It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Heart murmur - holy crap!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-28-2008, 03:40 AM   #1
    Lateralus112358
    (male)

Lateralus112358 HB User
    Heart murmur - holy crap!

I used to have a very mild heart murmur, but since I've been lymey, it has gotten really bad! To the point where I can hear my heart valve clicking if put my head to my pillow and plug my other ear with my finger.

What should I do? This actually has me a little scared.

PS - how does lyme disease cause a heart murmur? Am I looking at endocarditis or something? Because that would be terrifying and horrible.

I hate doctors.

Last edited by Lateralus112358; 03-28-2008 at 03:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
    lumpy740
    (male)

lumpy740 HB User
    Re: Heart murmur - holy crap!

mmm. strange thing isn't it. i never had any murmmur.now i get told i have mydrol valve prolapse..minor. but it was never there before the lyme.someone somewhere needs to get their head out of you know where and finally find a real cure for this thing they call lyme. eveyone here has been on all kinds of antibiotics and still feel like crap. i'm tired of it .

Old 03-28-2008, 06:41 PM   #3
    monarog
    (female)

monarog HB User

Oh yes...I actually saw a cardiologist yesterday. My heart palpitations and chest pain finally got to me too much, so I went for a consult. Not surprising to me my EKG was NOT normal, tons of premature ventricular complexes (PVCs). Now they want to schedule me for a battery of heart tests. I know anyone can have heart disease; however, I am not in the high risk category....age 46, very active (when I'm well enough these days), normal to even light weight, non-smoker etc. I've never had heart symptoms until the Lyme. I have only been on abx therapy for 3 weeks, am holding out hope that it will help improve these bothersome symptoms. In the mean time I am set up for a battery of tests beginning mid April - don't know what to think, ugh. Guess I just pray it keeps tickin' (sorry, bad pun) until my appointments roll around.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #4
    Lateralus112358
    (male)

Lateralus112358 HB User

so.......... what you're basically saying is that I should schedule with an appointment cardiologist?

I hate doctors.

Last edited by Lateralus112358; 03-28-2008 at 06:48 PM.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:07 PM   #5
    monarog
    (female)

monarog HB User

Well...I guess I would say that's up to you; but, if it's really freaking you out...yes, to be on the safe side I would probably see a cardiologist. I just figured I probably shouldn't mess with the heart stuff without getting it really checked out. I finally figured out the beast I'm battling and would like to get well and not have this heart stuff take me down. I put my $ that it's Lyme related, from everything I read, but even if Lyme related I think it can get pretty serious. Let me know what you decide and how things turn out. I'm sorry you're having these issues. Mona

Old 03-29-2008, 02:10 PM   #6
    lumpy740
    (male)

lumpy740 HB User

almost like you have to live on abx just to get out of bed. i dont think i will ever feel normal again.hope im wrong but if you read here and elsewhere it isn't encouraging at all.

Closed Thread