It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Sarah....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-04-2007, 06:11 AM   #1
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User
    Sarah....

How have you and your son been? Are you both feeling any better? I haven't heard from you in a while and was worried

Chantel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2007, 08:23 PM   #2
    sarah92202
    Veteran
    (female)

sarah92202 HB User
    Re: Sarah....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chantel2003 View Post
    How have you and your son been? Are you both feeling any better? I haven't heard from you in a while and was worried

Chantel
    Chantel, I was thinking of you also. How have you been? I have been having really bad wrist pain lately and it is so hard to type. I have been lurking more than replying. I also am going through that, just don't have the energy to use my brain, thing. I turned off the phone and have been hiding from everyone. It's a Lyme thing!! I wish I could just go to Mexico and lie on the beach for, well, like the whole summer. My son is doing OK, it's kinda weird, he has been back on ABX's for 3 weeks now after a month off, and he isn't herxing at all. I think maybe he has become resistant to them and they need to be changed up. I hope that everything is going good for you. Thanks for thinking of me! Take care of yourself, sincerely, Sarah

Old 06-05-2007, 05:13 AM   #3
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sarah92202 View Post
    Chantel, I was thinking of you also. How have you been? I have been having really bad wrist pain lately and it is so hard to type. I have been lurking more than replying. I also am going through that, just don't have the energy to use my brain, thing. I turned off the phone and have been hiding from everyone. It's a Lyme thing!! I wish I could just go to Mexico and lie on the beach for, well, like the whole summer. My son is doing OK, it's kinda weird, he has been back on ABX's for 3 weeks now after a month off, and he isn't herxing at all. I think maybe he has become resistant to them and they need to be changed up. I hope that everything is going good for you. Thanks for thinking of me! Take care of yourself, sincerely, Sarah
    Hey Sarah!

I have been having the exact no energy thing as you and I turn my phone off just like you. I leave my cell phone on so important calls can get through if need be. I don't think things would be so bad for me if this exhaustion wasn't around. I've found that if I can, I try to do things to keep me going. I had two stray cats come visit me and one is pregnant. I've been taking care of them and I am sooooo looking forward to helping that little cat have her babies even if it is just a few minutes a day. It keeps me going for some reason. I guess I have something to look forward too.

What is going on with your wrist? Is it from the Lyme or do you think it's carpol tunnel(sp?).

Is your son feeling any better even if he's not herxing?

Girl, I wishI could go lie on a beach somewhere too. Wouldn't that be relaxing.

Anyway, if I can make it, I go see Dr. F. on Thursday. I will let you know how it goes. I should be starting treatment soon.

Hugs hun,
    Chantel

Old 06-05-2007, 06:12 AM   #4
    ktp812
    Inactive
    (female)

ktp812 HB User

Hey Chantel and Sarah
    Can I come to the beach with you? I am having a rough time too with the tiredness and now really dry burning eyes. I tried to get my GP to give me something for the eyes but he wouldn't. He said I should see a eye doctor. So now I will just have to buy stock in the artificial tears companies. Since I started back on the amox/probenecid I can feel the difference. My throat is sore 24/7 and just body fatigue. I would love to take a break from the abx. Sarah, did your sore throat go away and have you started the cortef. It will make a difference in time. It really has with me. Maybe your son does need a change in abx. I have switched a couple times and always get the herx. Chantel, I love cats! We always get ours from the shelter and they are always the friendliest,most loving cats.Which abx are you taking? I can't remember what you had said. Just wanted to say hello and I will meet you guys on the beach!
    Kim

Old 06-05-2007, 09:05 AM   #5
    sarah92202
    Veteran
    (female)

sarah92202 HB User

Quote:
    Hey Sarah!

I have been having the exact no energy thing as you and I turn my phone off just like you. I leave my cell phone on so important calls can get through if need be. I don't think things would be so bad for me if this exhaustion wasn't around. I've found that if I can, I try to do things to keep me going. I had two stray cats come visit me and one is pregnant. I've been taking care of them and I am sooooo looking forward to helping that little cat have her babies even if it is just a few minutes a day. It keeps me going for some reason. I guess I have something to look forward too.

What is going on with your wrist? Is it from the Lyme or do you think it's carpol tunnel(sp?).

Is your son feeling any better even if he's not herxing?

Girl, I wishI could go lie on a beach somewhere too. Wouldn't that be relaxing.

Anyway, if I can make it, I go see Dr. F. on Thursday. I will let you know how it goes. I should be starting treatment soon.

Hugs hun,
    Chantel
    Chantel, good luck with your appt. let us know how it went, and good luck with the cats, I am allergic or I would have one too. I don't think that my son is really feeling any different than he did a month ago. Not worse though either, so that is good. But he still has the fatigue and neck pain that keeps him from being active, so he is not over this yet. My wrist pain is from the Lyme, I fell on the left one 2 years ago and the lyme attacked it and it never healed. My nero says I have a pinched nerve in my left wrist and elbow, a pinched nerve in my right elbow and nerve damage in the right arm. He also said that I have Carpel tunnel in both wrists. And some type of weird muscle damage in my left arm/shoulder. It's the Lyme, and it sucks!!!
    Which beach should we go to? I love Cozumel!!! the closest beach I have is Galvaston, which is yuk!! well next to Carribean beaches anyway. Keep in touch, Sarah

Old 06-05-2007, 09:10 AM   #6
    sarah92202
    Veteran
    (female)

sarah92202 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ktp812 View Post
    Hey Chantel and Sarah
    Can I come to the beach with you? I am having a rough time too with the tiredness and now really dry burning eyes. I tried to get my GP to give me something for the eyes but he wouldn't. He said I should see a eye doctor. So now I will just have to buy stock in the artificial tears companies. Since I started back on the amox/probenecid I can feel the difference. My throat is sore 24/7 and just body fatigue. I would love to take a break from the abx. Sarah, did your sore throat go away and have you started the cortef. It will make a difference in time. It really has with me. Maybe your son does need a change in abx. I have switched a couple times and always get the herx. Chantel, I love cats! We always get ours from the shelter and they are always the friendliest,most loving cats.Which abx are you taking? I can't remember what you had said. Just wanted to say hello and I will meet you guys on the beach!
    Kim
    Kim, I'm ready to go when you are!!! Sorry that you are still feeling bad. I only had the sore throat for the first day, I think it was just over exhersion. I have been taking the cortef for 5 days now, but only 10mg not 20. I have felt more joint pains and my lower back has been hurting really bad. this seems to be the case when I take steriods, that's why I try to keep away from them, but this time it outways the Lyme risk, so I don't really have a choice. I haven't started the DHEA though, stil contemplating. Hope that you have a good day, Sarah

Old 06-05-2007, 02:07 PM   #7
    ktp812
    Inactive
    (female)

ktp812 HB User

Hi Sarah
    I guess I am lucky I don't have side effects from the cortef. I don't like taking it either but like you said we really have no choice and now that I am noticing a difference I am more reassured it was the right thing. My GP tested me for Hepatitis C yesterday because I have a couple tattoos. He said my symptoms also match that. I am pretty sure I was already tested when I first got sick. I am glad your sore throat went away. Mine is bad today, my whole neck is sore. I see the Lyme doctor on the 14th. Did your doctor recommend the DHEA? I think I would wait and see how the cortef does before taking it. Maybe you won't need to. Well, I have to pack for NC. I am really afraid how I am going to manage but I want to see the boys so I have to go. Wish me luck and I will write when I get home on the 11th. I hope you have more good days then bad.
    Kim

Old 06-05-2007, 05:55 PM   #8
    sarah92202
    Veteran
    (female)

sarah92202 HB User

Kim, i hope that you have a good time in NC, try not to get too exhausted. The doc gave me a prescription for the DHEA to take to a compounding pharmacy, because I said that if I had to take it I wanted it compounded not OTC. Sorry your neck is hurting so bad. My son is complaining about the pain in his neck too, I feel so bad for him. take care of yourself and I will chat with you when you get back!!! Sarah

Old 06-07-2007, 04:13 AM   #9
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
    Hey Chantel and Sarah
    Kim
    Kim

I'm so glad to hear from you girl! I was just about to post and ask how you were doing too. You've been on my mind. You know, I have dry eyes too. In fact, I've been having it off and on since last year. My internist thought I had syogrens(sp?) syndrome but it came back negative. It's starting to bother me again. I'm not sure if it's allergies or the Lyme. I've been using an over the counter eye drop called Naphron. It seems to help a little. You may want to try it out. Ask your doctor first though.

I LOVE cats too. I LOVE animals period. I have two dogs and a cat inside and those two kitties outside. Talk about green acres around here, lol. It gives me something to do though and I think it keeps me going.

I wonder why your throat has been hurting for so long? What did your doctor say about that?

P.S.- Let's meet at the beach!

Chantel

Old 06-07-2007, 04:24 AM   #10
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sarah92202 View Post
    Chantel, good luck with your appt. let us know how it went, and good luck with the cats, I am allergic or I would have one too. I don't think that my son is really feeling any different than he did a month ago. Not worse though either, so that is good. But he still has the fatigue and neck pain that keeps him from being active, so he is not over this yet. My wrist pain is from the Lyme, I fell on the left one 2 years ago and the lyme attacked it and it never healed. My nero says I have a pinched nerve in my left wrist and elbow, a pinched nerve in my right elbow and nerve damage in the right arm. He also said that I have Carpel tunnel in both wrists. And some type of weird muscle damage in my left arm/shoulder. It's the Lyme, and it sucks!!!
    Which beach should we go to? I love Cozumel!!! the closest beach I have is Galvaston, which is yuk!! well next to Carribean beaches anyway. Keep in touch, Sarah
    Sarah,

Oh my, I had a whole post written out to you and it's gone. If only I could remember what I said, lol. I think I babbled a little so that wasn't too important anyway.

You have so many things going on girl. I'm so sorry you have to go through all of that. When I start feeling bad, I will think about all the other people that are much worse off than me.

What are they going to do about your wrist? Will you have surgery?

About your son.....will they change his meds since he's not feeling any different?

You know, I'm not too far from you and I have been to Galveston beach many times

Are you still going see Dr. F.? I reschedualed my apt with him for next week because this week has been horrible for me and I'm not up for the drive.

Hugs hun,
    Chantel

Old 06-07-2007, 04:28 AM   #11
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
    Hi Sarah
    I guess I am lucky I don't have side effects from the cortef. I don't like taking it either but like you said we really have no choice and now that I am noticing a difference I am more reassured it was the right thing. My GP tested me for Hepatitis C yesterday because I have a couple tattoos. He said my symptoms also match that. I am pretty sure I was already tested when I first got sick. I am glad your sore throat went away. Mine is bad today, my whole neck is sore. I see the Lyme doctor on the 14th. Did your doctor recommend the DHEA? I think I would wait and see how the cortef does before taking it. Maybe you won't need to. Well, I have to pack for NC. I am really afraid how I am going to manage but I want to see the boys so I have to go. Wish me luck and I will write when I get home on the 11th. I hope you have more good days then bad.
    Kim
    Kim,

Good luck on your trip and I hope you are able to get out and do something at least for one day. Write to us when you get back

Hugs hun,
    Chantel

Old 06-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #12
    sarah92202
    Veteran
    (female)

sarah92202 HB User

Quote:
    Sarah,

Oh my, I had a whole post written out to you and it's gone. If only I could remember what I said, lol. I think I babbled a little so that wasn't too important anyway.

You have so many things going on girl. I'm so sorry you have to go through all of that. When I start feeling bad, I will think about all the other people that are much worse off than me.

What are they going to do about your wrist? Will you have surgery?

About your son.....will they change his meds since he's not feeling any different?

You know, I'm not too far from you and I have been to Galveston beach many times

Are you still going see Dr. F.? I reschedualed my apt with him for next week because this week has been horrible for me and I'm not up for the drive.

Hugs hun,
    Chantel
    Chantel, hope that you are doing good today!
    I never have gotten in to see Dr. F. They called about 2 weeks ago on a Mon. and asked if I could come in on Thursday. I live 6 hours from there, and my husband was in Corpus Christi working for 3 days, so I had to turn the appt. down. I don't know when they will call again. we are suppose to go to CT the end of July. I did have my endo sign my Igenex form to test for WA-1 Babesia though. at least I have found cooperative doc's who will test what I ask for. I wanted the results back before we go, so if it's positive I can get the treatment started then and not wait longer. As for my wrists, I don't want to have surgery because us Lymies don't handle surgery well, I will just deal with the pain I hope that you feel better next week for your appt. I know what you mean about the driving, I used to drive up to Lawton to see my grandmother before she died, it was a nine hour drive and it felt like nothing. Now the 2 hour drive to Houston is a killer, my arms hurt worse for days. I definately can't make the 6 hour drive to Dr. F's by myself. I feel like such a wimp!!! We will get over this though, and then we'll look back on it and maybe it won't seem so bad! Sarah

Old 06-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #13
    ktp812
    Inactive
    (female)

ktp812 HB User

Hi Chantel and Sarah
    I am here in NC sitting alone in the hotel room. Everyone went out to dinner but I was just too tired to go. I am having a great time though visiting with my sons. It is very hot and humid but I like it. I bought a big tube of eye gel and have been using that. They aren't as bad as a few days ago though.I do have an appointment with the eye doctor when I get home. Maybe she can give me a prescription for it. I have read about Sjorgens (sp). I only have the dry eyes as a symptom so I think it is Lyme related..
    It seems as though when my sore throat calms down a little, my eyes get better. It is so strange that way. The doctor says it is the bacteria toxins that are causing the sore throat. He also said the ketek is a huge reason for this. I would love to go off it for a week just to have a break. I see him next week and see what he has to say.
    I LOVE animals. I would have a houseful if I could. I would love to work for a vet or even volunteer at a shelter. But then I would want to bring them all home. I love chimpanzees too. I really am missing my cat Nicholas right now.
    Well, I am going to have something to eat, I think we have some fruit here and yogurt. It is very upsetting not being able to go out with everyone but I am doing what I can. Maybe next year I will be healthy and able to do everything. It has been sooo long. Hope you are well and I will write again if I get the chance.
    Kim

Old 06-07-2007, 08:18 PM   #14
    sarah92202
    Veteran
    (female)

sarah92202 HB User

Kim, glad that you were able to go see your son's, but sorry you couldn't go out with them. It will get better. You said the doc's tested for sjorgren's. It can cause sore throat, and definately the dry eyes, but many other things can cause those symptoms too. You're not having problems with dry mouth too are you. I know the rheumi's will give you a few crackers and tell you to chew them up and swallow without any water, and if you don't produce enough saliva to complete this task they will look into sjorgren's. Yes, I have been through that too. I found out it was the Elavil that was causing my dry mouth, but with a positive ANA they looked into everything multiple times, except LYME! I hope you have a good time, try not to exhaust yourself too much. Sarah

Old 06-08-2007, 02:49 PM   #15
    ktp812
    Inactive
    (female)

ktp812 HB User

Sarah
    I had a good time today too. I got back to the hotel early so I could rest up. It is so hot here 97 today. I am not use to this! I do not have a dry mouth. My eyes only started bothering me last fall and like I said before, the more sore my throat is, the drier my eyes. My throat is just scratchy today and my eyes are pretty good. I only had to use gel about 3 or 4 times. Somehow I think it is all connected. I am actually not as tired today as I was yesterday. I am staying behind again tonight just to be sure. I don't want to wake up exhausted tomorrow morning so I am just pacing myself. I am going out for a walk so I will catch up again soon.
    Kim

Closed Thread