It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Negative Lyme disease test?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
    Dbras1
    (female)

Dbras1 HB User
    Negative Lyme disease test?

My son was taken to the ER last week because he appeared to be on drugs. He was hearing and seeing things and was very disoriented. His motor skills were impaired also. At the hospital he had a fever (100.4) and a high pulse rate. He was tested for drugs which came out negative. He was then transferred to a psychiatric hospital. The next day when I went to see him he seemed totally back to normal. He had an EEG and MRI which also came back normal. After 4 days he came home. That night he found a tick on his leg. This was not the first tick that he found over the past couple of years. The following day I took him to the doctor for blood work because I was convinced that he had Lyme disease. The doctor did not agree with me. The next day he again had a fever, vomitting and severe muscle and joint aches. I just got his lab work back and the dr. said that he does not have Lymes, but I still disagree.

Absolute Lymphocytes 925 Normal range 1200-5200
    MCV 99.5 Normal range 78-98
    Lyme .90 Positive result is .91 and above

The doctor is telling me that everything is fine. Then why is my son sick? Why did he have to go to a psychiatric hospital? Everything is not fine!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
    lala52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
    Re: Negative Lyme disease test?

Dbras:
    Sounds like lyme to me. It does not always show up in the blood work. But usually if you just got it, I think it does show up. If he continue to have symptoms, I think you should get the blood tested at a company called Igenix in California. It is the best lyme test out there. They will send you the kit. You just have to go to your dr to take or blood or get a script and go to the lab. You must have been very scared with those symptoms. I wish you luck and keep us posted. There is lots of info on these boards. Keep searching. LaLa

Old 07-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
    Dbras1
    (female)

Dbras1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lala52 View Post
    Dbras:
    Sounds like lyme to me. It does not always show up in the blood work. But usually if you just got it, I think it does show up. If he continue to have symptoms, I think you should get the blood tested at a company called Igenix in California. It is the best lyme test out there. They will send you the kit. You just have to go to your dr to take or blood or get a script and go to the lab. You must have been very scared with those symptoms. I wish you luck and keep us posted. There is lots of info on these boards. Keep searching. LaLa

Old 07-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
    Dbras1
    (female)

Dbras1 HB User

Thanks Lala, I have been hearing alot about that test from the message boards. I have an appointment on Monday and I will talk to his doctor about ordering those tests. I am just praying for an answer to find out what this is so we can help him. I feel like I am on a bad roller coaster and can not get off.

Closed Thread