It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Lyme- anybody have strange rash...but not EM

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-11-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
    4crazykids
    (female)

4crazykids HB User
    Question Lyme- anybody have strange rash...but not EM

Has anyone with Lyme had strange rashes (but not EM) that come and go?

I have a rash that starts out as flat red spots. It seems to be temperatature sensitive. If my body temp goes up from exercise or a very long hot shower- it is more apparent.

It itches a lot. If I scratch it, the spots become red bumps. Then they itch and turn into little blisters. Strange right?

I have patches on both arms, the base of my neck and one shoulder. No new patches have come up since I started IV meds. All the Drs are confused, but dont seem to think it is related to Lyme.

I disagree. I never get rashes- just like I never got sick before Lyme hit me like a bag of bricks.

Any advice would help. Tks all...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
    4crazykids
    (female)

4crazykids HB User
    Re: Lyme- anybody have strange rash...but not EM

Well, they biopsied the rash and came out with an inconclusive result - not a shock at this point. No evidence of Lyme and no evidence of serum sickness. Drs (3 dermotologists in consultation with 2 ID dr) believe it was an atypical immune response not directly caused by the lyme but coincident to the lyme.

So, basically the Lyme ticked off my immune system and made me more sensitive to things I wouldnt normallly react to.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:45 AM   #3
    momto
    (female)

momto HB User

I have not been diagnosis yet with Lymes ( I am going through testing now to rule out everything) But I have a rash called Livedo Reticularis. Its not your normal rash. Not raised, doesnt itch. I had it biopsied too and it just confirmed the diagnosis of Livedo Reticularis. Now we have to find out whats causing it.

So your rash was related to the Lyme??

Old 11-04-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
    erikjh1972
    (male)

erikjh1972 HB User

ive had strange things going on with my skin because of lyme. almost like someone took the fingers and scratched me. they only last about 15 minutes before they go away. they are a little itchy but i dont scratch them. they come and go with no pattern, and they are almost always on my back or shoulders.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:47 AM   #5
    crunchiepoochie
    (female)

crunchiepoochie HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by erikjh1972 View Post
    ive had strange things going on with my skin because of lyme. almost like someone took the fingers and scratched me. they only last about 15 minutes before they go away. they are a little itchy but i dont scratch them. they come and go with no pattern, and they are almost always on my back or shoulders.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #6
    crunchiepoochie
    (female)

crunchiepoochie HB User

When I went undiagnosed for Lymes, I would get welts all over. I also would have ithcing bouts that I remember I had to stop the car and take off my pantyhose and use a hair brush to scratch myself. This happened a couple times. I'm not sure what it was but it had to do w/ the Lymes. My eyes were so swollen they couldn't open.
    What we go thru!!

Old 11-11-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
    4crazykids
    (female)

4crazykids HB User

Interesting Info-

After IV meds, it looks like I have finally kicked the darn Lyme! Yahoo. And wouldnt you know it....as the Lyme seemed to go away - no more mthly symptom flares...no more symptoms at all - my skin returned to normal. Interesting dont you think? I have also checked around with several of my friends who have had Lyme and many of them have had the same experience.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #8
    athena12jane
    (female)

athena12jane HB User

I was diagnosed with LD 4 weeks ago and now on my 2nd set of antibiotics. However I've been on prednisone since May16 for some type of itchy rash. Now since I have LD I have a rash on my elbows and knees and left arm that almost will not let me sleep. The itch is unbelievable especially if I get the least bit warm.I also have it on my back, butt etc. But my elbows and upper arm and knees drive me nuts. If I scratch the arm it does form bumps like you described..but no blisters. I am on another 6 days on prednisone for the itch. I have tried all types of creams. In the past I have used Olux for itches but it didn't help this.
    Good luck.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:47 AM   #9
    erikjh1972
    (male)

erikjh1972 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by athena12jane View Post
    I was diagnosed with LD 4 weeks ago and now on my 2nd set of antibiotics. However I've been on prednisone since May16 for some type of itchy rash. Now since I have LD I have a rash on my elbows and knees and left arm that almost will not let me sleep. The itch is unbelievable especially if I get the least bit warm.I also have it on my back, butt etc. But my elbows and upper arm and knees drive me nuts. If I scratch the arm it does form bumps like you described..but no blisters. I am on another 6 days on prednisone for the itch. I have tried all types of creams. In the past I have used Olux for itches but it didn't help this.
    Good luck.
    please stop prednisone!!! if you have lyme prednisone is the worse thing you can take!!!

Old 07-23-2010, 01:05 AM   #10
    Himynameistyler
    (male)

Himynameistyler HB User

I never got rashes when I had lymes.

Heck, I never got the bullseye either.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:27 AM   #11
    novascotialyme
    (male)

novascotialyme HB User

I never got the bullseye either, just a red arae around bite mark. I still get the little red dots around my temple, they come and go. I also notice occasionly itching at the bite spot and get a tiny rash from time to time

Old 07-28-2010, 07:37 AM   #12
    Pebbles03
    (female)

Pebbles03 HB User

I have a rash like yours in the front of my left ankle it itches alot and when I scratch it it itches more. I have tried all types or creams and nothing works. I have not been diagnosed as having lymes by my nautrapath dr. thinks I do cause he had the same thing. He saw the spirochete in my blood also. So I 'mdoing a natural treatment hope it helps.
    I hate the mornings that's when I feel the worst so achey joints uggg!
    Good Luck to you.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #13
    curiositykilled
    (female)

curiositykilled HB User
    Lightbulb Re: Lyme- anybody have strange rash...but not EM

I've never had Lyme's, but I've had a strange rash like this before, 2 years ago right after I moved to Oklahoma. It started as what looked like bra rash from exercising in my bra, but in just a few days had engulfed my whole right breast, my almost whole right side, and a huge chunk of the right of my back. The DRs were totally confused because they had prescribed me some meds and creams to put on it, and they worked as I used it-- the rash would die down and act like it was going away-- then as soon as the medicine was done it would flare up all over again. Nothing would make it go away. I finally talked to my dad about it and he said the same thing happened to him and my aunt when they first moved to that part of Oklahoma, and that I just had to wait it out and it would eventually go away. He was right, it eventually did... in about a month or two. One day it just started to go away on its own til it just wasn't there anymore. Its so strange to me because I never, ever get rashes. I hardly ever get razor rash even. It was BRIGHT red and ITCHED SO BAD, it was so hard to not scratch my skin off. The only thing that helped was soaking in HOT water, which felt like hell at first but then would numb it and stop it from itching so much for a short period of time. It never became blistery though, it never oozed anything, and there wasn't a "bulls eye" type of rash that I've heard described as a part of lymes. But I still wonder if I should go get tested because I've spent a majority of my life living in the woods where a LOT of ticks are (Oklahoma is the breeding ground of all ticks, I swear, some parts you can barely walk without snagging them all over you). And the area I moved/hung around was notorious for them-- and it was the middle of summer too.
    The doctors nor me ever figured out what it was. But my dad heard some woman talking in line at the store around the time I got it, and she was saying how her husband got this mysterious, itchy rash that was taking over his arm and he was laid off temporarily until it went away because they weren't sure if it was contagious, however I lived with my BF at the time and his 3 roommates and no one in the house ever got it.
    It worries me because this area, I found out later on, used to be one of the most polluted areas in the nation because of the chatte piles (for those of you who dont know what that is-- basically the gov't mined a **** ton of metals from some mines in the area way back in the day and then left all the metal waste from it in HUGE piles that gathered up and look like mountains of sand but are so heavy tornadoes can't even hardly move them. They are highly toxic if any is ingested, and some water sources got really polluted so the gov't recently bought out the entire town that was around the piles and paid everyone to move because they were all infected with Lead poisoning and other metals.) As of now the gov't is supposedly cleaning it up and the waters aren't supposed to be so toxic anymore, but the dead trees around it are still almost pure bronze colored half way up the trunks. Guess it'll take some time...
    There are more places like this around the nation. Apparently this wasn't the only occasion the government made a mess and then left it and pretended it never existed-- there are reports of places like this in West Virginia around the old abandoned coal mines.
    ANYWHO, I know I just rambled like a madman, but I hope this was at least entertaining!! LOL
    GOOD LUCK!!

Closed Thread