HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Lyme Disease (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/lyme-disease/)
-   -   Mottled (Blotchy) Skin and Lyme Disease (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/lyme-disease/965164-mottled-blotchy-skin-lyme-disease.html)

kerry4296 10-11-2013 08:07 AM

Mottled (Blotchy) Skin and Lyme Disease

Hi - does anyone else have mottled (blotchy) skin and Lyme Disease? This concerns me. Thank you!

lala52 10-13-2013 06:27 PM

Re: Mottled (Blotchy) Skin and Lyme Disease

Kerry:
I have a little of that on my upper arms. I take bio-identical hormones and I thought it was from that. I have never heard of it being a symptom of lyme but i am not an expert. Maybe somebody else will chime in.

peat635 01-04-2014 08:11 PM

Hi Kerry,

I know this is an old thread, but yes--I have terrible mottled skin as well! It's an ugly, deep red that goes down my back. I've had it nearly a year, and one of my LLDs said it was Lyme/immune-related. Pretty nasty stuff. I have yet to hear of anyone else with this, and I assume it's permanent (though I'm still sick with Lyme and wouldn't know...).

tess201 01-05-2014 02:44 AM

[QUOTE=peat635;5254982]Hi Kerry,

I know this is an old thread, but yes--I have terrible mottled skin as well! It's an ugly, deep red that goes down my back. I've had it nearly a year, and one of my LLDs said it was Lyme/immune-related. Pretty nasty stuff. I have yet to hear of anyone else with this, and I assume it's permanent (though I'm still sick with Lyme and wouldn't know...).[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Blue"]I doubt that this is permanent. As you start to rid yourself of the bacteria and heal, your symptoms, including the rash, will fade. It's a process and it also depends on whether you are newly infected or have late-stage lyme. In late stage sometimes certain things will reappear during a flare-up, but often not as severely as in the beginning of treatment. The important thing is to not let up with tx and detox, detox, detox!

Tess[/COLOR]

kerry4296 01-14-2014 08:39 AM

Thank you to all :)

2young4paininOH 01-23-2014 05:52 AM

Hello, I just want you to know I get this to. I have it on my legs, feet, hands. and sometimes on my arms and checks. I did not know what it was until My LLMD told me what it was from also.. It should go away with treatment or get better.

peat635 02-23-2014 08:58 AM

This is extremely important--to all of you who are suffering with mottled or blotchy skin during Lyme treatment, please let me know:

[FONT="Arial Black"]Have you been using heat as a source for relaxation or pain relief? Heat could be in the source of hot water bottles, a heat blanket, a heating pad, fire, etc.[/FONT]

If you've been using heat on a consistent basis, please reply immediately. Thank you.

lala52 02-23-2014 06:13 PM

No. I have not been using heat. I am always sweating if anything. Why?

Lymesick 03-18-2014 05:28 PM

livedo reticularis..
This is maybe what you are speaking about, specifically if an autoimmune disease is present.
Although livedo reticularis can appear without cause, most often it is a symptom of an underlying disease. Lyme , Bartonella, are two of the many diseases that may cause LR.