It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Sarah....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-03-2007, 03:07 AM   #31
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User
    Re: Sarah....

Hey Kim,

I'm so glad you feel better. These past few days I've been feeling a little better. I will make sure I go to my next appointment. They almost didn't take me this last time for reschedualing so much. I just can't help it though when I'm feeling bad.

I've been taking advantage of this past few days by going outside and enjoying life. I've been sitting on my swing outside and listening to the birds chirping and just enjoying everything about life. I know this may sound corny but I haven't been able to do that in a while and it feels real good.

I hope you get your tests results back soon and I hope everything is okay.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you what leaky gut is. When the intestinal lining becomes damaged, larger substances, such as disease-causing bacteria, undigested food particles, and toxins, pass directly through the damaged cells. The immune system is alarmed and antibodies and substances called cytokines are realeased. Cytokines alert white blood cells to fight the particles. This fight produces oxidants, which cause irritation and inflammation throughout the body.

Here are the symptoms:

Symptoms include: abdominal pain, asthma, chronic joint pain, chronic muscle pain, confusion, fuzzy or foggy thinking, gas, indigestion, mood swings, nervousness, poor immunity, recurrent vaginal infections, skin rashes, diarrhea, bed-wetting, recurrent bladder infections, poor memory, shortness of breath, constipation, bloating, aggressive behavior, anxiety, fatigue, feeling toxic.

Chantel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2007, 03:09 AM   #32
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Sarah,

I'm sorry you're still feeling bad hun. I definitely know how you feel. I wish we wouldn't have to go through all of this. I guess it will just make us stronger in the end though.

I hope you feel better soon and enjoy your trip to WA.

Chantel

Old 07-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #33
    sarah92202
    Veteran
    (female)

sarah92202 HB User

Kim and Chantel, I had a long message for you two yesterday and then got interrupted and didn't get to finish it. I hope that you are both doing well. and I hope you enjoyed the 4th. I have an appt. Monday and then I leave wed. for Washington. I wish you both wellness. Chantel sorry to hear about your leaky gut. The symptoms sound just like Lyme too, that's what is scary, how do we know when we have something else wrong with us! I hope that gets better soon. Kim any progress with the sore throat? Are you still having it. I get one about 15 minutes after I take the Cortef but then it goes away after a few hours. Take care both of you, sincerely Sarah

Old 07-06-2007, 05:46 AM   #34
    ktp812
    Inactive
    (female)

ktp812 HB User

Hey Chantel and Sarah

We did have a very nice 4th. We went down to my sisters house in Mass and had a cookout. I was exhausted by the time we got home and that was only seven thirty at night. I guess I can't complain because last year at this time I wouldn't have even be able to go. Some days are better than others. I still have the major fatigue most days which is also sometimes bad from the start or it just comes over me. The sore throat is everyday and again some days worse than others but always here. I took cortef a couple years ago for my Crohn's and never had a sore throat or any other side effects. I was on it for about 2 months. I got the sore throat after starting the abx so I guess I still have to believe that is the cause. I see the doctor on the 16th.

If you have any news about you appt. and have a chance to post to let us know what went on with it. How is the cortef going for you? I had my adrenal book out again last night and it does say 2 months to 2 years to recover. Plus with Lyme I am sure that is slowing the whole process down. Somedays I just feel as though I will never get well. I hope you have a wonderful vacation in Washington and don't do too much! Take care Sarah

Chantel
    How are you doing? Are you on any medications at all right now? I am so tired of taking so many pills and not really having any results. The only thing I can say has helped is the cortef. Maybe the abx are too and I just don't realize it. I am still waiting on my co infection tests. I am kind of sure they will be negative. I have to go again for thyroid testing on monday. If you have time write a post and let us know how you are doing. Have a nice weekend. Take care Chantel

Kim

Closed Thread