It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• IV antibiotics versus oral antibiotics?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
    Matt Dart
    (male)

Matt Dart HB User
    IV antibiotics versus oral antibiotics?

Hello,

I`ve been reading and hearing about IV antibiotics being more successful and faster that oral antibiotics in several places, but I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences with both? I was hoping to hear pros and cons.. if possible stories from different people..

Based on what I`ve read everywhere (and heard from friendly people on this board), I feel I would like to try IV antibiotics if offered as an option (ultimately up to the doctor of course), but I was wondering what side-effects / reasons there would be to go with oral antibiotics instead?

I understand it is more complicated than that (different types of antibiotics, different combinations depending on co-infections, etc), but I just wanted to get an idea of whats involved in both.

Thanks a lot!!

--MDL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Oral antibiotics with disseminated disease? bubbalyme Lyme Disease 34 05-11-2007 07:31 PM
    Birth Control & antibiotics! surrendrdorothy Birth Control 1 11-04-2006 05:26 PM
    Eye antibiotics and birth control kdrkdrkdr Lasik Eye Surgery 1 04-13-2006 08:40 AM
    Is it better to take antibiotics before a Molar Extraction? CASurfer Dental Health 9 03-17-2006 01:10 PM
    IV antibiotics vs. oral antibiotics TINUVIEL Lyme Disease 1 02-12-2005 06:00 AM
    For those of you who have used antibiotics!!!!! sleppy210 Acne 6 12-02-2004 05:45 PM
    Antibiotics and Dentistry fyrelight74 Dental Health 3 05-07-2004 10:15 AM
    oral antibiotics after accutane joshsd54321 Acne 1 03-18-2004 07:27 PM