It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Esophagus Spasm? Gluten Sensitivity?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
    eire6678
    (female)

eire6678 HB User
    Esophagus Spasm? Gluten Sensitivity?

Hi!!

I'll try to keep this brief. My son, 8 has shown 2 positive bands for lymes. Pediatrician won't treat, as we all know we need 3 positive bands. Anyway, we have been to the pediatrician a million times for random things that we never get an answer. Anxiety, eye tic, ear ringing, insomnia, chest pain. We recently figured out the chest pain is from esophagus spasms which cause extreme pain & vomitting. During endoscopy Dr did biopsy which showed gluten sensitivity. Not sure if I am on board with the gluten being his problem. I think that lymes could have brought this on. Ay thoughts??? We are waiting for appointment with LLMD.

Thanks you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
    Beehappee
    (female)

Beehappee HB User
    Re: Esophagus Spasm? Gluten Sensitivity?

I have had esophagus spasms and know they are definitely painful. The vomiting and burping make the pain "tolerable". Drinking warm water helps me to vomit, which helps the pain , when I go thru these episodes. Your son is definitely telling the truth about that! I do not know about the Lymes issue. My daughter gave up gluten, dairy and eggs and her life is much better now. She also takes billions and billions of probiotics every day. That has made a significant difference too. Good luck to you and your little guy.

Closed Thread

Tags
    esophagus, gluten, spasms