It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Help with bone aches in hands, tremendous swelling of feet, please??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-29-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
    jugina45
    (female)

jugina45 HB User
    Help with bone aches in hands, tremendous swelling of feet, please??

I will be finally seeing my LLDr. next week. With all the other plethra of symptoms, I now have terrible (bone pain I think?) in my hands at times and feels like my arms are "falling asleep, sandy feeling sometimes, sometimes prickly, shocky feeling. Makes me shake my arms.
    Also my feet are tremendously swollen. I see a massage therapist and she told me all my tendons were inflamed, which I knew, and have terrible muscle and tendon knots all over the place. Everything is puffy, my eyes, hands and always the knees, and now terrible feet.
    At this moment am on Zithro, with Flexeril. Anyone else with hand aching painful hands, and or the swollen feet..It look like both my feet are broken or sprained, they are so swollen. It is hard to "curl my toes",if you will. Even have red creases from the edema.
    Any advice, suggestions, would be so appreciated. Thank you all for being here, this is so overwhelming, depressing and frustrating, not to mention painful, (and the wonderful daily fever and brain fog)..this is month 6..again, thanks for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2008, 11:54 AM   #2
    rck213
    (female)

rck213 HB User
    Re: Help with bone aches in hands, tremendous swelling of feet, please??

I have experienced the same thing, sometimes my extremities feel like lead, sometimes numb, sometimes itchy, sometimes like electric shocks go through them, sometimes my shoes don't fit, but none of it lasts very long. My hands do ache to the bone at times and I have found I cannot write for long without cramping. I seem to have lost some of my fine motor skills.
    Generalized body bloat is very frequent.
    I also can no longer tolerate the cold much at all, a new development.
    I have been seeing a LLMD for a few months, before seeing him I couldn't control or relieve my symptoms at all, now I feel I have some control but have accepted the fact that I will probably live with these weird symptoms in some degree for the rest of my life since it took 20 years for someone to find I have Lyme.

I try to keep a very positive attitude and keep to an anti-inflammatory diet. I can see symptoms worsen if I eat junk, it's just not worth it. Everyone is different, hopefully the LLMD will come up with a plan for you.

Closed Thread