It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• My CD57 Results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-10-2007, 04:37 AM   #1
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User
    My CD57 Results

Okay, I have no clue what all of this means because my doctor hasn't gone over it with me yet. I asked the nurse to fax me over some other lab results and I think she accidentally faxed this over too. Anyway, this is what it says. I'd appreciate anyone's input or opinion

It says:

CD57 for Lyme Disease
    White Blood Cell Count 12.9 Range 4.0-11.0
    Lymphocyte % 2.9 Range 1.9-4.8
    Absolute Lymphocytes 3.7 Range 1.0-4.0
    Percent CD3 88 Range 61-84
    Absolute CD3 3282 Range 960-2600
    Percent CD57 1 Range 3-17(I think it's a 3)
    Absolute CD57 24 Range 60-360

So, it looks like 5 of them are out of range. Anyone know what this all means?

Thanks,
    Chantel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2007, 04:48 AM   #2
    FlaGal1
    (female)

FlaGal1 HB User
    Re: My CD57 Results

Chantel-

From what my CD57 test said and how my Dr. explained it...The absolute where the range is 60-360...you are very low. They want that much higher, also where the percentage portion is...I believe you said yours was 3...That also is low. My absolute was actually 360 and my percentage was 8.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:56 AM   #3
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FlaGal1 View Post
    Chantel-

From what my CD57 test said and how my Dr. explained it...The absolute where the range is 60-360...you are very low. They want that much higher, also where the percentage portion is...I believe you said yours was 3...That also is low. My absolute was actually 360 and my percentage was 8.
    Hi FlaGal

My Absolute was 24 and my percent was 1. Does this mean I have Lyme for sure? What exactly does this test mean?

Chantel

Old 05-10-2007, 05:10 AM   #4
    FlaGal1
    (female)

FlaGal1 HB User

It is my understanding (as I VERY MUCH) had gone through what you are going through...do I really have Lyme, or are they missing something else..etc etc... That the CD57 Test is used specifically for LD and according to your numbers (as my Dr. explained to me) you DO have LD. If I am remembering correctly, you also had some bands on your Igenex Test postive as well right? What bands were positive? Mine was very few positive, and some IND's..but coupled with the CD57 Test Dr. C was very positive on my having LD. Let me know

Old 05-10-2007, 05:19 AM   #5
    FlaGal1
    (female)

FlaGal1 HB User

I just found where you posted your results, and yours and mine are almost identical. On the IGM Bands 23-25, yours was neg. and mine was IND...that is the only difference in our tests. Dr. states if you have and IND or POS under bands 39 and 41..then ya got LD.

I too like you, would love to keep thinking I have anything and I mean almost anything other than LD...However, there comes a point where you just got to accept it, treat it, fight it and get well.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:29 AM   #6
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
    I just found where you posted your results, and yours and mine are almost identical. On the IGM Bands 23-25, yours was neg. and mine was IND...that is the only difference in our tests. Dr. states if you have and IND or POS under bands 39 and 41..then ya got LD.

I too like you, would love to keep thinking I have anything and I mean almost anything other than LD...However, there comes a point where you just got to accept it, treat it, fight it and get well.

Hey FlaGal,

Thanks so much for explaining it to me the best that you could. I guess I just would like to know for sure. Those antibiotics tear my stomach up so much. I'd hate to take it for so long and not have Lyme.

I'm wondering, do you have thyroid problems too?

Chantel

Old 05-10-2007, 05:54 AM   #7
    FlaGal1
    (female)

FlaGal1 HB User

Yup, never did until this past year. The Endo says not enough for meds yet..but very high Thyroid Antibodies and my Free T3 and T4 are at the very low end of scale. Really should be on some meds...but hanging out for another 6 months to see what shows up in the bloodwork then. He said I am going to be Hypo, very close to it now.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:20 AM   #8
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
    Yup, never did until this past year. The Endo says not enough for meds yet..but very high Thyroid Antibodies and my Free T3 and T4 are at the very low end of scale. Really should be on some meds...but hanging out for another 6 months to see what shows up in the bloodwork then. He said I am going to be Hypo, very close to it now.
    FlaGal,

That's weird. It seems like so many people with Lyme have thyroid problems. I am hypo myself and it is so miserable at time. I started off with thyroiditis and 3 years later was hypo. No one in my family has this that's why I wonder if Lyme has something to do with it.

Chantel

Old 05-10-2007, 08:02 AM   #9
    FlaGal1
    (female)

FlaGal1 HB User

Chantel-

I am pretty sure LD MUST have something to do with it. I too have no family history of any type of thyroid disorder and never had an issue until I became very ill with the LD. It seems like many people here on the LD Boards have the same issue as us.

I had kept hoping that it was "only" my thyroid making me so tired and muscle pain..by it is very obvious that my thyroid is not the main cause. What ABX's are you on now and for how long? My memory needs some refreshing

Old 05-10-2007, 08:03 AM   #10
    FlaGal1
    (female)

FlaGal1 HB User

I also think you and are are probably pretty close in age considering you had one just graduating from HS. This getting older certainly does not help with our hormones either and I think that plays a part in it as well.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:00 AM   #11
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
    Chantel-

I am pretty sure LD MUST have something to do with it. I too have no family history of any type of thyroid disorder and never had an issue until I became very ill with the LD. It seems like many people here on the LD Boards have the same issue as us.

I had kept hoping that it was "only" my thyroid making me so tired and muscle pain..by it is very obvious that my thyroid is not the main cause. What ABX's are you on now and for how long? My memory needs some refreshing

Hey FlaGal

Yes, I do think that LD has a major part in how exhausted we feel. I think my muscle pain is a combination of not having the right dosage of thyroid meds and LD. I am going to see a new endo next week and see what he says. I am hoping he is a lot smarter than some of the ones I've seen.

I was put on Levaquin 500mg but it tore my stomach up real bad. I've had ulcers before and I think I am dealing with them again. So, I haven't really taking anything yet because of that. I am acually waiting for my dcotor to call me back to see what to do next. I will let you all know.

Chantel

Old 05-16-2007, 09:04 AM   #12
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
    I also think you and are are probably pretty close in age considering you had one just graduating from HS. This getting older certainly does not help with our hormones either and I think that plays a part in it as well.
    Hey again

Yep, my oldest is graduating tomorrow. I have been praying so hard that I feel good for her graduation. I had a bout of exhaustion hit me really bad for about two weeks. These last few days have been horrible so I have been praying real hard to be able to make it to her graduation and feel good. I am 36 years old and still feel like I have a lot of life left in me. I hate this disease and I hate having to plan everything around how I feel. It's sad. And yes, you're right, this getting older thing does not help at all.

Hugs hun,
    Chantel

Old 05-16-2007, 09:48 AM   #13
    sarah92202
    Veteran
    (female)

sarah92202 HB User

Chantel, I'm sorry that you still aren't feeling good, Tell your daughter congrats on graduation. I read your CD57 report that you posted for Ticker, your CD57 is real low. That is a sure sign of LD. I'm sorry sweetie, this is an awful disease, I have to do the same thing, plan things around how I feel, and not do everything in one day, or pay for it for 3. Yesterday I had to decide whether to do the laundry,( I have 3 teenage boys and a ten yr. old daughter, lots of laundry) or go to the grocery store, for 3 months my husband went for me, but he is working extra hours and days to pay med. bills for my son and I so I am forcing myself to do it. It sucks!! I feel bad for him, and feel terrible physically, but have to do this because he is exhausted too. Take care of yourself, I know it's hard but try noto to stress yourself about the grad, that will just make you feel worse physically. Sincerely, Sarah

Old 05-16-2007, 02:40 PM   #14
    Bill S
    Inactive
    (male)

Bill S HB User

From the research I did on the CD-57 test, the ONLY thing known to lower the numbers is Lymes. A 24 absolute number is quite low. Lyme docs want to see you above 60 (I presented to my current doc with a 78, and was quite sick). Looks to my non-expert opinion that you are a fellow Lymie...sorry to say.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:18 AM   #15
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sarah92202 View Post
    Chantel, I'm sorry that you still aren't feeling good, Tell your daughter congrats on graduation. I read your CD57 report that you posted for Ticker, your CD57 is real low. That is a sure sign of LD. I'm sorry sweetie, this is an awful disease, I have to do the same thing, plan things around how I feel, and not do everything in one day, or pay for it for 3. Yesterday I had to decide whether to do the laundry,( I have 3 teenage boys and a ten yr. old daughter, lots of laundry) or go to the grocery store, for 3 months my husband went for me, but he is working extra hours and days to pay med. bills for my son and I so I am forcing myself to do it. It sucks!! I feel bad for him, and feel terrible physically, but have to do this because he is exhausted too. Take care of yourself, I know it's hard but try noto to stress yourself about the grad, that will just make you feel worse physically. Sincerely, Sarah
    Sarah

I am so happy tp hear from you. I was a little worried. I won't ask you any questions on how you are feeling here because I've already asked you in another post

I feel the exact same way as you. If I push myself to hard one day, I suffer for 2-3 days. I just wish I was really sure this was Lyme. Everything points that way but I have so many other things going on I just don't know anymore.

Does a low CD57 mean I have Lyme or could it mean something else? I still haven't heard from my doctor. I've been calling since last Tuesday. That is unusual for him to not call me back. I feel so anxious waiting to see what he has to say and what we will do next. Blah!

You're husband reminds me of mine. He has been doing so much for me lately. Working and doing extra's for me..........I know he's tired and I feel bad because he has to do it. Some days, I am so tired, I can't even run to town to get them all something to eat so my husband(on his late days), has to get off of work and go do that for me. I sure hope this gets better soon.

Btw, how is your son doing?

Hugs hun,
    Chantel

Closed Thread