It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Strange neck sensation

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-05-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
    luckeeluke
    (male)

luckeeluke HB User
    Strange neck sensation

I wanted to ask how many other folks have had a "strange neck electric feeling." I guess it is similar to what some people would call a Lhermitte's sign (don't know if that's exactly what it is called). I also get stiffness, aches, popping, muscle tightness in neck, jaw, and shoulders. But the buzzing/electric like symptom really stands out as being more odd than some of the other stuff.

For me it seems to travel from the top of my neck/base of my head down to the middle of my back and disappears. Sometimes I get a mini one on my thighs and heels as well. It's not really that painful, just very strange feeling. A lot of the times it will happen when I bend my neck forward or tilt it to the side. A lot of times when I'm sitting down also.

I had this neck sensation for about the first three weeks of the Tetracycline- when I was feeling my worst. Then it seemed to go away. I have finished my Tetra and I can feel it coming back ever so slighly (probably only to get worse) after only 3 days of no antibiotics. I have had it at other times when I've had other short courses of antibiotics for other things over the past 3 years. However the other times it lasted for a month or two each time. This time it was only three weeks. I really wonder if it's the bacteria in the nervious system, getting killed off and then hiding/re-emerging and messing stuff up. I dunno.

I also have has similar muscle twitching/buzzing/electric zigs and zags in my things, legs, and feet/heels. The have increased substantially while on the Tetra antibiotics. None of it hurts that bad, just wacky.

I'd definitely like to hear about any similar neck/spine/electric buzzing/etc. experiences.

Last edited by luckeeluke; 06-05-2008 at 07:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2008, 06:07 AM   #2
    crc9
    (male)

crc9 HB User
    Re: Strange neck sensation

Hi,

I get all the neck, and shoulder popping pains like you do. That was the first symptoms that came on for me with lyme. They have gotten better with being on antibiotics off and on for the last year.

The electric buzz sensation I do get but I get that on the left side of my ribs. It goes or starts from my left side of my stomach and goes up under my arm pits. Wierdest feeling and hard to explain. I think my doctors think I'm nuts. I have a lot of rib pain, couldn even throw my dog the frisbee for awhile because it hurt so back. That has subiside also but still get some pain on the left side of my ribs under my armpits.

I did get bit and had the rash on the left side of my stomach, waist line area. I seem to have all of my problems on my left side. No problems or pains on the right side of my body/ribs.

crc

Old 06-06-2008, 07:09 AM   #3
    luckeeluke
    (male)

luckeeluke HB User

crc9,

Thanks for the reply. That's interesting that you were bitten on your left side and most of your symptoms involve your left side. I wonder how many people have a "unilateral" things happening and how many have a "bilateral" symptoms.

I was bitten twice (that I know of) on my left thigh, deer ticks, no rash, had a few little red bumps around the bites, possibly a really light rash I did not see at the times.

I have heard of other folks having a similar electric neck thing on other forums and stuff that I have read. I figured I'd post it up and see.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:39 AM   #4
    crc9
    (male)

crc9 HB User

Hi,

Never had these symptoms until I got bit by the tick. Completely healthly and exercised daily.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:01 AM   #5
    monarog
    (female)

monarog HB User

Hi,

I have this. My neck is not only very painful, but also feels like it's buzzing sometimes. Mine often radiates into my face as well...it feels like it's almost vibrating. I look in the mirror but it's really not visible, sure feels weird though.

This comes and goes for me. My whole central nervous system feels under assault though - most of the time. Just wanted you to know, you're not alone with the neck stuff! Take care. Mona

Old 06-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #6
    6Blues
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi lukeeluke.

I get a buzzy feeling in my feet.

Did you ever have to go on stage or perform in front of people and your fingers get so full of adrenaline that they feel they're going to pop?

That's the feeling I get in my feet. Drives me crazy. Usually happens when I'm Herx'ing. I haven't found anything to relieve it.

Peace and health to you,
    Mickie

Old 06-10-2008, 06:22 PM   #7
    luckeeluke
    (male)

luckeeluke HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by monarog View Post
    Hi,

Mine often radiates into my face as well...it feels like it's almost vibrating. This comes and goes for me. My whole central nervous system feels under assault though - most of the time. Just wanted you to know, you're not alone with the neck stuff! Take care. Mona
    Mona-

I have had the face buzzing, tingling as well. Early on it would happen in my teeth, cheek area. Other times it felt like it was vaguely just in the middle of my head.

6Blues-

I seem to get a buzzing in my heel(s) which I think is related to my neck thing. Maybe when I am herxing these are the things that happen more often, expecially when on antibiotics. I notice I don't have as much neck/ body buzzing right now as when I was on Tetra for 3 months, and it's only been a week off of it.

It all seems very confusing.

Closed Thread