It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• What does Advanced stage lyme mean?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-21-2007, 11:56 AM   #1
    kittyvfs
    (female)

kittyvfs HB User
    What does Advanced stage lyme mean?

Hello everyone...

A year and a half ago I was bitten by a few ticks...one of which was on me for atleast 3 days. I thought it was a scab and didnt pay much attention to it until 3 days had gone by and I gave it a closer look. I became slightly sick about a week later and had a swollen lymph node in my groin area(the general area the tick had been) I didn't pay much attention to that as everyone I knew was telling me I was silly to think it was Lyme, and my neices and nephews had come down with strep at the same time, so just figured I had a touch of that or something! So, anyway, ever since then I have been experiencing different things. The frustrating part is I had already been on a certain med that had given me some side effects which are the same as lyme. After coming off my other meds, I have since had unexplained aches, shakes, anxiety, pressure in the head, sore spot on bone on vertabrea, just not feeling right, etc etc. I cannot say they are extreme yet and my question is, what makes an advanced stage? Is it the severity of the symptoms, or the amount of time you had the infection? My doctor doubts I have it, but has sent me to get tested due to my request. I asked for the western blot, not just the elisa. I know that the testing for lyme is still up in the air as far as accuracy and criteria, but what else can I do? If my tests come up negative, then I might ask for the Igenex testing kit to be sent to my doctor, although I know he will think I am crazy. I can't say for sure I have lyme, but what I know is, something is not right, and I keep having something else wrong with me. I do not feel good in general, and it's very depressing....it is getting worse lately. I get that feeling you get right before you come down with the flu, but yet I don't get the flu, or even a fever Even now I have pink eye after having a urinary tract infection. I just keep getting things. Although it's not an extreme, my balance just seems a bit off, I can't even do 2 simple spins when dancing w/o feeling dizzy like I just went round and round and round. It just feels off, you know? Anyway, I would like to know if the severity is equal to what stage you are in, or the time?

Thankyou to anyone who responds , and good luck to us all in figuring this thing out!!!!

Just to clarify....Developed IBS due to accutane...heart palpitations from Spironolactone, and since have been diagnosed with acid reflux, got this sore spot on my bone, wierd aches, pressure in my head, headaches on sides of head above ears, and just don't feel right, and never know from day to day how I will feel. Have better days than others. All this sounds bad, and it is to an extent, but I can not say it is in any extreme to where I am unable to live. I would say the biggest problem is my head pressure and not feeling good, but no reason as to why. Had all the usual blood work up, and had a ct scan for my head, xray on back...all normal. Even had a heart monitor hoooked up for a month, and was told I just have a slight palpitation becuase something does not close up right occasionally( sorry, not the best explanation!) Even now I feel sick, don't know why...tomorrow I might make a whole day and feel normal...just seems to be getting worse, which is why tomorrow I am going to the lab to get tested.

Will let you know what happens. Bye for now and take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
    Aquaticgirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Aquaticgirl HB User
    Re: What does Advanced stage lyme mean?

It sounds to me like you have Lyme Disease, my dear. All of the symptoms you mentioned sound like Lyme Disease symptoms.

There are 3 stages of Lyme Disease and the third one is the advanced stage, which is the most devoloped stage. It is also called Chronic Lyme Disease. A person could get to that stage if they have not been treated enough or at all. After some time, it is chronic and you generally don't feel right.

The only doctors that truly understand Lyme Disease (and won't call you crazy!) are LLMDs (Lyme Literate Medical Doctors). It is so important to see one if you suspect that you have Lyme Disease because they can treat you correctly and without a positive 'test'.

If I were you, I wouldn't even bother with those dumb tests. They are known to give false positive and negative results.

I'm sorry you're sick. I hope that you get help and better soon!
    ~Victoria

Old 05-21-2007, 03:01 PM   #3
    kittyvfs
    (female)

kittyvfs HB User

Thank you so much for replying. I only have a minute to respond...and am still a bit confused I guess on what stage you think I might be in? Like I said, none of my symptoms are at horrible levels, so does that mean I'm not advanced?

Thank you again.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:33 PM   #4
    Aquaticgirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Aquaticgirl HB User

You're welcome. I'm glad to help.

I think that a person could be in the advanced stage without having extreme symotoms. You have neurological symotoms, which means that you are likely in the advanced stage regardless of how intense your symptoms are.

Where do you live? I could help you find a LLMD in your area if you'd like.

Closed Thread