It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Newly diagnosed with Lyme disease

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
    New2LymeDisease
    (female)

New2LymeDisease HB User
    Newly diagnosed with Lyme disease

I am newly diagnosed with Lyme Disease (08/12) after having it since a was a kid. Im now about to be 32. I have seen doctors throughout the years with my symptoms and I always just got blown off until now when I found a doctor who happens to specialize in this area. I almost cried in his office when he said I know whats wrong with you. I was speechless because I couldnt believe it; finally I dont have to feel like Im crazy with all the symptoms. I have gotten worse through the years and at many times wanted to just give up. I am starting the medications today. They are Losartan & Colesevelam hydrochloride. I am ready to get my life started because the chronic fatigue and muscle & joint pain has been the worse two symptoms & have limited me so much. Does anyone have any advice or anything, or know of any vitamins that help in the healing process? Thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2012, 02:58 AM   #2
    jenj770
    Inactive
    (female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User
    Re: Newly diagnosed with Lyme disease

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your travails; unfortunately, this scenario is all too common with lymies.

Are you seeing an LLMD (lyme literate medical doctor)? I ask because you will need to detox and an LLMD would help you with this. There are so many things I could recommend, but the list would be exhaustive. What I did was to use adjunctive therapies depending on my symptoms at the time. I'm sure you know that Lyme affects all bodily systems (emotional/mental as well!). A few basic things I always have on hand:

-Oregano Oil
    -colloidal silver
    -Terry Naturally Curcumin
    -Probiotics
    -ACV - apple cider vinegar (with the Mother)
    -DGL
    -Digestive enzymes
    -Magnesium Oil (for soaks) - Epsom Salts also works
    -coffee enemas are a mainstay for many lymies
    -Chinese boiling herbs are especially helpful for me, but an acquired taste

As for vitamin therapy, Magnesium and vitamin D are especially important because these are more heavily affected by lyme. I would recommend you have the lab test that profiles all the vitamins, along with the 25 Hydroxy Vit. D test. I have a comprehensive vitamin test at least once a year. Also, to keep your PH less acidic, eating lots of veggies and/or juicing will help.

These are just some of the things I've used over the many years. I recommend getting a notebook and log in anything you hear or research that applies to specific symptoms as that symptom will likely occur or recur at another time.

Wishing you all the best!

Jen

Last edited by jenj770; 08-27-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:22 AM   #3
    J0J0
    Inactive

J0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB User
    Re: Newly diagnosed with Lyme disease

Hi New2LymeDisease, glad someone finally helped diagnose you. Not sure that the meds he put you on are going to help treat the "cause" of your problems.
    Did the doc put you on any treatment plan for killing off bacteria? Did they test you threw Igenex Lab for any possibly co-infections? There are many things to be tested for.

At the top of the board, there are 2 threads you might want to read through if you haven't already.

How to Share LLD Names and Lyme Newbies.

It is so important, as Jenn pointed out. To see a doctor that specializes in Lyme and co-infections. Kind of like, you don't go to a ENT doctor if you are having female problems.

Wishing you luck through this adventure. Pretty sad that we jump from doctor to doctor knowing that we have somethign wrong. My hat is off to the doc that recognised the problem. But now you need someone that knows how to treat it.

Jodie

Closed Thread

Tags
    lyme disease