It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• migraines and Lyme

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
    Rodney99
    (male)

Rodney99 HB User
    migraines and Lyme

I am convinced that my main neuro problems are actually Migraine. All the criteria fit: Dizziness, tingling in the extremeties, difficultry concentrating, headache, photo-sensitivity, stiff neck etc. However, a migraine 24/7 for over a year and a half would be odd without the causitve factor being lyme disease. I was wondering how many Lymies out there have migraines as a symptom of lyme and if migraine drugs work for you. I have tried: propranolol, atenolol, Depakote and Elavil (all migraine drugs) and nothing has worked. Anyone with experience in this area?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2008, 06:31 PM   #2
    onmyway
    Inactive
    (female)

onmyway HB User
    Re: migraines and Lyme

Hey Rodney,

I am so sorry I have not called you. Have been really sick since this new protocal. I woke up this morning and was literally walking sideways. Ugh!!!!

I hate that feeling. It was so bad I just pretty much laid in the bed all day.
    This is always the symptoms that I get when I am treating the Bartonella. I thought before it was just the Levaquin but I think it is just a bart herx.

I got your message. The apppt went fine. There were some concerns from our Dr. why to treat Bartonella with Rifampin as well as Zithromax. But besides that it was fine. I did however get my CD 7 test results and i scored a whopping 15. It was the first time we ran this test. I was surprised it was this low since i have been on treatment for over a year! There are a lot of different feelings of what this test really means. I do know however that it definately only has to do with Lyme. It detects the Natural Killer Cells and only Lyme effects them. If you ****** it some really good articles. I am sure you may already know. You are very smart!!!!!!

Are you expreiencing major migraines right now? I had massive headaches when I first got sick and I felt like IV treatment helped with that!

I am also getting ready to start Nutritional IV's 1 x per week. This is coming from Dr. R. He is so wonderful. My husband and I are going to New York at the end of March for my second appointment! I am really excited to see the city. We are staying 4 days this time! Yeah!!!

I hope you are feeling better. I am surprised you are not at work. That was another reason I have not called. I know weekends are busy for you!

Talk to you soon!

Diane

Old 02-02-2008, 07:02 PM   #3
    Rodney99
    (male)

Rodney99 HB User

Hey D. I'm glad the appt went well. He is a cool doc to treat you through another doc like that. Did our doc do the cd57? I have been curious about that myself. What do you mean sideways? Dizzy? No I don't have classic migraines, I just have a theory that Lyme causes migraine like symptoms because of the neuro involvement with the infection. You know many people with migraine associated vertigo describe their symptoms to be very similar to what Lyme people feel. Who knows maybe they all have Lyme to. When I saw our doc last time he said we will treat for babs soon. He mentioned zithromax but not anything else. I tend to try not to play doc in front of him because I feel we have a good relationship, I well...I didn't go to med school! Anyway he added diflucan to my treatment to help me get my stomach back in shape after all these antibiotics. I hope it helps. I have actually read about a doc in germany that treats Lyme with diflucan. So who knows. Cya...get well soon.

R

Old 02-03-2008, 06:39 AM   #4
    onmyway
    Inactive
    (female)

onmyway HB User

Good Morning,

I hope you r doing well!

I am glad he will treat you for babs soon. He will probably add Mepron and another oral antibiotic like Omnicef or Flagyl. Who knows. He did however tell me the other day that a study just came out that shows you have to treat babs for a year. Yuck. I feel like I have been treating babs way more than the Bart. The bart is the one that I am having the most trouble with.

As far as sideways i mean when I walk, I walk to slightly to the left or the right of where I am trying to go. It is very weird. It is however much better today. I tried to let the dogs out the other day and i ended up way off form where the slider handle was. I could not control it.

Anyway I am hoping today is much better day.

Yes Dr. P did the CD- 57 all you have to do is ask him about it. It is done through *******.

Enjoy the Superbowl. I know we r looking forward to it.

My appt this week is at 2:15 so I think i may see you again if your are at your usual time. See ya then!

Diane

Closed Thread