It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Can Lyme get worse after giving birth?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
    oliverbenny
    (female)

oliverbenny HB User
    Question Can Lyme get worse after giving birth?

Hi,

I have not currently been diagnosed with Lyme but am starting to wonder if I might have Lyme. Before my son's birth 10 years ago I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. After 1 miscarriage and the birth of my alive son (it was about 3 months later) I started much sicker. Severe pain, trouble walking, etc. I started seeing different Drs and was finally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Candida and Hormone Imbalances. Well after Doctoring for the past 10 years I am slowly developing newer symptoms such as arms falling asleep for no purpose, severe anxiety, racing heart, inner tremors and more. My question is this: If I had Lyme prior to getting pregnant - is it possible for the Lyme to get much worse after? And second is it possible to have slow progression of Lyme over a 10 - 20 year period with immune boosters, clean diet and lots of supplements and fibro and candida medication or should it progress quickly regardless of what a person does? Thanks so much for the advice.

PS Also is Candida really just Lyme or is Candida for real? I have been trying to kill Candida with heavy prescription antifungals for 8 years to minor improvement.

oliverbenny

Last edited by oliverbenny; 03-11-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
    J0J0
    Inactive

J0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB User
    Re: Can Lyme get worse after giving birth?

Hi Oliverbenny, Lyme is not a once size fits all. We all display different symptoms and it hits all of us differently. You can have the borrelia bacteria and it goes into remission only to flare out later in life, due to some other illness or stress. It mimics over 300 conditions.

I have a couple family members that were told they had lyme. After each one got preganant it went into remission. Two of them when they have bouts of stress it came back. One is does not work.
    None of them listen to me of course. And their kids have medical problems.
    One does pass it on to their babies.

The fibro diagnoises is what most of us get. Fibro is a label for symptoms. We each have to find out what is causeing the pain. There are different things that cause it, such as viruses, bacterial, heavy metals ect.

Candida can be caused from medications, anti-botics is not the only culprit, it is a over growth of yeast. Grape fruit seed exctract is good for it. Taking pro biotics, and staying away from sugars and breads with yeast in it.

With Lyme there are co-infections that should be tested for, such as Eptstein Barr, Cytomeglovirus, Babesia, Bartonella, Mycoplasma Pnumoniae, Chlamydia Pnumoniae, ect ect. Remember testing is not accurate for any of it. Seeing a LLMD is a must.

Hope you find your answers!

Jodie

Old 03-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
    oliverbenny
    (female)

oliverbenny HB User

Jodie,

Thanks so much for your kind reply. I have tested positive for mono. already. I also have elevated fibrinogen and some other stuff I can't remember. My Candida is under control pretty well at the moment. I go to an LLMD on Tues for the first time so hopefully I will get some right answers this time. My LLMD wants a timeline of how my symptoms have started but I can't remember. All I know is what bothers me. Do you think a list of my problems will be ok? Thanks so much for taking time to write to me.

Blessings

Alicia

Old 03-16-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
    J0J0
    Inactive

J0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB User

Hi Alicia, the first doc that diagnoised me wanted me to write a summary of my symtpoms/life. Your right, it was hard to remember, BUT as I sat and wrote it came back. Just start with when you remember first being sick, and go from there. I am sure he doesn't need every little detail.

I would assume a list of symptoms will help. That is usually asked when you go in. So being a step ahead is good

IF you have someone that will go with you, a second set of ears is always good. OR take a recorder with you, but you need to let him know your recording your visit.

I didn't have anyone to go to my doctor appts with me. Trust me there is a lot I forgot that was said to me.

Glad you have a appt with a LLMD. Let us know how it goes.
    Good Luck!!!

Jodie

Closed Thread