It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• is chronic lyme curable ?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #16
    chris0007
    (male)

chris0007 HB Userchris0007 HB User
    Re: is chronic lyme curable ?

Thanks Bill!

I've been growing increasingly sensitive to more foods over the last year to the point I'm almost down to about 20 foods or so that don't give me a problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2008, 07:35 PM   #17
    ktinbk
    (female)

ktinbk HB User

hi chris,

i also developed allergies to soy and corn. they said i was allergic to dairy too back when i first started getting sick (we didn't know it was lyme yet) so i stopped eating it for years, but i just started eating it again about 2 years ago and i've built up somewhat of a tolerance for it to the point where i can pretty much eat it regularly now. but i don't know that i'd suggest that for everyone.

the corn and soy make me feel terrible though. unfortunately, it might just be another thing that comes along with lyme. but i have found that it forces me to eat healthy whether i like it or not (which is obviously a good thing in the long run!). best of luck!

kt

Old 05-25-2008, 06:37 AM   #18
    chris0007
    (male)

Thanks for the reassurance Ktinbk,

It makes me feel better that I'm not really going crazy. So the question that I now have is, do people eventually start to feel better after antibiotic treatment, to the point they can live normal lives again? I keep ready that no one ever feels 100% again, but I'd just like to feel 75% again. I'm also concerned that it will be much harder for me, if I do have Lyme, to get better because I've had it for a year now and it wasn't caught early.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:43 AM   #19
    Bill S
    Inactive
    (male)

Bill S HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chris0007 View Post
    Thanks for the reassurance Ktinbk,

It makes me feel better that I'm not really going crazy. So the question that I now have is, do people eventually start to feel better after antibiotic treatment, to the point they can live normal lives again? I keep ready that no one ever feels 100% again, but I'd just like to feel 75% again. I'm also concerned that it will be much harder for me, if I do have Lyme, to get better because I've had it for a year now and it wasn't caught early.
    I had Lyme for 3 years, only got effective treatment after about 2.5 years. I'm at about 99.5% I'd say; the food allergies that developed after getting Lyme's are a real drag but I can't say they cause me real problems as long as I behave.

Energy-wise, fine, back to normal. Brain function is back to normal.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:26 AM   #20
    chris0007
    (male)

Bill,

Thanks again for the info. I hate to pester, but how bad where your symptoms? My joints and muscles are killing me, to the point of feeling partially disabled and my feet hurt very badly when I walk on them for more then an hour.

How long were you on antibiotics before you started to feel better?

Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOO much!

Old 05-25-2008, 12:29 PM   #21
    ktinbk
    (female)

ktinbk HB User

Hi Chris - I've most likely had Lyme since I was very young. I'm in my late 20s now, and probably got it before the age of 7. I got it again last August (which was definitely a blessing in disguise - we were finally able to figure out what was making me so sick for so many years). Even if you're in an extreme amount of pain now, you could still be "cured." It really depends on how aggressively you're treated (with both meds and supplements along with rest, etc) and how your personal body responds. I've only had 6 months of treatment, and I'm seeing progress already. During my good weeks, I feel amazing. If that's any indication of a light at the end of the tunnel, I'll take it. Even if you feel like crap while you're herxing, keep at it. I truly think it'll be worth it in the end.

Bill - Thank you so much for continuing to share your story on this board. It's stories like yours that keep me going even when I'm herxing and feel like I'll never get through this thing. Congratulations on such a great recovery!

kt

Old 05-25-2008, 03:16 PM   #22
    Bill S
    Inactive
    (male)

Bill S HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chris0007 View Post
    Bill,

Thanks again for the info. I hate to pester, but how bad where your symptoms? My joints and muscles are killing me, to the point of feeling partially disabled and my feet hurt very badly when I walk on them for more then an hour.

How long were you on antibiotics before you started to feel better?

Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOO much!
    I initially had really bad hip pain, to the point where I was hobbling around, and it progressed to extreme fatigue (was bed-ridden for most of the summer until I was diagnosed and treated with the "standard treatment" twice, to not much effect), a very stiff neck, really bad brain fog and confusion.

I recovered a little, enough to start work 5 months after initial symptoms, but had alot of trouble. I'd get a little better, and then frequently relapse.

Once I got effective treament going, it took about 1 1/2-2 months until I started to feel any better, with feeling pretty decent at about 4 months. I was on antibiotics (2) for 8 months.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:23 PM   #23
    chris0007
    (male)

Ktinbk and Bill,

Thank you both so much for sharing! Now, and I know this sounds weird, but I pray that I come back with a Lyme diagnosis so that I can begin the path to recovery!

I'll keep the board informed!

Thanks again!

Closed Thread