It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Has anyone gotten a rash from mepron?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
    shonks5
    (female)

shonks5 HB User
    Has anyone gotten a rash from mepron?

I've been on mepron for about 4 and a half weeks now and am getting a rash. It looks like prickly heat and is itchy. I am itchy elsewhere, but only have the rash on my stomach, and now on my arms. NP said it could be die off from the babesia, or it could be allergy to mepron. I've also read that mepron itself can give you a rash. It's allergy season, and I have allergies, so it's hard for me to know if it's seasonal allergy, allergy to mepron, or just mepron rash. I'm going to try a clay mask, and maybe a coffee enema! Anyone else experience this? I'd be grateful for any replies!

Thanks,
    Shonks 5

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
    muddymind
    (female)

muddymind HB User
    Re: Has anyone gotten a rash from mepron?

Hi Shonks,
    This is my first post. I've read several but never posted myself. When I saw that no one responded to your post I thought I'd chime in. I've just started on Mepron myself (but this is only my second day). I don't have a rash per se but my skin is itchy and I noticed several other posts about Mepron where people were complaining of rashes. One poster said their doctor suggested taking some Benedryl with it (which makes me think some level of reaction is ok).

It's been almost a month since you posted. I'd be curious to hear how things are going now?

I started treatment for lyme 5 months ago and am feeling worse overall than before treatment (lots of new symptoms emerged or worsened which I guess is quite typical). I'm optimistic about the Mepron since its the first thing I've tried that attacks Babesia. I read a very promising post where someone noted that Mepron was the first thing that made them feel better and she's now 99% improved.

Fingers crossed we have that kind of luck for a change...well wishes...

Closed Thread