It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Mycoplasmas and Lyme Co-infections

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
    bigstan
    Inactive
    (male)

bigstan HB User
    Mycoplasmas and Lyme Co-infections

Hello to everyone.

I have some questions about Mycoplasmas. I just tested positive with a high titer for Mycoplasma Pneum IgG/IgM. I have Lyme and have been under treatment for about a year with little improvement of symptoms. I have tested negative for other co-infections, Bartonella, Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis. Who knows these tests results may be inaccurate.

I'm trying to find out if Mycoplasma is a co-infection of Lyme disease or is it just a bug I picked up at some other time. Do any of you know what type of antibiotic that is used for treating Mycoplasma.

Thank you for any answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
    datgrlstef
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

datgrlstef HB User
    Re: Mycoplasmas and Lyme Co-infections

Apparently mycoplasma is a type of bacteria that lacks a cell wall. This makes it hard to treat with some antibiotics.. such as penicillin.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
    bigstan
    Inactive
    (male)

bigstan HB User

Thanks datgrlstef for your answer. I have read about the lack of cell wall. I'm looking for the type of antibiotic that will kill it. My LLMD is on vacation and I won't be seeing him for another 6 weeks. So I will ask him then.

Is this a co-infection passed on also from the tick? If anyone knows.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #4
    J0J0
    Inactive

J0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB User

Hi BigStan, it is possible that you had this in your system pre lyme. Which could of inhaled someone sneezing and gotten it. Or you could of gotten it from the ticks. I have the Chlamydia Pnumoniae bacteria which I could of gotten before ticks. Once that I found a doctor that caught the C.P. bacteria and have been on different protocols for that it has helped getting majority of the other lyme symptoms under control. Plus just like a pandora's box we all need to look into virus's, other bacteria's, microbacteriums and such when our immune system gets run down.

You can read up on these on the net

Old 07-09-2008, 10:53 PM   #5
    bigstan
    Inactive
    (male)

bigstan HB User

Thanks JoJo.

It's good to hear from you. Yes that has been my main problem all along, what symptoms are from Lyme, and what from a co-infection. I still believe besides the Mycoplasma, that I have another co-infection. More the likely Bart because of all the neuro problems and the panic and anxiety. Whatever it is it sure loves my body. Today I thought for sure another er visit. I feel just plain crappy.

I've been charting my symptoms and it seems like every 28-31 days all hell breaks loose and I feel like I will die. I guess this is the herx everyone talks about.

What antibiotic were you put on to control the Mycoplasma?

Thanks for the answer to my questions.

K

Old 07-10-2008, 04:36 AM   #6
    datgrlstef
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

datgrlstef HB User

From what I've gathered, similar to with Lyme disease, mycoplasma and C. pneumoniae require long term antimicrobial treatment. Many researchers are testing meds like tetracycline, erythromycin, ofloxacin, clinafloxacin, ciprofloxacin, azithromycin, clindamycin, doxycycline and minocycline.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:38 AM   #7
    J0J0
    Inactive

J0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB User

Hi BigStan, I thought I would give you some Scientist/Researcher's/Doctor's names. When you feel up to it read about their research, protocol's. The doctor I see is always looking into bacteria's/virus's/mold's ...and trying different protocol's. I am just thrilled that I have been so lucky to have found him. When I read things I bookmark them so I know how to go back and find the information

I am sorry if I confused what I had said earlier. I have Chlamydia Pnumoniae, not the Mycoplasma Pnumoniae. They both are very hard to treat, as I am finding many bacteria's are. We have trillions of bacteria's on/in us....some good some bad....ugh!

Anyway with your mind things going on, they can be caused from Lyme, Mycoplasma, and what ever other bacteria(s) you haven't been tested for. Plus could be things like Epstein Barr Virus, Cytomeglovirus, or any other virus. Or could even be protozoa's...on and on and on...Your not nuts. You have real things going on. Just majority of the medical field don't want to look in that direction. Do you know how many people would be out of work if we were treated for the right thing??

The more you read up on such things as Mycoplasma, Spirochete bacteria's, (Lyme, spyphillis ect), Differenent Strains of Chlamydia, Epstein Barr, and other herpe virus's, Protozoa's, microbacteriums....ect...ect.. You'll see that they are very similar in symptoms and what they do to the human body. Such as the causes for M.S., dementia, alsheirmers, Fibromyalgia, CFS, ALS, A.D.D., and the list goes on. So from what I am learnig is MANY conditions, are from one if not a combintion of the things I listed above. So getting the proper treatment and getting the immune system back up to put these buggers back into dormancy, (remission) then you'll won half the battle. Pretty interesting stuff.

Here are a few people to read up on....Dr. Charles Stratton, Dr. Wheldon. I myself see Dr. Michael Powell, D.O./Fibromyalgia Learning and Treatment Center. You may also look up Jernigan Nutraceuticals, and read up on the Microbojen tincture. THis is suppose to be great for the Mycoplasma/Lyme.

I have found that the treatment for the Spirohete bacteria's such as lyme the protocol is very similar to the treatment for Chalmydia Pnumoniae. But you throw in things such as high Doses of Vitamin D3, N-Acetyl_L-Cysteine. On Dr. Powell's page he has more of a outline for supplements to take. I have ordered also a Infared Suana. You may want to read up on the importance of this also.

Some of the antibiotics I have found good for mycoplasma beings it is hard to treat because of it being a bacteria/virus combination is Doxycline, Tetracycline, Clindamycin, Lincomycin, Ciprofloxacin.

I hope some of this information is helpful to you.

Have you been tested for Epstein Barr, and Cytomeglovirus?? And any of the other herpe family? It is very important to try and get these under control. No cure for virus's but you can get it under control.

wow what a learning experience this has all been, hope you can get some of these things under control. It takes years, there is no majic pill, but need to keep whittling away until you feel better.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:10 AM   #8
    barb527
    (female)

barb527 HB User

Hi Stan
    I also have the mycoplasma/lyme combo and I must say it really sucks!! I am currently under the care of a LLMD and am tAking 1000mg of bactrim, 1000mg of biaxin with 100 mg of diflucan. Like you I run in cycles with how I am feeling. I am going into the 4th month taking all 3 medications. I should start charting my symptoms also. First month I felt ok, second month different story! There are good days and not so good days, but am thankful for each and every one of them. Today is not the best of days, my head feels as if it will explode and it hurts to open my mouth.I get the strangest of symptoms (or so I think). Hang in there! Better days will come...barb.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:29 PM   #9
    KSA84
    Inactive
    (male)

KSA84 HB User

Hey JoJo, Thanks again great info I will look into Dr. Charles Stratton, Dr. Wheldon. And also great info on the supplements. This is a tough battle but I got to get this raging infection under control.

Thank's again JoJo, and also thank you for your answers barb527, and datgrlstef.

K

Last edited by KSA84; 07-10-2008 at 10:30 PM.

Closed Thread