It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Urine Incontinence

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-02-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
    Rosary1
    (female)

Rosary1 HB User
    Urine Incontinence

I have ankylosing spondylitis and the doctor suspects that its caused by lyme. My main symptom is continuous lower back pain and I cannot stand, sit or walk for more than 10 min at a time.

Has anyone experienced the symptom of not being able to hold your urine? This problem started suddenly on the day after I started Doxycycline and Biaxin in January 2012. Since then it has got progressively worse. I have to go to the toilet every 20 min even though I don't take any liquid. My skin feels like its drying up and I'm losing a lot of muscle and weight. Has anyone experience this with antibiotics? Do you think it is related to the abx or the Lyme or something else? My last urine test was normal, but with slightly raised sodium. Please could someone advise me on how to proceed?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #2
    jenj770
    Inactive
    (female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User
    Re: Urine Incontinence

Hi,

I don't know if those particular abx contribute to your urine problem but Lyme certainly does affect all parts of the body functioning systems. This is a product that I take when I occasionally have frequent urination - Sanhelios Curbita Bladder Caps. I find them to be very effective. If your problem persists you might ask for a change in your abx to see if that was the contributing factor.

Of course, muscular and joint pain often accompanies lyme disease. What are you currently doing/taking for this? I like Terry Naturally curamin supplements for pain. I also use a back brace occasionally when needed to support my lower back. This is actually just a simple corset that you could get at any lingerie shop. It works very well! Detoxing is a vitally important part of treatment for LD. This book The salt/C protocol for Lyme Infection by M. Fett offers some excellent detoxing suggestions.

Jen

Closed Thread

Tags
    incontinence, lyme