It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Questions about a Possible Lyme Diagnosis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-08-2014, 04:40 PM   #1
    FIBROeD
    (male)

FIBROeD HB User
    Questions about a Possible Lyme Diagnosis

Hi,

I've had a very frustrating chronic problem that may be Lyme disease. As indicated by my handle, I was diagnosed with Fibro a long time ago and other than some nasty side effects from meds, didn't get anywhere, nor did I really fit the classic symptoms.

I just took the Igene X panel and everything was negative except I reacted to 41 Igg. I have a follow-up appointment in two weeks, but I think my doctor is going to treat is as though it's Lyme.

I had a few questions and then I thought it'd make sense to list my symptoms and get some thoughts on those as well.

So, outside of feeling better after the antibiotics have hopefully started to take effect (I know that takes a while), is there anyway to "know" definitively that I have Lyme. Sounds to me like it's more of a strong possibility needs to be investigated, but no way to know for sure.

In terms of symptoms, I'm a 34 year old male. Grew up in the Midwest. Never was aware of a tick bite, but I know that doesn't mean anything.

About 10 years ago, I started getting this chest pressure. Felt like I wasn't breathing quite right. Can't describe it better than tightness. My assumption was stress. It bothered me so much I had trouble sleeping.

It migrated to my neck and shoulders and eventually my jaw.

About a year after symptoms started, they went away almost instantly one day as I was walking down the street. It was like I felt my chest open up and I was breathing "right" again. Three months later while relaxing on vacation the chest pressure returned. Within a week, the neck and shoulders and jaw returned.

Chiro, yoga, exercise generally helps some. About four years ago, I woke up feeling awful. The sleep disturbances picked up again and the pain migrated into my low back and hips. Its gotten better, but since it migrated, not a day has gone by without pain/tightness of some sort in the hips.

Through PT I've managed it some, although the pain has migrated to a joint in my left shoulder and that can get pretty bad.

I have good days and bad days, but am always uncomfortable.

My energy level and concentration are fine.

I often feel bladder pressure and my bladder can be really slow. Especially in the morning.

I was borderline hypothyroid in a blood test. Otherwise, Nothing's abnormal.

I've seen a rheumatologist and he found nothing wrong.

Done enough scans to rule out anything structural.

Do these symptoms sound like what any of you have experienced with Lyme?

Any important questions to ask the doctor during my appointment?

My gut is that this could be Lyme, but there's no way to know without treating it. Hope it is so I can start on a road to recovery....

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by FIBROeD; 12-08-2014 at 05:12 PM. Reason: More info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2014, 03:42 PM   #2
    Giano
    (male)

Giano HB User
    Re: Questions about a Possible Lyme Diagnosis

Hi,
    I have a health problem like yours and I do not know what it really is.
    I hope you get well soon...

Old 12-09-2014, 03:43 PM   #3
    Giano
    (male)

Giano HB User

Hi,
    I have a health problem like yours and I do not know what it really is.
    I hope you get well soon...

Old 12-19-2014, 02:20 AM   #4
    lala52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Did you go to a cardiologist? There is a condition called pericarditis that have similar symtoms. The chest ones not the hip. lyme can cause pericarditis. i would make an appt and get an echo cardiogram . good luck. keep us posted.

Closed Thread