It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Zithromax

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-22-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
    bigstan
    Inactive
    (male)

bigstan HB User
    Zithromax

Hi everyone, I hope the new year brings to you your health and happiness back. My doctor has stopped the IV Doxy and we are starting IV Zithromax in the next couple of days. So at the beginning I did about 5 weeks of Rocephin, then about 6 weeks Doxy. I'd like to ask if anybody has had a positive response to Zithromax. I have such bad neurological problems and wonder if this drug will cross the BBB (Blood Brain Barrier). I also am concerned because I have ringing/hissing ears non stop day and night. My LLMD says a side effect of Zithromax is ringing ears. Like that's all I need. But if it stays the same and this drug works I could handle it. Nothing has really changed for me. I am still having problems with ringing ears, dizziness, headache, memory problems, anxiety, panic and other cognitive problems. The pain in my upper back between the shoulder blades is the worse.

Anyways if anyone has some comments on Zithromax I'd like to read them.

Thank You

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2008, 06:03 AM   #2
    Kelly5907
    (female)

Kelly5907 HB User
    Re: Zithromax

Hi... I did over 3 months on IV Zithromax and it was great.. I think you will see in the next couple of weeks a big difference..

Kelly

Old 01-24-2008, 02:47 AM   #3
    bigstan
    Inactive
    (male)

bigstan HB User

Thank's Kelly I appreciate it. I just want to see improvement. Anything, would help me so much mentally.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:33 AM   #4
    lumpy740
    (male)

lumpy740 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigstan View Post
    Hi everyone, I hope the new year brings to you your health and happiness back. My doctor has stopped the IV Doxy and we are starting IV Zithromax in the next couple of days. So at the beginning I did about 5 weeks of Rocephin, then about 6 weeks Doxy. I'd like to ask if anybody has had a positive response to Zithromax. I have such bad neurological problems and wonder if this drug will cross the BBB (Blood Brain Barrier). I also am concerned because I have ringing/hissing ears non stop day and night. My LLMD says a side effect of Zithromax is ringing ears. Like that's all I need. But if it stays the same and this drug works I could handle it. Nothing has really changed for me. I am still having problems with ringing ears, dizziness, headache, memory problems, anxiety, panic and other cognitive problems. The pain in my upper back between the shoulder blades is the worse.

Anyways if anyone has some comments on Zithromax I'd like to read them.

Thank You

Old 01-31-2008, 07:43 PM   #5
    Lebnin
    (female)

Lebnin HB User

Hi Bigstan, Zithromax has also been the best for my neurological stuff. I've only done it in pill form 250mgs twice a day. Good Luck with it !

Closed Thread