalyme
    (female)

bubbalyme HB User

I tried to remind myself that there were more horrible things than what is happening, but it is really hard.

What did you manage to do for 4 hours? I would imagine, that can get quite tedious, did you at least fall asleep. You might have to get a portable DVD player or some soothing mediation. I was supposed to get some vitamins today and see J (vitamin guy). But I just couldn't bother to get myself up there so I will try for Monday.

My other non llmd told me it might take a couple of years so he gave me some luvox for possible depression. I haven't taken it yet. I thought a cruise would work better.

I wonder if one would get in trouble for not keeping on the thread topic.

Oh well, have a good weekend, I will check back later

Old 05-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #35
    cbsoapfan
    (female)

cbsoapfan HB User

I bought a portable DVD player just for the time. I think I heard him say he might be up there tomorrow. I'm not sure and dont' quote me, but he had just moved into the new room and was talking about this "weekend" (to me that means Satuday) getting everything in order. J usually doesn't work weekends (I think he works at a retail store on the weekends), but the way he was talking about cleaning up his area made it seem like he was working on Saturday.

So if you found yourself up there tomorrow, I am having my IV at 8:45. I'll probably be the only "young" looking person there with headphones stuck in my ears watching a DVD. All the people up there seem to be older. I've been there twice now for IV's and out of the 15 or so people, there was only one other that was young. And during the times I was there in the room without the IV (blood draw or just check in tme for dr. appt), I didn't see any other young folks. ...

I used to take antidepressants. I believe that the Lyme must have changed the chemicals in my brain because they weren't as effective as they used to be. So I'm not taking them anymore. I was taking them more for anxiety anyways. For the most part I feel pretty good emotionally. I feel more overwhelmed than anything and who wouldn't feel overwhelmed with Lyme Disease.

I start my antibiotics again on Monday. I'm nervous of course.

Like I said, I have to to the CC (you know what that stands for) tomorrow for IV's so if you want to pop in I'll be there. I'm guessing I'll be there from 8:45 to 11:45 (maybe longer, but I thought they closed at noon when they open on Saturdays).

I guess we could take this conversation to "email."

Closed Thread