It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Lyme Disease- PMS/IBS Like Symptoms But No Rash or Swollen Glands?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-21-2014, 07:10 AM   #1
    havert
    (female)

havert HB User
    Lyme Disease- PMS/IBS Like Symptoms But No Rash or Swollen Glands?

I live in an area where Lyme is prevalent. 2.5 weeks ago I found a female deer tick on me. The tick had been attached for less than 24 hours and was not engorged. I did not get a prophylactic dose because the tick had not been attached long enough to warrant it, based on what I read, but now I wish I had.

I do not have the EM rash or swollen lymph glands. I do have PMS symptoms, which for me are nausea, gas, and diarrhea - very similar to IBS.

I'm about to head out of town for two weeks and I don't have insurance. Has anyone else had early on-set symptoms that resemble this, without the other symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #2
    applewine
    Inactive
    (male)

applewine HB User
    Re: Lyme Disease- PMS/IBS Like Symptoms But No Rash or Swollen Glands?

Get the tick tested if you can. If one ever bit me that is what I'd do. It is easier to get the tick tested, especially in early stage. If it is positive I think they would treat you.

Second, your health is so important that you need to see doctors even if you don't have insurance. Don't make the mistake I made and don't try to treat yourself for medical conditions and risk hurting yourself. Just use your resource wisely. You will spend less in the long run. You could also look into getting medicaid if you can't afford insurance, or if you can afford insurance you should get it. You need to be enrolled in one or the other.

If you get or ever see any bruise or anything that looks like a lyme disease symptom on the skin try to find a doctor who will give antibiotic doxy just in case.

Nothing you have suggests lyme disease. There are no early tests available now, but the nano-trap antigen test coming out this summer is a very early stage compatible test. It should also detect late stage without antibodies or anything else.

The test will be expanded next year to include more antigens as well as co-infections.

You don't have any symptoms of anything that would be caused by infection yet.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:51 AM   #3
    J0J0
    Inactive

J0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB UserJ0J0 HB User

Havert, just wanted to throw a few things out there .

A tick does not have to be attached for 24 hours to spread diseases. Many are finding this out. I know you feel it wasn't attached. But maybe it could of been and then went to another spot. Just a thought. And any insect that bites, draw blood and goes host to host can transmit, such as fleas, knats, mosquitos ect.

There is a thread at the top of the board. It is called. Some lyme disease information. There is a symptom check list there. Many of us females have huge problems with feeling the way your feeling. PMS issues. IBS is right there with it.

We do not have to display the bulls eye rash to have Lyme. And not everyone gets the swollen joints.

Everyone is different on the symptoms.

If you feel you have been infected please read over the other thread at the top on Lyme Disease Information. It will help guide you in finding the appropriate help. Testing for Lyme and co-infections is not accurate. So many reasons for this. So even if you have a negative test you still could have Lyme. Getting to a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor is the key. They will solely go on clinical evaluation and not just the test.

I hope you find your answers soon!

Jodie

Old 06-06-2014, 12:49 PM   #4
    havert
    (female)

havert HB User

Thank you both for your response and advice. I haven't developed any other symptoms, so hopefully I am in the clear. I wish there were a reliable (and affordable) early detection test.

Unfortunately, my state didn't expand medicaid and I didn't earn enough to qualify for any health insurance subsidies -- one of those people stuck in a loophole

Closed Thread