It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Anyone taking Doxy, Samento & Banderol for Lyme?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-31-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
    Jodann
    (female)

Jodann HB User
    Question Anyone taking Doxy, Samento & Banderol for Lyme?

I was bitten by a tick 3 weeks ago and developed flu-like symptoms. Dr. has me on 200 mg/day Doxy and wants me to add Samento & Banderol drops.
    Started one drop of each once a day but he wants me to take them 2x/day, and increase by 1 drop each day to a total of 30 drops, however, I'm feeling strange in my head and am experiencing an irregular heartbeat and having multiple dreams at night now from that one drop a day dose.

I'm concerned about taking these microbial herbs at this time with the Doxy and I'm now wondering if I should instead be on a higher Doxy dose along with another antibiotic?

Has anyone else taken this protocol, and if so, had any success?

Thanks for your help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
    lala52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
    Re: Anyone taking Doxy, Samento & Banderol for Lyme?

Jo:
    I was on 400 mg of doxy 7 days a week and 3 days a week i was taking malerone. I was also taking cats claw and a bunch of other supplements that are not lyme specific. If i were you I would take the doxy for a few weeks by itself then add the other supplements one at a time. You took too much at one time. Cut out the supplements now and just stay on the doxy for a few weeks. Good luck. LaLa

The Following User Says Thank You to lala52 For This Useful Post:
    Jodann (08-02-2013)
    Old 08-02-2013, 02:57 AM   #3
    Jodann
    (female)

Jodann HB User

Thank you for your response LaLa. From what I've been reading on previous posts regarding Doxy, it sounds like taking 200 mg/day is worthless.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
    lala52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Yes. you must take 400 mgs plus other antibiotics as well.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
    moecasey
    (female)

moecasey HB User

Im not sure what Banderol drops are but Samento is just a more pure form of Cats Claw. My son is taking Samento drops. 10 a day you are suppose to take on an empty stomach. I would NOT stop taking. Your doctor is right. I also have him taking CoQ10 and Echinea with GoldenSeal root. He is on 300 mgs of Doxy. The doc we visit is one of the ones that wrote the protocol for lyme. If you are chronic then perhaps the higher dose would benefit you. You should listen to your doctor at this time. I do hope he is LLMD and does not stop your abx until at least 8 weeks after the last symptom. Good luck to you I hope you are feeling better already.
    Detox baths are very important as well. I have a post already with the ingredients do a search on my name.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
    moecasey
    (female)

moecasey HB User

Im not sure what Banderol drops are but Samento is just a more pure form of Cats Claw. My son is taking Samento drops. 10 a day you are suppose to take on an empty stomach. I would NOT stop taking. Your doctor is right. I also have him taking CoQ10 and Echinea with GoldenSeal root. He is on 300 mgs of Doxy. The doc we visit is one of the ones that wrote the protocol for lyme. If you are chronic then perhaps the higher dose would benefit you. You should listen to your doctor at this time. I do hope he is LLMD and does not stop your abx until at least 8 weeks after the last symptom. Good luck to you I hope you are feeling better already.
    Detox baths are very important as well. I have a post already with the ingredients do a search on my name.

Closed Thread

Tags
    doxycycline, samento