It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• My appt today with Doctor Raxlen

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-12-2007, 09:21 PM   #76
    Tony64
    (male)

Tony64 HB User
    Re: My appt today with Doctor Raxlen

Hi Kelly. Hope you feeling better despite your schedule herx reaction. I went to Dr. "R" yesterday and as usual, a very pleasant appointment. He added another med. and changed the rocephin dosage regimen for another six weeks. He also wants me to continue with zithro. and minocycline. For most part, I am feeling much better but still having some minor issues, mainly with muscle twiching and that numb-like feeling on face on/off. Dr "R" was happy with my improvement and feels confident I'll be ok. When are you going to see him again? Are you feeling ok?
    Hope all goes well with you.
    Good luck and keep me posted.
    Tony.

Last edited by Tony64; 10-13-2007 at 08:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #77
    itsmylife
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

itsmylife HB User

Kelly, it's too bad the product is so expensive, but I am noticing positive changes every few days...
    I had a phone consult today with Dr. R. He was super pleasant to talk to today...I told him I had to back off of the Zithro last week because I just couldnt tollerate the severity of the herxing along with the iv meds. To my surprise, he said can the zithro for now then and just still to the IV med...and we'll talk about pulsing orals later down the road.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:57 AM   #78
    lymesgal
    (female)

lymesgal HB User

Hi Itsmylife,

I just read this whole thread for the first time tonight, never noticed it before, and I was loving the story, just like everyone else, about you in NYC by yourself, it was a fabulous story! I enjoyed it so much, you should write a book! Seriously. You could do it from home and you wouldn't have to go out and work somewhere else. I couldn't stop reading it either, I had to keep going to the end!

There are just so many threads I can't read them all and keep up.

So....now I am wanting to go see Dr. R, too!

I'm really bummed out now since I just posted about my dr. saying that I may have LD forever since I didn't get better on the biaxin after almost two years....oh geez....

I guess I need to change to a PPO in a year so I can go see him for a second opinion. I was, until Oct. 1st, now I'm on an HMO and I can't change plans for a year....oh well, it will give me some time to try out this other protocol and IV my dr. has in mind. Who knows, maybe it will help...

Really, you should be a writer....it would be ideal for you. You had me picturing the whole story in my mind and it was great. For some reason, I don't know why, but I am picturing you with darker hair, full head of hair, not real short, and a beard??? Maybe not a real full one but a beard. At first you didn't have one, but later in the story you did???? Ha, funny how our minds make these little pictures up! You were wearing a light brown coat.

Now don't write back and say it's all true because it will freak me out!

Old 10-13-2007, 06:01 PM   #79
    Kelly5907
    (female)

Kelly5907 HB User

Tony... Iam glad your appointment went well... What new antibiotic did he add?? I go to see him on the 22nd.. Did you get approved by your insurance for another 6 weeks?? I hope its not going to be out of pocket for you.. I have a feeling he will extend my treatment as well... Im still having more good days then bad but iam so anxious to get 100% better.. ( if that ever happens).. Talk to you soon..

Rodney.. I also wish that the juice wasnt so expensive but something seems to be working.. I cant put my finger on it.. but its something.. When do you think you will start the zithro again?? Iam glad that you and the doc had a good conversation.. he is a good man.. did you feel that the phone consult was worth it or will you be going into the city next time?? I hope things are looking up for you... Keep me posted

Kelly

Old 10-13-2007, 11:43 PM   #80
    itsmylife
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

itsmylife HB User

Lymesgal, I'm 36 years old 5'11 270lbs and look very much like an offseason pro football player. I no longer have the chiseled features I had and my face looks puffy at this point with medium brown hair, cut short with shaped sideburns and hazel eyes. Very clean cut, lol...I was wearing shorts and leather sketcher sandals that day.
    Thanks for all you said.

Kelly, the phone consult went well. I have no choice, next month I have to be there in person since I have the PICC line in. I think he feels as long as I have the PICC line in, he is not worried about oral meds right now. He wants me to try Lexapro again. I have to think about it for the rest of the weekend. Those meds have always had the opposite reaction for me even after several weeks but he feels with treatment I should respond differently.

Last edited by itsmylife; 10-13-2007 at 11:46 PM.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #81
    Tony64
    (male)

Tony64 HB User

Hi Kelly. I'm now on mepron twice daily, zithro. twice daily, minocycline twice daily and rocephin 4 grams 4 days on / 3 days off. Hope all goes well with your appointment.
    Good luck and keep me posted.
    Tony.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:40 PM   #82
    Kelly5907
    (female)

Kelly5907 HB User

Hi Tony.. Thanks I have my appointment monday... Iam sure he will add mepron to my mix as well... How did you handle it?? Did you have any side effects?? I hope your feeling well... Keep in touch

Kelly

Old 10-20-2007, 07:50 PM   #83
    Tony64
    (male)

Tony64 HB User

Hi Kelly. No new stuff after one week of mepron, just waiting for it all to end.
    Good luck Monday and keep me posted.
    Tony.

Last edited by Tony64; 10-20-2007 at 07:51 PM.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:24 PM   #84
    Kelly5907
    (female)

Kelly5907 HB User

Hi Tony.. How has things been going? I hope your still feeling good... I was feeling good for about 3 weeks then I felt crappy for about a week and a half but things are getting better now.. I have my appointment tomorrow morning.. Ill write and let you know how it goes.. Take care

Kelly

Old 10-21-2007, 07:33 PM   #85
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi Tony. You are on very strong protocol.

You likely know this already, but make sure you eat something fatty when you take the Mepron or it will not be absorbed properly. Many people herx on day three and week three.

I hope your treatment goes well.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:27 PM   #86
    Kelly5907
    (female)

Kelly5907 HB User

Hi guys... I had my appointment with Dr. R today... As usual it went great... What a great guy... He is keeping me on the same meds.. IV Zithro and oral omnicef and minocycline.. He was going to add Flagyl (sp?) but instead he told me to try taking Colloidal Silver.. He said its good for lyme and if that doesnt work he will put me on the Flagyl.. He also added a script for physical therapy.. Iam really excited about that.. cant wait to start working out again.. he is also sending me to a therapist for a lyme evaluation to see if i have any cognitive issues due to the lyme, since alot of my symptoms were neurological...but he said that iam doing great and that I might be able to have my picc taken out with in a month.. He also draw blood again.. a new test he is doing is the Fry test... Did anyone ever hear of that one?? he is also repeating my co-infection test and my CD-57 test.. Hope everyone is doing well...

Kelly

Last edited by Kelly5907; 10-22-2007 at 05:13 PM.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:16 PM   #87
    itsmylife
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

itsmylife HB User

No Kelly, I have not heard of the FRY test. What is it?

Old 10-23-2007, 11:54 PM   #88
    itsmylife
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

itsmylife HB User

Colloidal Silver was the first product I ever used to combat Lyme. It was effective in my case as it did stop my severe symptoms of dizziness and imbalance.
    There were cased of "Argyria" a graying color of the skin reported many many years ago with a different product, Silver Nitrate. Some of these people looked like the tin man from the Wizard of Oz. I did a lot of research a couple of years ago and could not find and reported cases of Argyria from the current Colloidal silver being sold on the market. I would still research before making a decision on the most reliable manufacturer and I used 500 parts per million.

Siberian Ginseng or "Eleuthero" by Herb Pharm is powerful.
    Samento (TOA free Cats Claw) is powerful and Andrographis Paniculata was the most beneficial for me.
    "Healing Lyme" by Harrod Buhner is a must if you have not read it. He discusses all of these herbs at great length.

I trust Dr. R. and he did mention silver, but I herxed so hard off each of the herbs I mentioned alone, I don't know if I would want to try the Silver....

I herx so hard with the just IV meds I asked him if I could get off the oral Zithro and he was ok with that.

Let me know what you think!

Old 10-24-2007, 06:41 AM   #89
    J0J0
    Inactive

J0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB User

Hi there is controversary weather it will harm you or not. When I used it about 8 years ago. I was so flippin ill and my doc and I were just starting me off on antibiotics. I was doing B12 shots in my legs and decided "on my own" to inject the Collidal Silver in my legs...

At that time I saw no improvement. But I was a "real" mess....

Read all you can about it. Very interesting how they used it back in the olden days...for the plague and all...

How did doc tell you to use it? And how much. I hanen't heard of a doctor recommending this. This is pretty interesting.

Good luck with your treatment!

hugs

Old 10-24-2007, 07:08 AM   #90
    Kelly5907
    (female)

Kelly5907 HB User

Hi guys.. Thanks for your replies... Iam going to do some research on the silver... My doc said to give it a shot, that alot of his patients are seeing improvement on it... I believe he wrote down 5cc 2x a day.. Iam not very sure, I dont have the paper in front of me.. Ill let you guys know how it works... Thanks

Kelly

Closed Thread

Tags
    biaxin, ceftin, cipro, flagyl, minocycline, omnicef, requip