It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Doxycycline and Ceftin...Horrible Anxiety on Both

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
    justiceandtruth
    (female)

justiceandtruth HB User
    Doxycycline and Ceftin...Horrible Anxiety on Both

Hello, everyone. Without going into my LONG medical saga, I am newly diagnosed with Lyme (by an LLMD..positive Western Blot). I have a lot of neurological symptoms, including anxiety. However, thus far, the anxiety had been somewhat manageable.

HOWEVER...I started doxycycline, 100mg, 2 times per day (the doc knows I am VERY sensitive to meds). After eight days, I was in a perpetual anxious panic, basically 24/7. I don't know if it was the drug or a herx reaction, but I could not endure it.

So he decided to try me on Ceftin....same problem. Unbearable agitation and anxiety...extra severe for about 12-14 hours each day.

Now...I'm looking at Zithromax. Needless to say, I'm terrified. Has anyone else had severe anxiety on multiple antibiotics? Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
    carolweb
    (female)

carolweb HB User
    Re: Doxycycline and Ceftin...Horrible Anxiety on Both

My daughter had bad anxiety on doxy too but did alot better on zithro. Sometimes when you start abx for the first time it stirs up the lyme bacteria kind of like stirring up a hornets nest. That along with a herx can really be tough. That happened to my daughter when she first started and she had to go off the antibiotics for about 5 months and was on Byron White A-L Complex (an herbal antibiotic and alot milder) then once the bacteria toxin load lowered she eased back onto antibiotics. It's also possible that you have a co-infection. Bartonella causes anxiety too. She's also taking Valerian root and Kavinace for the anxiety, which helps.

Closed Thread

Tags
    ceftin, doxycycline, lyme, zithromax