It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Indigestion and heartburn

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-27-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
    lala52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
    Indigestion and heartburn

Hi All:
    I was just wondering if bad heartburn and indigestion is a common symptom of Lyme or is it just a separate issue. I am not a diagnosed lymee yet. I am working on it. I am very ill but not sure what i have yet. Lyme, CFS, Fibro, Candida? Unresolved but very very ill and getting more depressed as the days go by. i cry every day several times a day. I feel like this is going to be my life. Running to dr after dr with no answers. My symptoms are a combo of all the syndromes i just mentioned. I have so many symptoms but i am to tired to list them all now. I have had off and on indigestion and heartburn but it is now so bad i am afraid to eat. I take digestive enzymes from a natural dr. but i guess it is not helping. Anybody with the same problem? Thanks LaLa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
    littlehutton
    (female)

littlehutton HB Userlittlehutton HB Userlittlehutton HB User
    Re: Indigestion and heartburn

Hi Lala

I have read many of your posts over the past year, and responded to a few, like you I have been in limbo for quite some time with very similar symptoms to what you have described, however Back in November I finally reached a diagnosis of Lyme Disease and the co-infection Bartonella, and have now started treatment. I too for a long time thought I had all of the conditions that you have mentioned.

Heartburn and indigestion can be a symptom of Lyme, there is not much really that you cannot blame on Lyme, I have over 80 symptoms, mainly pain and neuro problems.

Have you tried Apple cider vinegar? this stuff works wonders for the heartburn. I know many people that swear by it.

I'm pleased to hear that you are investigating Lyme as a possibility, I think based on your huge array of symptoms it is definitely one to be considered. Your best option would be to go and see an LLMD as soon as possible, please remember that Lyme Disease can be diagnosed on a clinical basis, and not just on blood tests. Many people test negative but are still diagnosed and treated based on their symptoms alone.

Good luck & Best wishes to you...

Absence of proof is not proof of absence

Old 12-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
    lala52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
    Re: Indigestion and heartburn

Littlehutton:
    Yes. I do remember that we were corresponding with each other. That is great that you got diagnosed. What is your treatment and how are you feeling? Did your blood work go to a specialized lab like Igenix in California or a lab in the UK. Yes, i do take apple cider vinegar but when i am going through this binge nothing helps.Then i start feeling very anxious like i am having a heart attack because in women that is one of the symptoms. So as usual, i am a nervous wreck. Also lately i am feeling very tired. More then usual. My mind does not stop and i start to panic. I am a mess and very depressed. I have no quality of life right now. I am sure you can relate to what i am saying. Unfortunatly the people around us don't understand, which also does not help. Good luck to you with your new diagnosis. I would love to hear about your protocol. Talk soon. LaLa

Closed Thread