It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Very confused

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
    Gods Will 4 me
    (female)

Gods Will 4 me HB User
    Question Very confused

I am not really sure where to start. It almost feels like a tornado I can't escape. After nearly 17 months (I know that is not long for most) and a painful battle of this mysterious neck muscle issue after a mission trip I have tested positive for Lyme. It explains a lot and looking back everything points to that. I have been of coarse trying to do some research and find the best coarse of action for me and where God is leading us in this processes. I have found a LLMD and spoke over the phone and through text but have yet to meet. He seems rather literate however, I don't know if he is aggressive enough and it appears supplements are his primary focus. I have also found a treatment relatively close to us called the Hansa Center. I am a skeptic and try to put a lot of thought and first prayer into it but I am very scared to invest this large of a financial chunck all at once. I have not come across one bad review on this center or its treatment. Do you wait it out and let it get worse, which it is? Or take the initiative and go to this center and get my life back or at least 80% of it? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

God Bless!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
    carolweb
    (female)

carolweb HB User
    Re: Very confused

Unless you get treatment right after the tick bite, Lyme disease treatment takes a long time. It's a long hard road to recovery and you will get better, but it could take 1 or 2 years. Going for expensive treatment is not going to shorten the length of time it takes to get better, so if you have alot of money it may be a good choice, but it won't be any easier or faster. Usually it doesn't work to start out with an agressive treatment because the Lyme bacteria have a massive die off and fill your body with toxins. This can be really rough on your body and it basically can incapacitate you. Starting out with herbals and supplements can be a good way to start treatment until your body gets used to it and the overall bacteria load is lowered. Then easing into an antibiotic treatment can work better. When my daughter started antibiotic treatment she couldn't move or get out of bed for two weeks and then got terrible Candida, so she had to back off on abx for several months and go with herbals. Now she's back on antibiotics--lots of them. She's been in treatment for a year now and doing so much better, about 75% of her pre Lyme disease state and getting better every day. But we didn't see progress for about 8 months. It seems like the best treatment is a combo of herbals and antibiotics and if you can find an LLMD that does both, it would be the best.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #3
    J0J0
    Inactive

J0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB User

Gods will 4 me, I have heard many good things about that center. I have read a lot that, that doc has written. I do believe it can be pricey, BUT if you have the finances to go, it would be worth a shot.
    I have heard many have been helped there.

He treats the whole body and I don't believe he uses any antibiotics. All natural from what I hear.

Jodie

Last edited by J0J0; 04-15-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
    Gods Will 4 me
    (female)

Gods Will 4 me HB User

I did not do so well on just the short round of antibiotics I did. I am waiting on the western blot test to come back now since I tested equivocal IgM on my first one. I also found out during this time I have Hasimotos thyroiditis and many of the symptoms I am having may be from that also. In my mind if I can get through this on less antibiotics the better. I can't help think that it weakens the body so much if I get sick I am in trouble! I like treating the whole body and not just the Lyme. I can't wrap my mind around doing a two week program of detox and avoiding years of treatment doing the same thing? That sounds like a win win. It is very expensive, it is about $700-900 a day. However when I look at what people are paying out of pocket for med, LLMD's, supplements, etc for years of being sick it seems like a tempting investment. I haven't found many negative feedback on the center either. I feel at that price, if you were not very productive, wouldn't your name be out there all over as non-productive?

Old 04-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
    dganz
    (female)

dganz HB Userdganz HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gods Will 4 me View Post
    I did not do so well on just the short round of antibiotics I did. I am waiting on the western blot test to come back now since I tested equivocal IgM on my first one. I also found out during this time I have Hasimotos thyroiditis and many of the symptoms I am having may be from that also. In my mind if I can get through this on less antibiotics the better. I can't help think that it weakens the body so much if I get sick I am in trouble! I like treating the whole body and not just the Lyme. I can't wrap my mind around doing a two week program of detox and avoiding years of treatment doing the same thing? That sounds like a win win. It is very expensive, it is about $700-900 a day. However when I look at what people are paying out of pocket for med, LLMD's, supplements, etc for years of being sick it seems like a tempting investment. I haven't found many negative feedback on the center either. I feel at that price, if you were not very productive, wouldn't your name be out there all over as non-productive?
    Hello. When I was on high abx for lyme and my llmd specifically told me that I had to give up sugar as this causes candida to run wild in lymies. I was fortunate that I could manage any herx. Although my symptoms were over the top (as most long term lymies have) with severe neurological issues. I know it's hard to spend $$, but if you are seeing a true llmd, it is worth it. My treatment cost about $7,000 over a years time, but in the end, it was changed my life. I am about 80% better than I was 2 years ago. Best to you in your search for help.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #6
    Blah49
    (female)

Blah49 HB UserBlah49 HB User

I try to remember that taking antibiotics causes kill off of the spirochete, which is the lyme bug, and the herx reaction with antibiotics means I am getting better with every bit of suffering we go through. I am not extremely happy about taking antibiotics for a long time either, but I sure will if it gets rid of all this sickness! I have also heard the centers are good, but can't speed up the progress of Lyme Disease, its a battle that we have to fight and be consistent with or we go back into the horrible symptoms. Good luck and God bless.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #7
    Gods Will 4 me
    (female)

Gods Will 4 me HB User

Oh what an intense few weeks. I got the results back from my Western Blot test and coinfections. The western blot all came back negative and the infections. I felt like I could finally exhale but not so fast. I was told that in this, I have a autoimmune disease called Hashimoto's disease where my immune system literally attacks my thyroid causing it to under produce. However, it isnt under producing enough to merit medicine yet so I get to ride this roller coaster everyday of feeling terrible. I let the Lyme issue set for a few weeks but I can't seem to let it lay. My thyroglobulin antibody level was off the charts that was how they found this disease. I was told by my Dr that the antibodies that made my IgM test equivocal could have been because of the elevated numbers also. I just have a hard time trusting this. Meanwhile the endocrinologist said there is no treatment and I am still having this intense neck/muscle pain. The headache for almost a month now is crazy. Nothing helps it and I can't help but second guess my results are negative because of the medicine I took for it. Can any other thing except Lyme trigger that IgM? Is Igenex the best next step? In looking at the WB, there are several bands I wasn't even tested for that Igenex tests for.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #8
    lala52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Godswill:
    My test for lyme through Igenix was not a positive but I had 4 IND bands and two positive bands. My LLMD is treating for for lyme. I have a lot of symptoms and have been sick for years. I just wanted to let you know that I have severe hashimotos also. I take synthroid and armour because I am also hypothryoid. My antibodies were off the chart. They were 3000. Well, two months after I started treatment with antibiotics for lyme by regular dr retested my hasimotos and my antibodies went down to a little over a 100. I could not believe for years that i had 3000 and suddenly it went down drastically. They say that lyme can cause hashi. I also have severe neck pain and tingling on the top of my head and a disequilibrium problem. I have been sick for years for many many symptoms. Lots of them are gone now but I am not out of the woods. I hope this info helps. Keep us posted. LaLa

Old 05-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #9
    Gods Will 4 me
    (female)

Gods Will 4 me HB User

Wow, they believe Lyme can actually cause the Hashi? Interesting!! My my number was 2407 but my tsh isn't low enough to treat yet. So I guess this waiting game has started. All my symptoms are in raging gear and we wait...wait...wait ugh!!! :-( I wish I could get A clear yes or no answer and start a treatment program or the Hansa Center and get on with my life.

Closed Thread

Tags
    lyme diagnosis, lyme disease, lyme disease symptoms, lyme literate doctor, lyme treatment