It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• My appt today with Doctor Raxlen

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-06-2008, 05:19 AM   #136
    Kelly5907
    (female)

Kelly5907 HB User
    Re: My appt today with Doctor Raxlen

ILgal... Wow youll be in NYC to see Dr. R. on Valentines Day!!! Thats Great... You will be so happy you decided to do this.. you will not regret it.. In April of 07' I became very sick almost overnight.. My symptoms were more central nervous system then anything.. I had the shakes, chills, low temp, low blood pressure, lightheadedness, dizziness, weird feeling headaches, weight loss, anxiety, palpatations and MORE.. I went to 20+ doctors and spent weeks in the best hospitals around.. Noboby could figure it out.. During that time the only thing that was coming up positive was my lyme tests.. 4 different ones.. and my dr's would tell me that I had 4 false positives.. I thought that was impossible so I went for the spinal tap which also came back positive for lyme and my neuro said again it was a false positive.. I thought I was going to DIE.. I honestly couldnt go on like that anymore.. I knew the only thing I had to go on was my positive lyme tests.. So after some research I found Dr. R.. Made an appointment and on Aug 1st, I went to see him.. The best day of my life.. He told me that day that I actually had lyme and bartonella.. He started me on a heavy dose of antibiotics and supplements that day while I waited for approval for my picc line.. I was on biaxin, plaquenil and omnicef.. I couldnt believe within a few days I started feeling a little better.. then two weeks later I got my blood results back and sure enough I had lyme and bartonella.. a week after that I had my PICC put in and started 12 weeks of IV Zithromax and oral minocycline.. I had great improvement on that.. not 100% but much better.. After 12 weeks of that he wanted me on 12 weeks of IV levaquin to target the bartonella.. Thats where Iam now..Iam on my 15th day of IV levaquin.. each day I get better and better.. Its a really long road.. but I thank God for Dr. R.. He was the only one who listened and helped me.. You will see soon enough.. He is an Angel !!!!

Kelly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #137
    IL_gal
    (female)

IL_gal HB User

Wow you were so sick! Thanks for the update and advice Kelly! Glad you are feeling better. Will you be finished after your 12 weeks of Zithro or do you have to wait to see? Thanks also to Rye Beach.. I will add the extra sheet to my return packet for Dr. R. Thanks to you both for the support.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:05 AM   #138
    Kelly5907
    (female)

Kelly5907 HB User

IL Gal.... Who knows when I will be done... Hopefully after this treatment... Keep us posted

Old 01-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #139
    ryebeach
    (female)

ryebeach HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IL_gal View Post
    Wow you were so sick! Thanks for the update and advice Kelly! Glad you are feeling better. Will you be finished after your 12 weeks of Zithro or do you have to wait to see? Thanks also to Rye Beach.. I will add the extra sheet to my return packet for Dr. R. Thanks to you both for the support.
    Good luck with your appoint I have startedd on levaquin as well as mepron zithro Iv so wish me luck
    Take care and wishing you good health soon
    Ryebeach

Closed Thread

Tags
    biaxin, ceftin, cipro, flagyl, minocycline, omnicef, requip